Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

Default High fuel price petition, daily telegraph

Go to this link and read the story, you can sign a petition at the bottom,
Thought some members might be intrested

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...007132,00.html

Cheers

Old 18-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Thanks for that its about time we showed those bastards whose lining the pocket of their Georgio Armani suits. **** em i say.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

umm didnt the accc just tell all the fuel companies to drop fuel by 10c a litre

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Yeah but now the oil companies have passed the blame onto service station operators so price isnt falling as low as it should. Its a catch 22 cos we all need fuel so we cant exactly boycott them but something definetely needs to be done.
Old 18-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Prices aren't too bad at the moment. Remember last year when we were paying $1.40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
pHaT`eL
Banned

Yeh, i'm happy with the prices atm, buying Ultimate for under $1.30PL
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
RMCprime
EF XR6 5spd

I think the government needs a program to help create more Australian oil companies and the infrastructure to process our own oil. A the moment international companies move in extract our oil and sell it back to us at rediculous prices. wtf is with that.
RMCprime is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Telegraph's
The level of fairness is about $1.07 a litre.
I saw it for 105 this morning. Sounds fair, althought I'd like to see it under a dollar.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Prices aren't too bad at the moment. Remember last year when we were paying $1.40?
I remember the year before when we were moaning about "I heard it's going to be higher than a $1 soon! That's ridiculous!!"

I want them days back!
Old 19-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #10
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Petrol is still cheaper than Milk!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #11
F6T
Has V8 envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
yeah, and bottled water....but no-one buys 60-80 litres of the stuff per week!!

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
gozza

accc can't do anything...only make recommendations and take notes lol
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Quote:
Actually no, I get 3L of Pura Milk for $2.60
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #14
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Its a catch 22 cos we all need fuel so we cant exactly boycott them but something definetely needs to be done.

Umm that is the biggest misconception of them all.

I don't know the number of times I have tried to explain to people the simplest of ways to show oil companies who is the real boss.

Anyone that works in office buildings, especially in the city, could just as easily jump on public transport, think about all the headaches you would no longer have sitting in traffic on the freeways, all the parking fees you would be saving on. In fact just in parking fees alone you would be paying for your fares, then the fuel and other running costs associated with your car that you would also be saving.

By not driving if you don't have to, and this includes most office workers not all, you could be saving anything up to $100 a week or even more in unnecessary costs, at least $50 a week in fuel alone if not more. Multiply the fuel portion by about 10,000, that's $500,000, then multiply that by each of the capital cities (approximate number of people working in each as an average) and you would have $3,500,000 a week that doesn't go into the oil companies pockets.

When oil companies see a drop in sales it's just like any other product that is no longer in demand, in turn the general rule is to drop the price of said product in order to regain sales.

It's simple supply and demand, if the demand is great then so too will be the price if the product is relatively monopolized, if however the demand should drop then the over supply of any product would/should bring with it a drop in price.

It really isn't brain surgery or rocket science and the sooner people realise that they will be saving in more ways than they might realise the sooner we will all be better off. If you pay now around $100 a week to drive and park in the city you could be saving up to $70 a week, that's about $3500 a year, that's a really nice holiday.

If you bring the argument of time taken on public transport then just stop and think about how long it actually takes on the roads, next time you drive in to work note what time you leave and what time you get to where your going. I am pretty sure that both ways will be around about an hour each way, so pretty much no time saving at all really, just an hour to stress about why that idiot won't let you in the lane rather than catching up on some reading on the train.

Forget about petitions, they rarely if ever have any kind of influence, vote with your cars, show them that we don't actually need them as much as they would like for us to think. If you want to petition then petition government to put in more public transport routes and make it more accessible and user friendly.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Good post XRQTR. It actually demonstrates an understanding of the market forces that drive the cost of fuel - unlike this ridiculous petition.

Supply is essentially fixed. Manipulating demand is the only option. But... consider the amount of people you need to 'buy in' to this philosophy. The 'me too' mindset of the western world destines such a plan to failure.

Also phenominon like Jevon's paradox coming into play.

But really... for the most amazing substance that man has stumbled across... and the very limited supply we have remaining... $1.40 a litre isnt that bad.

The cheaper it is, the quicker we run out. Take your pick.
Old 19-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fundamentals of Economics taught me, no matter how much money you have you will have unlimited wants, however there are limited resources ie. fuel. this in essence, effects the supply and demand.

Unless the world finds another fuel substitute the demand for crude oil will always be there.
Take for example in the 1850's they used kerosene in the states for the street lanterns , but in the 1880s or so the introduction of the light globe saw a recession in the oil industry, then it revived in 1908 (i think) when Henry ford got the car industry going
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I hear what you're saying 4.9, and I don't have a choice, not if I want to keep working lol, keep in mind a tank for me is around $200 and that lasts less than a week most of the time so sometimes $400 a week.

What I am basically saying is that instead of crying about it to a newspaper, do something about it.

The other point of course is that even though fuel may (not neccesarily but we hope) get cheaper that once the mindset changes and people realise the benefits of public transport it will become a prefered choice rather than just an option only used when no other is available. So even if fuel did get cheaper there would in fact be less people using it which is also good for the environment, the amount of smog that blankets the cities some days is beyond ridiculous.

Instead of stressing in the car for an hour think of all the extra work that you can do while letting someone else do the driving. Open your laptop and all the unfinished work you would have had to do at some point in the evening could be split between your trip home and your trip back to work in the morning, wouldn't it be nice to actually relax when you get home.

Sounds simple because really it is.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #18
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Unless the world finds another fuel substitute the demand for crude oil will always be there.
That's the biggest problem is that most countries are looking for oil substitues rather than alternative sources of power, hybrid electric is here and yet how many manufacturers actually use this technology.

If the worlds politicians were serious about it they would implement a timeline by which all cars would need to have some kind of cleaner alternative.

The reality is that these cars cost all governments money, or should I say revenue, if they could find a way to tax self generating electricity then I can guarantee you that they will give a deadline for alternative power source conversion of all vehicles. However until such a time they will not endorse any kind of alternatlve as it just isn't cost effective to there revenue based budgetary system.

edit: check out these sites, the technology is their but the backing from any major government isn't, that's the difference, the manufacturers need to know that the government will help in the cost of development and also allow them for sale.
Tesla Speedster

this is just a group of people in the U.S. that are showing just how cheap it can be to do yourself.
Electric Car Motors

Last edited by XRQTR; 19-01-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally, I think the prices are up despite the drop in the Oil price because of the school holidays. I live in a holiday region and they are hovering around 117 while in other regions they seem to have dropped lower. I got a shock yesterday seeing it cheaper at Muwillumbah which is always dearer than here.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #20
frost
Banned

Ahh well, Fuel price in Ballarat dosnt change much. When you Melbournians last month were paying 110-120pl we were still paying 1.04, its only just gone up to 1.09 but it will go back down soon.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post