Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #391
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Reading the "do you prefill your oil filter thread" Priceless.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:28 AM   #392
klyson

Transport NSW pays $400 for accommodation once a week close to the Light Rail construction - using it today in a nice hotel in the cbd
klyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #393
.:4:.
Kicking back

Getting home and cleaning up after a day of working around and being covered in rat excrement. Tomorrow is a spent cleaning up the work car.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 01:36 AM   #394
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I started a new job at a winery and after work I had a first date with a beautiful young lady.

It was a long day but a good one.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #395
klyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I started a new job at a winery and after work I had a first date with a beautiful young lady.

It was a long day but a good one.
You probably beat all of us with this post...
klyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 01:50 AM   #396
Lunch
Wait, what?

Hopefully he didn’t beat himself
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 01:51 AM   #397
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

omg
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 02:19 AM   #398
Tui2
Coyote ugly

I did! As today was the best day Ever! I bought a supercharged 335boss ... now i need a car.. no seriously.. how i cant get the woo hoo off my face and ill be awake all night dreaming about my FG Mk2 GT playing Forza Horizon in my virtual FG GT (that i cant beat any of these drifting whipper snappers in.. but i can hammer the **** out if their cars with the optional Water Buffalo Bar- must be for the outback as it's FN huge ..i mean FG huge!
Old 03-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #399
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
I got a hint earlier today that a lady may be interested in me. We have an opportunity to meet this upcoming Friday as part of a larger group so there won't be the usual pressure of the 1 on 1 date.
How'd it go?

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #400
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Buying "new toys" or accessories for my car always makes me happy.
Yesterday, I bought a new Michelin foot pump with intergrated large digital LCD gauge for topping up tyre pressures at home when they are stone cold.

Also bought a top of the line Gerni for $600 with a steel braided 10 metre hose that never "kinks" or breaks like my previous washers for the car that annoyed me to no end.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #401
Lunch
Wait, what?

Just worked out that I can link my iPod to my sound bar via bt, it’s been years since we’ve had music in the house, let’s see how the neighbours like a little Suicidal Tendency’s. .!..
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #402
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 things this morning:
- Going to Bunnings & remembering everything you went there for.
- Aussie bogans looking out for their fellow man.

Went to bunnings this morning to get a few things, including a 16kg box of heat beads for the Weber.

Come out to the carpark to find a trolley sitting against the back of my car (it's a downhill slope) and a bogan couple mouthing off at someone of "ethnic" appearance.
They're saying things like "you're a lazy c" and "take the f-n trolley back instead of putting it there"

I got to my car & heard him go "but it's my car, mind your own business" Bogan alpha-male calls him out - "but you were putting your **** in that car" - pointing to the white Grandis beside me. He comes back with "that my wife car, this my car" at which point I got there, and encouraged by the bogans, simply said "what the f are you doing putting your trolley against my car"

Well, it was almost high fives all round for the bogan couple. She squeals out "I f-n knew it, I knew the pig didn't own this car, you're a f-n liar mate, f-off and (I won't say what she told him to ride).

So he turns on me. I simply said "take your trolley back, so I can get into the boot of MY car" (struggling with a box of heatbeads, and a 2nd box of assorted hardware bits). He then launches into "you wanna fight?" I simply said "really, you want to threaten me, because you do something wrong, and I can't get into my own car"

At this point a few more people had started to pay attention, and quickly worked out what was going on. A couple of passer-bys told him to take his trolley back, and he kept telling everyone to F-off and mind their own business. I was about to put my stuff down on his trolley, so I could open the boot and put it in, when he starts again "so porky pig, you wanna fight me" Now I'm the first to admit that I love my food, and I'm a bigger bloke, so these sorts of things don't bother me. But the choice of words made me think for a second. Why choose the word pig? Is this something racist in his culture? So I fired back "I may look like porky pig to you, but you're behaving like a filthy pig" well, didn't that hit a nerve......

Aussie bogan then steps in "man, I love a good pork roast, oh, the crackling, delicious - bet you're doing one on charcoal today aye mate, can I come around? Anything from a pig is F-n awesome, bacon is the best food in the world" I'm standing back dumbfounded at this tirade, and it's winding this fool up like no tomorrow.

But instead, of firing back at those who are having a go, he turns on me "i f-n hate f-n pigs, and I f-n hate you because you pig" So I replied rather loudly "I feel so sorry for you, the word hate is so powerful. I never said I hate you, and I haven't done anything to you, but you already hate me. You must really have a bitter & twisted mind, maybe you need help" (Ok, it was a bit more sarcastic than that, but I stayed calm, and delivered it cleanly).

Well, then he starts up - points to his temple & spits "you f-n twisting my brain, I f-n snap and I f-n kill you" So again, calmly, I replied "you poor soul, so wound up over a simple mistake you made & couldn't admit, and now you want to become a murderer. How did it get this bad for you"

Now at any time here, he could have simply grabbed the trolley, and taken it back to the return, only 3 cars away, but he kept going. He could have even gotten into his car and left, but he was standing between me, and my car, so I was stuck there, with armfuls of crap.

