Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #6991
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
nice! You must be a millennial?

Did you see the bit where I said my wife (who is immune suppressed) has been in contact (more than once) with one of the people at a cafe when that infected piece of **** was there?

But you don't care coz you are invincible and don't give a **** about those who are not invincible. I feel very sad that we are leaving the world to people like you

Trevor I'm probably older than you and I'm living with health issues but I blame the Victorian government for the mishandling of this virus in which they caused the second wave.
You probably have not experienced the long lock down in Melbourne which I am still experiencing and believe me this has big implications with peoples mental health.
We all know you will get the odd person who won't play by the rules which is fact of life.
In times like these I think people who are in their senior years or with health issues should be restricting their social activities as much as possible until a vaccine or viable treatment comes available, if you or others want to venture out and take the risk then don't complain.
Old 15-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #6992
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Out of interest, Russ, do you have the worldwide new cases figure? I'm assuming it's less than the previously reported daily highs, but would be interested to see how it is tracking.
Here are the daily new cases since April 1st. It's a bit spiky due to lower weekend reporting but you get the picture.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #6993
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Is C19 now an endemic disease?
Old 15-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #6994
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 14th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

20 new cases for Australia and 3 deaths so the CMR rises to 3.307% while active cases increase to 1,392. NSW recorded 14; WA recorded 1 case, SA recorded 3 with the balance in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average (excluding today) is now back down to 11.0 with metro falling to 8.9 (15 unknown) and regional still at 0.6 with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 7 new cases for the last 24 hours.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.334% and active cases rise to 40.

The UK had a new record high 19,724 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 137 deaths.

Just under 52k new cases in the USA yesterday and 855 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.730% and active cases drop to 32.7% with the raw numbers rising and still over 2.6M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 378,910 (14/10);
The USA completes 121M, India 90M and Saudi Arabia 7M tests;
Europe recorded a new daily case high of 139,674;

Albania (203);
Bosnia (482);
Slovenia (707);
Croatia (748);
Bulgaria (819);
Armenia (1,058) - the previous high on 26/6
Moldova (1,149);
Austria (1,346) - the previous high on 26/3;
the UAE (1,431);
Portugal (2,072);
Jordan (2,423);
Switzerland (2,823);
Romania (4,016);
Iran (4,830);
Poland (6,526);
Italy (7,332) - the previous high on 27/3;
Czechia (9.543);
Russia (14,231) and;
the United Kingdom (19,724) all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-10-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Old 15-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #6995
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Trans-Tasman bubble: Australia releases new rules for Kiwi travellers

Siobhan Downes
13:41, Oct 15 2020

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...iwi-travellers

Quote:
One day out from the limited trans-Tasman bubble, Australia has released its requirements for Kiwi travellers.

From Friday, passengers from New Zealand will be able to travel to New South Wales and the Northern Territory without having to quarantine on arrival, as the first stage of what has been dubbed the “safe travel zone” between New Zealand and Australia.

Since March, Australia’s borders have been closed to all except Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members of citizens and residents. Non-citizens and non-residents have had to apply for an exemption to be able to enter the country.

But on Thursday, Australia’s Department of Home Affairs published an update on its website which confirmed New Zealanders travelling under the safe travel zone arrangement will be automatically exempt from Australia’s travel restrictions.

The website states people can travel from New Zealand to Australia, quarantine-free, if they have been in New Zealand for 14 days or more and not been in a designated “hotspot”.

A Covid-19 hotspot is defined as a place with a rolling three-day average of three cases a day. There are currently no hotspots in New Zealand.

These passengers must travel to Australia on a “quarantine-free flight”, which only carries those who meet the requirements.

“You do not need to be a New Zealand citizen to travel to Australia quarantine-free if you meet the above criteria, but you will need a valid visa to enter Australia,” the website says.

“New Zealand citizens do not need to apply for a visa before coming to Australia.”

The arrangement is currently limited to travel to New South Wales and the Northern Territory, but other states and territories may be added at a later date.

