Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #61
thexyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
and instead of braking his wrist he should have had it slit!!!!!!!

My bad, just got caught up in the blood letting that all these people are putting across saying what he did to Staker was good for the game...

Hall is a brute and is a better fit in a zoo with an enclosure around him to keep the other apes safe from him.
Go back to your netball then. Nobody wants to admit they like it but that was a great punch and will only serve to improve Barry's "big, bad" persona. The next time someone comes running at him, they will think twice.

Of course, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be penalised, the powers that be don't want it in the game. His penalty should be the next 'x' games he is capable of playing. i.e. 1 broken wrist = six weeks then any suspension should commence from the time he is fit to play again otherwise it is just a concurrent penalty that is no penalty for what he did.

Still, a great punch to not be on the end of ....
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #62
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
What did you get for christmas last year, a pink manbag?
Yes but with matching shoes..lol

Like i said before, biff ok....cheap punch..not so ok. there is a difference.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #63
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexyking
Go back to your netball then. Nobody wants to admit they like it but that was a great punch and will only serve to improve Barry's "big, bad" persona. The next time someone comes running at him, they will think twice.

Of course, I'm not saying that he shouldn't be penalised, the powers that be don't want it in the game. His penalty should be the next 'x' games he is capable of playing. i.e. 1 broken wrist = six weeks then any suspension should commence from the time he is fit to play again otherwise it is just a concurrent penalty that is no penalty for what he did.

Still, a great punch to not be on the end of ....
I'm confused..are you condoning or condemning what he did? When you sort that out then you can attempt to bag me.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #64
thexyking

I'm just saying we love to see it but we know it is not right to condone it. Sacre was on the end of a terrible punch he did not expect and for that, Hall will be punished in a way that is nearly meaningless, due to the fact he is going to miss matches due to injury.

Can you keep up with that?

I'll go and polish the car now....
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #65
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe his injuries are Karma??

In league a cheap sucker punch will see you out for 8 weeks (michael weyman) and even alot of rugby boys are crying foul.

I dont mind biffo either, just when two people are involved, not a sucker punch...

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #66
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Whats the problem, it was a love tap, not Barry's fault Staker has a glass jaw.

By the way Brisbane v Port, brought back memories of round 16 1995. Unbelievable
Old 13-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #67
stockNAfairlane

How is Hall's punch good for the game? He's on the ground to PLAY FOOTBALL not punch other players that arent expecting it.

If your ****ed off lay a good tackle don't knock him out. Isn't it a better feeling to floor the guy thats tagging you with a fair tackle rather then stoop to punching him when he's not looking? And i guarantee you the crowd will cheer a hell of a lot louder if you pummel the tagger with a perfect CLEAN tackle then if you punch him.

It's sad that you guy's who condone this can call yourself football supporters when clearly your boxing supporters.

Yeah bring back the biff, but not the weak ****y attempt that Hall made.
stockNAfairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #68
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I've followed Hall's career since before he left the Saints, mainly to see if he'd ever live up to the hype. To date, he has only reinforced my opinion that he is over-rated as a player and here is the perfect example of what he is lacking to be great - discipline.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockNAfairlane
How is Hall's punch good for the game? He's on the ground to PLAY FOOTBALL not punch other players that arent expecting it.

If your ****ed off lay a good tackle don't knock him out. Isn't it a better feeling to floor the guy thats tagging you with a fair tackle rather then stoop to punching him when he's not looking? And i guarantee you the crowd will cheer a hell of a lot louder if you pummel the tagger with a perfect CLEAN tackle then if you punch him.

It's sad that you guy's who condone this can call yourself football supporters when clearly your boxing supporters.

Yeah bring back the biff, but not the weak ****y attempt that Hall made.
I agree. The Adelaide/Port game last week had plenty of biff that was good to see, they didn't need to resort to cheap shots. If you want to smack someone at least do it face to face, not from the side without him even seeing it coming.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #70
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I can't wait till he's back on the ground and playing and linning up againt's the eagle's agian, when do they play agian??, it will be a good match.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #71
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexyking
Nobody wants to admit they like it but that was a great punch and will only serve to improve Barry's "big, bad" persona. The next time someone comes running at him, they will think twice.
100% agree! its been over 2 years sinse he was last at the tribunal (week before 2005 grand final) and maybe he felt some guys didnt think he still had it in him? this will serve as a warning to anyone who wants to have a go at him in the future!

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #72
BabyJ
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Whats the problem, it was a love tap, not Barry's fault Staker has a glass jaw.
I would have punched him too.
I'm a rugby fan and I couldn't think of anything worse than having a grown man 'groping' you all game. Most blokes would cringe at the thought of getting handled like that anywhere outside a footy field, so therefore I'm not surprised That Baz gave him a little love tap.
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #73
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ
I would have punched him too.
I'm a rugby fan and I couldn't think of anything worse than having a grown man 'groping' you all game. Most blokes would cringe at the thought of getting handled like that anywhere outside a footy field, so therefore I'm not surprised That Baz gave him a little love tap.
That's what I saw.. lots of fondling, grabbing his arms, massaging his chest and humping his leg like a lonely daschund.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #74
SubJimbo
Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Just watching Footy Flashbacks on Ch 7. Now THAT was when footy was great to watch. Barassi and Walls....all the old players. I miss watching games with a bit of biff. No such thing as a push in the back...you push me in the back, I will just slip ya one in your ribs!

Too bad Barry broke his wrist but at least now if they suspend him for a few games (which they will) his wrist will heal nicely.

I hope more people, Especially Umpires, Watched this.. I did, And it was one of the most exciting things I've seen.. The game was free-flowing, And Physical. They are the kind of games you want to see.
SubJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #75
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Barry just did a news conference and said he will take whatever punishment that the AFL dish out and said that it is not the kind of thing that young kids needed to see. He said Sorry.

I repeat, The man is a GOD!
Old 13-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #76
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

lol at hunter. i think Carlton and west coast swap Guernseys last night. west coast are a bunch of sooks now that they don't have cousins and the other big names. they weren't in the game at all KO or no KO.

browny is only behaving himself now because he's the senior player left at Brisbane, acka and vossy aren't there to egg him on anymore. good win though for the lions.

history was made this afternoon, THE BLUES FINALLY GET A WIN :. about time fevola turned up to a game.

rest well professor bazza, I'll still be cheering you at the SCG when you come back mate.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #77
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b

history was made this afternoon, THE BLUES FINALLY GET A WIN :. about time fevola turned up to a game.
Unfortunately for Carlton though the big Fev will go AWOL during the week and have a shocker next weekend.
Old 13-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #78
BZINGA