So then alpha-bogan starts up again. Hey mate, why do you want to kill him? He never done nuffin (with a perfectly timed echo of "yeah, he done nuffin wrong" from his missus). "you must be on drugs or something mate, calm down, just take your trolley back, and we can all chill and have a barbie"

But no, ol' mate fires back "I f-n kill you too" but gets cut off by another bogan male coming past "hey d-head, go back to your own country and leave us Aussies alone" - realising he's getting very outnumbered, he's starting to get very erratic. At this point I stepped back a few feet, because of the fear he may have a knife or other weapon (or something makeshift), and the way he was behaving suggested he might use it in a "fight or flight" response.

He replied "I f-n kill all of you, we fly planes into buildings before, and I do it to all you again"

Alpha-bogan then calls out "he's a f-n terrorist, call the cops mate" and at that point he scampered into his car. A handful of bogans stood behind it so he couldn't drive off, but while they were occupied patting each other on the back, the car in front of him pulled out of the spot, so he took off through there & got out. They took photos of his car & number plate.

Alpha-bogan then moved the trolley so I could put my stuff down behind the car & get my key out. Then he laughed & said "how funny would it be if this wasn't your car?"
I was quick with a come back "but it isn't?" - the look of shock was priceless, then I told him I was only joking & he cracked up. His wife then told me they saw the guy put the last thing from the trolley into his car as they were swinging into the spot on the other side of me. When she got out, he was putting the trolley against the back of my car, and that's when it started.

I just can't believe people can be such "pigs" and think that doing something like that is acceptable? Doesn't matter what part of the world you're from, it's simply wrong, in any language. Yet when confronted, it's everyone elses fault but his.

I was only going to do a couple of chickens tonight, but now & reckon a leg of pork on the rotisserie will be a whole lot nicer......

And cheers to bogan pride, and looking out for their fellow man.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #403
Kicking back

That made me feel good today. Bogans like myself get painted with a dirty brush, but its just keeping it real and thats what a good society is about. Honesty and no bs.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #404
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
That made me feel good today. Bogans like myself get painted with a dirty brush, but its just keeping it real and thats what a good society is about. Honesty and no bs.
Was that you in the BA XR6 with your missus .:4:. ???
Old 03-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #405
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Was that you in the BA XR6 with your missus .:4:. ???
Nah, i drive a pov pack ranger
Old 03-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #406
Lunch
Wait, what?

@ commodorenut. You’ve got that bogan down pat brother!
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #407
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I wonder why people can't just admit their mistakes these days. The guy who rolled into my car last week fit a similiar description, and as soon as he got out started with the "I didn't do nothing. Not my fault...you hit me" Then when I wanted his details, he covered his face and took off. Too bad his ute was plastered in his business name, email, phone number... when I took the photos to the cops the next day, even they had a chuckle at his stupidity.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #408
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I wonder why people can't just admit their mistakes these days. The guy who rolled into my car last week fit a similiar description, and as soon as he got out started with the "I didn't do nothing. Not my fault...you hit me" Then when I wanted his details, he covered his face and took off. Too bad his ute was plastered in his business name, email, phone number... when I took the photos to the cops the next day, even they had a chuckle at his stupidity.
Accidents when they happen (ive only been in 1 that was not my fault) i force the exchange of a licence so they either comply or drive off with my identity however i have theirs so there is something to give to the fuzz. Its more like a guarentee to pull in to a side street to resume traffic flow after you take photos and write down the time and place. Worst case as long as you get the rego . ..
Old 03-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #409
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, I read that post in the "Why is it" thread, and you're 100% right.

I had a similar thing years ago in a VH Commodore. Guy in a crappy HQ rolled back into me at the lights. He proceeded to claim he was a cop, and I was in the wrong for not keeping a safe distance.

I still wrote down his numberplate. He wouldn't exchange details, claiming he didn't have to, as I was in the wrong, and he would be a "great bloke & not charge me for the dent in his bumper." His towbar had gone over my (steel) bumper, through the grille, and into the A/C condensor, bursting it.

No matter how much I pleaded, he wouldn't give me his name or address, but repeated that he was a local cop, and if I wanted to push the matter, he'd get one of his highway patrol buddies to give me a fine, and then drove off.

A few nights later I was in the area again, and still fuming about it, so I decided to call into the cop shop. At the counter I asked if I could speak to the cop who owned a white HQ, with this rego. Being a smaller rural town, the desk Sarge said he knew every cop on every shift, and nobody had a HQ Holden. He then ran the rego, and said nobody by that name worked at that station, nor had for 20 years he'd been there, but the guy was a local.

He looked at the car, I explained what had happened, and the claims he made. Didn't that make the Sarge's night. He proceeded to ring the guys home number, ask him about his car (he denied any incidents) and then asked what station he worked at. Whatever the reply was didn't do him any favours, and the Sarge ripped into him about impersonating a Police officer.