According to the website, before travelling to Australia, passengers must print and compete a Covid-19 declaration form and present it at check-in at the airport.

If passengers don’t present this form, they may not be able to board their flight, the website states.

On arrival in Australia, there will be green and red zones at the airport to separate passengers arriving on “quarantine-free” flights and those who must complete 14 days of mandatory quarantine.

“If you travel on a quarantine-free flight, you will be guided through the green zone to complete all border clearance processes in the airport of arrival in Australia,” the website says.

Air New Zealand chief executive officer Greg Foran said in a statement the airline has introduced “quarantine” and “quarantine-free” flights to Australia in line with the safe travel zone requirements.

“The quarantine-free flights will be for travellers originating from New Zealand who are flying from Auckland to Sydney and are not required to quarantine on arrival in Australia,” he said.

“Quarantine flights will be open to passengers who do not meet the safe travel zone criteria and will be required to quarantine on arrival in Australia.”

Air New Zealand is currently operating eight return flights between Auckland and Sydney per week and would look to operate two quarantine flights per week, while the remaining flights will be quarantine-free.

Between October 16 and 24, the airline would operate three quarantine flights – on October 17, 22 and 24 – and all other flights would be quarantine-free. On October 22, the airline would operate both a quarantine-free and a quarantine flight.

The airline said it was working through flights from October 25.

Passengers planning to travel interstate beyond New South Wales would need to ensure they have checked state and territory travel restrictions and have the appropriate exemptions and approvals to travel.

Customers would not be able to book onwards domestic flights via Air New Zealand due to Australian state restrictions.

The safe travel zone is currently only one-way, with passengers returning to New Zealand from Australia still having to complete 14 days of managed isolation on their return.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
This user likes this post:
Old 15-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #6996
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting. How many airports does NT have? So we are going to potentially have overseas arrivals mixing with NZ travellers in NT airport. Sure hope they have their flights appropriately scheduled. Then mix with nsw who are currently experiencing some unknown cases. Hmmmm. Will be interesting to see how many actually come.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 16-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #6997
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Interesting. How many airports does NT have? So we are going to potentially have overseas arrivals mixing with NZ travellers in NT airport. Sure hope they have their flights appropriately scheduled. Then mix with nsw who are currently experiencing some unknown cases. Hmmmm. Will be interesting to see how many actually come.
Darwin is the only airport that handles international flights, they have othe regional airports such as Gove but these only handle domestic and local flights...I gather you haven't been to Darwin Airport lately?? trust me no one gets mixed up, one plane at a time is dealt with, they don't mix the arrivals
area with multiple flights, especially with international which is completely separate and at the very most one a day......remember there is F all flights at the moment and this NZ thing will be lucky to have 2 or 3 extra flights a week at the most, and most of them will be to Sydney. Same same when flying into Brisbane from Darwin, you do not mix with anyone until you have been processed, the whole area is cordoned of and you don't see anyone except the Police, ABF, ADF and SES until cleared to leave, and only then do you enter the general population areas..

I'll be back in Darwin on Monday, i'll give you an update eh

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 16-10-2020 at 07:46 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #6998
Trevor 57
is now there

Isn't the Darwin airport part of the Military Base
Old 16-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #6999
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Isn't the Darwin airport part of the Military Base
Yep, separated by the main runway, military one side and civilian on the other....

4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #7000
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Yep, joint user airfield.
I work on the Defence side of the runway.
Been quiet here for a while...

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2020, 11:25 AM   #7001
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 new cases in Vic. Looking at Vic's original target review date, 26th Oct, we may have actually met the "impossible" target.

