Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Question Vacuum Gauge

It might be a dumb question but how do i hook up my vacuum gauge?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
matey

Talking

which one do ya mean the one that gives you manifold vac? find a outlet on the carb if there is none spare splice one in to it like get a t joint to go in :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
It might be a dumb question but how do i hook up my vacuum gauge?

Yep, the T piece is the go. Simply splice it into one of your small diameter flexible rubber vac lines. These originate at the back of the inlet manifold's plennum (chunk on the bottom that your throttle is bolted to).

There should be a plastic 'tree' at the back there with quite a few lines coming off it. As far as I know, any of these will do.

I said the small diameter lines because the two larger ones are for Brake Booster and MAP sensor.

A T peice should not cost more than about $2 from supercheep and I think that vac hose (to run to your guage) is around $1.20/metre. I like to use small cable ties around the hoses at vacuum junctions just to make sure they never come apart. (Think of them as a small hose clamp).

Hope that helps.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
ScoopED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2005, 03:52 AM   #4
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sweet as boys thanks for that ill try get onto it before the christmas party tomorrow!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post