Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Default Gover reviews the Ecoboost....

Whats this? Gover recommends a Ford over a GMH product? Maybe there is a God.

LINKY

Sorry if its been posted before guys. I just was rather suprised that even the most biased of folk can churn out something positive.

SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
nstg8a

Default Re: Gover reviews the Ecoboost....

Lol yup its a repost ...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
Lol yup its a repost ...

Sorry folks, delete this thread then.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, No, keep it.. I think people need to read it again!!! Gover giving Falcon such a nice review!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
HUNTER8

"It's a winner. I would happily welcome an EcoBoost Falcon as my new company car and will recommend it to friends"
Literally translated I think that means "I'd have one as long as someone else buys it for me".
Old 29-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

He stills needs to get his dig in about Ford killing the Falcon though doesn't he, he can't write an article without mentioning it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

What a douche he is, like this article can somehow redeem him after publishing a week's worth of crap and criticism? Too little too late Mr Gover, you're in everyone's shitlist now. And even though he puts out something complimentary, he still pushes out his "Falcon is dead" crap. Unbelievable.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it seems to be his style, he does`nt like to go away without some sort of derogatory remark towards ford, on the plus side there where plenty of good remarks about it, and the fuel economy is again mentioned....... 6.9 litres per 100 k, quite good for a big family car.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be fair, I personaly blame Ford Australia 110% for the "Falcon is dead" comments all over the place.. These can be fixed over night if Ford Australia wanted..
Old 30-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
He stills needs to get his dig in about Ford killing the Falcon though doesn't he, he can't write an article without mentioning it.
yep, he did slip it in the first paragraph, he couldn't resist having a dig.

Quote:
But we now wonder how long it will be before Ford Australia fits Isofix child seat mounts - since the system is now finally approved for local use - to boost the safety of kids in its local car.
surprised i haven't read this on AFF, since there were quite a few here pushing for ISOfix.
Old 30-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

So is the Isofix thing going to be the new "no standard curtain airbags" whinge? Better let Dowling know, then.

I can't believe that Gover expects an Australian car to include Isofix so recently after the system has been approved for local use. Does his beloved Commodore use the system? I didn't think so. Gover must really be nitpicking, in this case.

Either way, this approval of Isofix is a huge step in the right direction.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
To be fair, I personaly blame Ford Australia 110% for the "Falcon is dead" comments all over the place.. These can be fixed over night if Ford Australia wanted..
This is like 2004 in the development phase of the new product cycle and just like then,
you won't be getting any confirnation either way until 2014 but think about this idea,
If the Ford brass were mad keen to tear down falcon and replace it with an imported vehicle
that could achieve any better sales and return, then they wouldn't be doing a piffling
$103 million update in 2014 where all they have to tip in is $50 million as in chump change...

As has been the case for decades, it's still far lest costly to evolve Falcon than change..
Look at the I-6, all ford had to do was tip in $8 million instead of redesigning for V6
which alone was whispered to be over $40 million..and that before they bough engines..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Didnt he quote some mysterious letter about fit and finish of the dash or alike. That pretty much sums up his creditability.

Joe5619 I agree with you that Ford are not doing enough to keep the vultures at bay, but honestly, in such a good news story is there any need for any future predictions? I mean if it was 2016 and we still were none the wiser then I agree hammer them, but we are four years away from that, there should be no mention of Ford not continuing the falcon in a review article now as they will be around to warrant any claim that a consumer might have on a new purchase now.

And AFAIK they are still liable to support the product during its warranty period even if it is out of production.

So there seems little point in taking about the future of the falcon at all in an article about a current car, unless its actually about future plans.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Mad_Pom

Quote:
but where is the "Commodore is dead" comment to balance it?
Mad_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
This is like 2004 in the development phase of the new product cycle and just like then,
you won't be getting any confirnation either way until 2014 but think about this idea,
If the Ford brass were mad keen to tear down falcon and replace it with an imported vehicle
that could achieve any better sales and return, then they wouldn't be doing a piffling
$103 million update in 2014 where all they have to tip in is $50 million as in chump change...

As has been the case for decades, it's still far lest costly to evolve Falcon than change..
Look at the I-6, all ford had to do was tip in $8 million instead of redesigning for V6
which alone was whispered to be over $40 million..and that before they bough engines..
If all this is true, then it is not hard for Ford to come right out & say so!!! One simple comment from the CEO like "We are here today & will be here long past the current FG model"!! Even if the decision has not been made they could still say this as the discussion to leave as not been made either so the statement is still true. The media does not need details as to what they are making, just say "yes we are staying past 2016". If things change then tell the media, after all Ford did tell us Focus was being built here from 2011, but I don’t see a local Focus anywhere. It is a business & things change.

Holden has not given any details about its car past 2018 other than to say "yes we are staying"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pom
but where is the "Commodore is dead" comment to balance it?
No need for it as Holden has comfirmed local products post 2018!!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd love Ford to do a "Compare us and if you still buy Commodore we'll give you $500 (or $1000)" campaign. Run it vehicle for vehicle. 4cyl against 3l, G6 against Berlina (All Models), G6E (All Models) against Calais, G6E Turbo against Calias V. At this stage it literally seems the only way they'll get people in the dealer door, let alone into a Falcon... Put your money where your mouth is. Then film people telling them why they chose the Ford and plaster it on TV and Social Media...
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont forget back in 2009 Gover said its good for the sport that 888 crossed over to Holden, enough said
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is no reason for Falcon's to sell really well you would think, the car sounds really good. Advertising would help them out alot.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
If all this is true, then it is not hard for Ford to come right out & say so!!! One simple comment from the CEO like "We are here today & will be here long past the current FG model"!! Even if the decision has not been made they could still say this as the discussion to leave as not been made either so the statement is still true. The media does not need details as to what they are making, just say "yes we are staying past 2016". If things change then tell the media, after all Ford did tell us Focus was being built here from 2011, but I don’t see a local Focus anywhere. It is a business & things change.
Even if Ford gave that assurance, there would still be doubters predicting their pull out
No amount of words will ever halt the train of suspicion and innuendo..

See, the problem is that Ford announce a 2014 Falcon and people still say, there's no real
commitment even though Ford has never done an announcement that far out before..
Announce a 2016 car?
Sure, Ford could do that and then critics say look at today's sales and Falcon can't survive
until then and the problem Holden could have is that if Commodore sales tank along with Falcon,
then Holden has just sunk huge dollars into a black hole that here until 2018.

Nobody knows for sure what is happening so far out, that's why Ford is hedging, they just don't know..

Last edited by jpd80; 02-05-2012 at 12:35 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post