Its interesting though, I am seeing less compliance in the last couple of weeks. People are gathering at parks, groups are playing cricket at the nets, all with masks drawn down. Roads closer to the CBD are very busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
I gather you haven't been to Darwin Airport lately?? trust me no one gets mixed up, one plane at a time is dealt with, they don't mix the arrivals
Nah, never been . Hopefully they keep service staff, like cleaners, well separated too. It is really kicking off again in Europe, London went from low risk to high risk tier pretty much overnight. News there is reporting that hospitals are getting filled up (although my NHS mate is saying its all BS, and hospitals are "empty"?). Its almost certain some arrivals will be positive though.
Old 16-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #7002
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 15th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

25 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drop to 3.297% while active cases increase to 1,397. NSW recorded 11; WA recorded 5 and Queensland 1 case(s) with the balance in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now back down to 10.0 with metro falling to 8.7 (17 unknown) and regional still at 0.6 with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 2 new cases for the last 24 hours.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.333% and active cases rise to 42.

The UK had a slightly lower 18,978 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 138 deaths.

Just under 60k new cases in the USA yesterday and 970 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.722% and active cases drop to 32.5% with the raw numbers rising and still over 2.6M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 398,609 (15/10);
Global cases pass 39M with the last 1M taking 3 days again;
Global deaths pass 1.1M, the last 50k taking 9 days again;
Spain recorded their 2nd highest daily total of 13,318 new cases;
The USA completes 122M, India 91M, Russia 52M and Italy 13M tests;
Europe recorded a new daily case high of 153,303;

Angola (250)
Albania (257)
Bosnia (569)
Slovenia (745)
Croatia (793)
Bulgaria (914)
Armenia (1,371)
Lebanon (1,499)
Austria (1,552)
Slovakia (1,929)
Portugal (2,101)
Jordan (2,459)
Germany (7,074)
Ukraine (7,791)
Poland (8,099)
Belgium (8,271)
Italy (8,804)
Czechia (9.720)
Russia (14,231)
Argentina (17,906); and
France (30,621) all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 16-10-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 16-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #7003
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

That global new cases figure is continuing to rise. Not a good thing.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 16-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #7004
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
That global new cases figure is continuing to rise. Not a good thing.
Yep. Sis in Washington state just wrote that they are spiking again. My nephew won't be going back to school until Jan now.... at least. He has been off since March.

I don't care what anyone says. Vic did the right thing with a harsh lock down. We were asked to "live with it" at 50 to 100 a day. It would have quickly spiked again and put other states at risk. The 2nd wave in Europe could be worse than the first. Even Sweden might be imposing restrictions now.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 17-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #7005
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Well that went well for the first day of the NZ-NSW-NT Bubble, some ducking and weaving going on at the end of the article

Seventeen New Zealanders caught entering Melbourne on day one of travel bubble

Quote:
Seventeen Kiwi travellers who landed in Sydney have been caught entering Melbourne on day one of a travel bubble set up between NSW and New Zealand.

Late on Friday, Victoria's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) confirmed the arrival of the group into Melbourne, but said its authorised officers did not have the authority to detain them.

"Victoria has not agreed to a travel bubble arrangement with New Zealand and did not expect to receive international travellers as a result of NSW making that arrangement," DHHS said in a statement.

"The Victorian Government has made it clear to the Commonwealth that we expect NZ passengers who have not undertaken quarantine will not be permitted to board flights in Sydney bound for Melbourne."

It remains unclear whether the 17 travellers have been allowed to stay in Melbourne or if they have been sent back to Sydney, where they would be required to isolate for 14 days.

Victoria is not currently accepting any international travellers after the state’s hotel quarantine program for travellers was put on hold.

Earlier on Friday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison gave a warm welcome to the hundreds of New Zealanders who arrived in his home state, the first cohort under the new 'bubble' arrangement between the two countries.

"Today, we have already welcomed our first Kiwis back to Australia for a holiday. That's fantastic," he said on Friday.

"We say 'Kia Ora' to those Kiwis who've joined us, we hope you enjoy your holiday in New South Wales, or the ACT and we look forward to seeing more of you – tell your friends.

"We have a few Australians in New Zealand at the moment for the Bledisloe (Cup) on the weekend.

"There'll be a few Kiwis headed this way for the Bledisloe return matches here in Australia in a few weeks' time."

The Prime Minister described the arrival of Australia's first international tourists in six months as a turning point.