He got me to fill in a P5 self-reporting form (I don't think they have them anymore) and gave me a copy so I could claim insurance. Being a young guy with a V8 Commodore, I only had third party property, but it had uninsured driver protection up to $3K on it, so I figured it was worth a shot. A week after I put my claim in, they called me & said the guy did have insurance, and I had to claim against him, as they don't cover me unless the other driver at fault is uninsured. They wouldn't give me his details, nor who his insurance company was, for privacy reasons.

So I decided to go back & visit the cop shop & explain it to the desk Sarge again, in the hope I could get his details, and put in a claim with his insurer. It took a few goes to catch him on shift, but eventually I did. I explained it all, and he said he couldn't give any details, but he felt sorry for me, and would see if he could do something. He rang the guy and did the whole "remember me, I busted you for impersonating a cop" line, and spoke to him a bit more - not quite loud enough for me to hear the convo. He told me to come back & see him in a week - same night, same time. I duly went back, and he said he got the guy to come in, roasted him about what he did, and gave me an envelope with some cash in it (about $200). "He won't give you his details, and I can't force him to, but he's offered you this to fix your car." There are some great cops out there, just a shame there's a very small number who give them a bad name at times.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #410
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Gave the bf a tub today and it actually comes up like a shiny new penny
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #411
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I told him multiple times I wanted to exchange details, as there is minor damage to my car. He said "Nuh, I'm not giving you nuthin'. Nuh." and so I started taking photos of both him (hence him covering his face), and the ute he was in, including rego. He thought that he could get away with it, because I was a youngish female alone in the car at night, and would be scared of him. When he realised I wasn't scared of him, and I wasn't going to drop it, he took off.

Within 5 minutes of getting home (10pm) I had googled his business email, and found his ABN. From there I searched the ASIC registry and had his full name and address.

But I was expecting that he would either deny being there at all, or wouldn't know who had been driving his vehicle. So the next day I went to the local station, explained briefly, and they called him to force him to exchange details. He still tried the "It wasn't my fault, she hit me" routine then too, but the officer was having none of it.

It really won't help, as it's his word against mine, and there is no damage to his towbar. It's not worth putting in an insurance claim. So I'll just get my friends in the repair game to see what they can do to hide it as much as possible.

If he'd just admitted to playing with his phone or whatever that had him distracted, that he rolled back into me (despite my best efforts to back up away from him), and been reasonable, a carton or a bottle for the boys that fix it would have been fine.

I am getting a couple of quotes done by friends, so I could always send letter of demand, but it's such a hassle. Mostly, I went to the cops just to show him he couldn't push me around, and just maybe teach him a lesson for next time.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #412
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
There are some great cops out there, just a shame there's a very small number who give them a bad name at times.
Back in 1999 I was getting round in a turbo pulsar and I thought I could take on the world when in it, 1 day I was on my way to Ballarat tailing a brand new wrx at more than a little over the limit, we approached a rural T intersection and he took it at speed so I followed, a couple hundred meters out of the corner I overtook him but a little bit ahead a Volvo, complete with bowls hat on the parcel shelf, pulled out in front of us, I had 2 options, jump on the brakes and have the wrx in my back seat or overtake him too, not liking the first option I decided on the 2nd, unfortunately my decision required me executing the overtake over a double white line and painted median strip/turning lane at about 170kph in a 100 zone, I completed it cleanly and was felling pretty happy with myself but it was at this point the guy in the wrx flicked on his lights , I pulled over, we had a chat, he laughed and said as soon as I followed him through the intersection he knew had me, i was a big fast fours fan back then, we spoke about his persuit car for a bit while he was writing me up the ticket, he did me for 5kph over the limit

That made me feel good that day
4 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #413
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got excited about cleaning the shed today got rid of some stuff that i have been hoarding for far too long. Made the missus happy to see the stuff gone. Win win
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #414
Lunch
Wait, what?

Scored a 1080 copy of Thor Ragnarok today, not available until March
Old 03-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #415
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
I got excited about cleaning the shed today got rid of some stuff that i have been hoarding for far too long. Made the missus happy to see the stuff gone. Win win
When I get into that "mode" there is a lot of concerned faces in this household. I'm ruthless.............
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #416
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I know dfb what looked good about a month ago is now not in the plan. My missus hopes i dont replace the stuff gone with more stuff.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #417
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Whatever goes into the shed,goes into the shed in secret lol,nobody knows whats really in there....
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #418
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Whatever goes into the shed,goes into the shed in secret lol,nobody knows whats really in there....
Or... What happens in the shed, stays in the shed.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:32 AM   #419
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sort of like a car heads area 51
Old 04-02-2018, 12:44 AM   #420
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've just finished waxing the coupe and doing the chrome and wheels ready for a blat tomorrow it comes up not too shabby.