"Here we are, already, before the end of the year, getting at least to some new point of normal when it comes to COVID-safe travel," he said.

Airport staff greeted travellers from New Zealand with Tim Tam biscuits, gelato and sunscreen on Friday.

Passengers were required to complete a health declaration, confirming they had only been in New Zealand in the past 14 days, and a health screening upon landing in Sydney.

Those arriving in Australia under the scheme will need to quarantine for two weeks if they return to New Zealand.

Two flights arrived in Melbourne from Sydney on Friday: a Virgin flight scheduled to land at 11am and a Jetstar flight scheduled to arrive at 4.50pm.

Border Force refused to comment on the matter, directing The Age and Sydney Morning Herald to state authorities.

Spokeswomen for the Victorian government directed any queries about the matter to the DHHS.

A spokeswoman for Melbourne Airport said it had also been unable to reach the Victorian DHHS to understand the situation and were therefore unable to comment.

A Victoria Police spokesperson declined to comment, stating the force had no jurisdiction over travellers at the airport.

The NSW government, the federal government and Sydney Airport have been contacted for comment.

With Laura Chung

2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2020, 07:44 AM   #7006
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our office has been told to come back in November. I've been working mostly in the office the whole time with the odd day or two a week WFH but there are some I have not seen for 6 months. Gonna suck hard for them

But peak logic is we are going to 'pilot' ongoing WFH arrangements despite it working perfectly fine for the last 6 months.

**** me dead
Old 17-10-2020, 09:20 AM   #7007
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=DJR-351;6502339]Well that went well for the first day of the NZ-NSW-NT Bubble, some ducking and weaving going on at the end of the article

There has'nt been any community transmission in NZ for quite a while so its these idiots putting themselves at risk?

Its a one way ticket to NSW/NT because you have to pay for the 14 day quarantine yourself .....so all it will be is people returning to family etc? as it makes for an expensive holliday

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 17-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #7008
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=PooDog;6502348]
Quote:
Well that went well for the first day of the NZ-NSW-NT Bubble, some ducking and weaving going on at the end of the article

There has'nt been any community transmission in NZ for quite a while so its these idiots putting themselves at risk?

Its a one way ticket to NSW/NT because you have to pay for the 14 day quarantine yourself .....so all it will be is people returning to family etc? as it makes for an expensive holliday
There is no quarantine for Kiwis in Aus now. On the way back is a different matter so yes a short term stay is not a good option.
Old 17-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #7009
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

[QUOTE=PooDog;6502348]
Quote:

There hasn't been any community transmission in NZ for quite a while so its these idiots putting themselves at risk?
My point was not who's at risk but how well it's been controlled and who is actually responsible for controlling it, they should not have been allowed to get anywhere near a flight to Melbourne or any other destination not in the 'bubble'...but as has been the norm since this began no one is preventing or is responsible for people boarding a flight out of the State/Territory, it's always been left up to the destination State/Territory to deal with them when they arrive.....

If your driving and don't have the exemptions/passes to cross into another state you are turned around there and then, it should be the same at the airport, if you are not cleared to enter the flights destination you don't board and become a burden on them, simple.....

We have had Kiwis flying in to the NT since this began under the essential workers deal, as long as they have all there exemptions/clearances and passes in order and join the ship directly from the airport there is not a problem, they do a 5 week swing then go home where i believe they have to do a 14 day quarantine...

Last edited by DJR-351; 17-10-2020 at 10:00 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #7010
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Leaking like a sieve already. It is an interstate flight where no processing is done at the arrival port, it should have been stopped at Sydney airport. I'm not buying the "but they are infection free" argument. What are the odds of these travelers obeying restriction rules once they enter Vic? Nudda, zilch, donut. Again, it will be a free pass, no scrutiny on failures. We have just been through months of tough restrictions, and we are about to reap some of the rewards, then this happens.

Keen to know how Melb airport caught them. From memory you get off the flight and you walk straight out at the domestic end, so how did they get stopped?

EDIT: Hearing on ABC now that they weren't stopped. DHHS has no powers to stop people at the airport. They are gone, somewhere in the state, but they don't know where. Probably having a big welcome party as we speak.

Last edited by T3rminator; 17-10-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 17-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #7011
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Leaking like a sieve already. It is an interstate flight where no processing is done at the arrival port, it should have been stopped at Sydney airport. I'm not buying the "but they are infection free" argument. What are the odds of these travelers obeying restriction rules once they enter Vic? Nudda, zilch, donut. Again, it will be a free pass, no scrutiny on failures. We have just been through months of tough restrictions, and we are about to reap some of the rewards, then this happens.

Keen to know how Melb airport caught them. From memory you get off the flight and you walk straight out at the domestic end, so how did they get stopped?
I think that might be unique to Melbourne, not 100% sure about Sydney now cause the one time i flew in there i never attempted to leave the terminal as my connection to Brisbane was only 20 minutes after arriving, we still had to show our paperwork and travel itinerary on arrival, but on departure it was the usual show your boarding pass at the departure gate, no Police, ABF etc

All the airports i have been through since this all started have not questioned anyone when boarding a flight out, but all of them put you through the wringer on arrival, that includes Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Cairns, Gove and Bundaberg. Flying back home from Darwin to Bundaberg via Brisbane means traversing the checkpoints twice in Qld but no one gives a hoot when leaving the NT....

As far as the states are concerned it's not there problem when you leave, it's the destination states when you arrive

Old 17-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #7012
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
I think that might be unique to Melbourne, not 100% sure about Sydney now cause the one time i flew in there i never attempted to leave the terminal as my connection to Brisbane was only 20 minutes after arriving, we still had to show our paperwork and travel itinerary on arrival, but on departure it was the usual show your boarding pass at the departure gate, no Police, ABF etc

All the airports i have been through since this all started have not questioned anyone when boarding a flight out, but all of them put you through the wringer on arrival, that includes Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Cairns, Gove and Bundaberg. Flying back home from Darwin to Bundaberg via Brisbane means traversing the checkpoints twice in Qld but no one gives a hoot when leaving the NT....

As far as the states are concerned it's not there problem when you leave, it's the destination states when you arrive
They do check at Melbourne airport on departure.
3 weeks ago I took my elderly father to the airport to board a flight to Brisbane, as he was moving residency to QLD.

After check in, they had a roped off area through which all boarding passengers had to go through before passing through the security scanners.

They would not let him on the flight unless he had his QLD border pass, a form of ID, and they also asked him to show evidence of why he was going there.

Luckily, I had prepared papers for him on his new QLD place of residence.

The hardest part for my 85 year old father, was going into government mandatory quarantine for 14 days at the hotel at Brisbane airport at a cost of $2,800.
Old 17-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #7013
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

EDIT: Hearing on ABC now that they weren't stopped. DHHS has no powers to stop people at the airport. They are gone, somewhere in the state, but they don't know where. Probably having a big welcome party as we speak.

I don't get the storm in this teacup.

Aust government allows people to travel from NZ to Aust if they are coming from a non-hotspot.

No restrictions on travelling from NSW to VIC. Or NSW to other states with open borders with NSW.

The whole bit about only being able to fly to certain states is Scomo playing political games... and trying to punish the states he deems to be dragging the chain ie QLD in the main part.

If they flew into Sydney and stayed there for 14 days would it be an issue?.. not that it makes any difference or sense for that matter.

But the question I have is that given this is essentially one-way travel what are those kiwis going to do when they arrive? There is a serious unemployment issue in Australia at the moment.
Old 17-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #7014
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
They do check at Melbourne airport on departure.
3 weeks ago I took my elderly father to the airport to board a flight to Brisbane, as he was moving residency to QLD.

After check in, they had a roped off area through which all boarding passengers had to go through before passing through the security scanners.

They would not let him on the flight unless he had his QLD border pass, a form of ID, and they also asked him to show evidence of why he was going there.

Luckily, I had prepared papers for him on his new QLD place of residence.

The hardest part for my 85 year old father, was going into government mandatory quarantine for 14 days at the hotel at Brisbane airport at a cost of $2,800.
As i say i think Melbourne is unique at the moment, everywhere i've been so far departing is no issue, arriving is where the fun starts more so if your paperwork is not up to scratch. We had one engineer from Melb join in Darwin last swing and he had to fly up 2 weeks early prior to joining ship (start work) and do a 14 day stint in the Howard Springs Quarantine facility $$$, either that or you don't work....

Old 17-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #7015
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I don't get the storm in this teacup.

Aust government allows people to travel from NZ to Aust if they are coming from a non-hotspot.

No restrictions on travelling from NSW to VIC. Or NSW to other states with open borders with NSW.

The whole bit about only being able to fly to certain states is Scomo playing political games... and trying to punish the states he deems to be dragging the chain ie QLD in the main part.

If they flew into Sydney and stayed there for 14 days would it be an issue?.. not that it makes any difference or sense for that matter.

But the question I have is that given this is essentially one-way travel what are those kiwis going to do when they arrive? There is a serious unemployment issue in Australia at the moment.
Because us Vics have been locked down for a very long time, and just at a time we are starting to look to open up, we can ill afford to have arrivals that we haven't planned for. Tourists are here for a good time, not a long time. They will be out and about mingling and mixing. Vic is not quite ready for that yet. Even with some social restrictions easing this weekend, we are not in the same scenario as any other state. We still have 150+ active cases, 4 times that of NSW, more than 10 times that of QLD.

My beef is that we haven't had a chance to plan for it, and poor (or lack of time to plan), was a key contributing factor to the initial outbreak.

Those coming to vic are probably here for family reunion...another key factor of the initial outbreak. There is not much a tourist can do with a 5km travel restriction, and even with 20kms, its a waste of time.
Old 17-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #7016
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Morrison and the NSW government simply playing games with people's lives, again.
Old 17-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #7017
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

BREAKING NEWS: The rogue New Zealand travellers have been spotted in a field east of Melbourne.

Old 17-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #7018
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Because us Vics have been locked down for a very long time, and just at a time we are starting to look to open up, we can ill afford to have arrivals that we haven't planned for. Tourists are here for a good time, not a long time. They will be out and about mingling and mixing. Vic is not quite ready for that yet.
Funny you mention this, we in country Victoria have been saying this about Melbournites sneaking out.
Fortunately lately we have been having roadside compliant checks by the cops to make sure they catch people who aren't supposed to be here....... and they've been catching them.

3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #7019
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 16th, 2020.

9 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drop to 3.303% while active cases increase to 1,405. NSW recorded 5 and Queensland 2 cases with the balance in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is down to 9.5 with metro falling to 8.1 (17 unknown) and regional down to 0.5 with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 1 new cases for the last 24 hours.

2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.333% and active cases rise to 42.

The UK had a slightly lower 15,635 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 136 deaths.

Just over 66k new cases in the USA yesterday and 873 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.711% and active cases remain at 32.5% with the raw numbers rising and still over 2.6M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 411,361 (16/10);
The USA completes 123M, India 92M, Pakistan 4M and 13M tests;
Europe recorded a new daily case high of 153,184 after the previous high was amended slightly;

Albania (289)
Greece (503)
Bosnia (621)
Slovenia (834)
Bulgaria (998)
Croatia (1,131)
Libya (1,169)
Armenia (1,465)
Slovakia (2,075)
Portugal (2,608)
Morocco (3,498)
Romania (4,026)
Ukraine (5,992)
Germany (7,964)
Netherlands (7,984)
Italy (10,010)
Belgium (10,448)
Czechia (11,102) and
Russia (15,150) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #7020
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Almost 100% of the tests conducted during the blitz in Shepparton earlier in the week have been completed.

So far, all have been negative. That is fantastic news for the Shepparton region. Well done to everyone in Shepparton for getting tested, and the testing teams for the rapid response.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread