Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #5611
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I wonder what's 'special' about meat processing places?
Temperature, humidity, general moisture, that sort of stuff?
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #5612
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The housing thread shows clues, I've got a hatred for the sheltered workshop this state is, too busy trying to protect people from themselves at the cost of everyone else, the attitude is endemic through our society, you can see it from the dashcam mentality on the roads, everyone is concerned about what others are doing rather than running their own race. That's not really for this thread so I'll leave it there.

What I'm interested in is the context of these new infections in VIC - we're talking increases of hundreds of new cases per day in the harshest restrictions in the country.

What is the context behind the numbers, what industry do these people work in, what were their movements that lead to this?

Oh and has the covidsafe app started working yet?
Here's the twitter thread from @thesecurityguy1 from August 19. I think it sums up what your saying....

1/19 No, I’m not an epidemiologist, virologist or even a Dr but I have managed my company’s response to the virus across APAC, working closely with such people, for the last 211 days straight, so I ‘know things’ and have learned more along the way #COVID19 #covid19australia
2/19 I just can’t take the lies, obfuscation and misrepresentations coming from politicians & their MSM cheer squad a moment longer. Strap in for a small thread that I hope clarifies a few things and, probably, already confirms much of what you are already thinking.
3/19 For all below source http://health.gov.au & worldometer. All we hear in Australia, relentlessly, day on day uttered in hushed, funereal, tones is the number of cases, with the implication that case=hospitalization and death. It does not. This is simply untrue.
4/19 The focus on ‘cases’ and the incorrect associated effect is used to close borders, destroy businesses, crush economies, separate families, prevent other medical treatment and destroy our freedom. So, let’s look at some facts as at today.
5/19 Globally we have 6,474,403 active cases, 6,412,360 (99%) are categorized as mild condition. Of the 22,306,539 total confirmed cases, 15,047,783 (95%) have recovered which, if we extrapolate that, means a further 6,091,742 of current active cases will also recover
6/19 But, I hear you say: of the 15,832,136 closed cases globally, 784,353 have died – that’s a massive 5%! I won’t start on the misrepresentations of death from & death with COVID19 but I will say the fatality rate of this virus is not 5% nor anywhere near. Let’s examine that:
7/19 Most commonly cited fatality statistics are calculated based on the ratio of cumulative confirmed deaths to cumulative confirmed cases. However, as long as the outbreak is ongoing, this statistic remains flawed.
8/19 In most cases, the progression of infection can typically be known only after 2-4 weeks meaning IFR calculation is not reflective of the progression of infection.
9/19 Add to this the fact that a number of countries have insufficient or inaccurate testing capabilities, resulting in many unidentified cases that are excluded from the census and we can see this method is deeply flawed (yet is the one most commonly cited !)
10/19 Calculation of Hospitalization Fatality Risk (HFR) focusses on hospitalized cases, but fails to take into account mild cases of infection where treatment in hospital may not be required; this is especially true for any asymptomatic cases. Again, not valid.
11/19 Symptomatic case fatality risk (sCFR): Death rate ÷ number of infected & symptomatic cases is widely held as more accurate than IFR or HFR (but there are also limitations to sCFR). We apply this the current calculated global fatality rate is 1.4%. Anyway, back to Oz stats
12/19 Australia has 23,989 total confirmed cases, of which 8610 are active. This means 15,370 cases have had an outcome. 14,929 of those closed cases (97.07%) have recovered. Again, extrapolating that we can expect 8,358 of current active cases to recover.
13/19 Do we have a rampaging community spread? No, we do not – with the exception of the hotel-quarantine led disaster in Victoria – the vast majority of all Australian cases have been overseas acquired, detected early and controlled.
14/19 Yes, we have had 450 deaths but the overwhelming majority of those have been very elderly and / or with serious underlying medical conditions. Age groups 70+ represent the biggest fatality demographic with the 80-89 group the largest of that.
15/19 I’m not in any way minimizing these deaths but we need to put this into perspective. In particular we need to examine these deaths against usual fatality rates in this demographic (‘excess mortality’) to understand the true impact of the virus. I suspect it will be low
16/19 So, to wrap up: day after day it’s politicians and a fear-stoking media pushing case numbers and the sad deaths of very elderly or already very sick people. Somehow ‘flatten the curve’ has morphed into ‘100% eradication’ – a patent impossibility.
17/19 We never hear of the high recovery rates or the overwhelming number of mild cases. We never hear of the overall low Symptomatic case fatality rate and we never hear of the minimal effect this virus has had on our health system.
18/19 We never hear of the spike in suicide rates, depressive illness and deaths due to postponed / delayed medical treatments for other serious conditions. We never hear of the effectiveness of 'Cluster Management' and the scientific flaws of 'Lockdown'
19/19 We remain lied to & locked up. We have to ask ourselves ‘why?’ I have a theory on that & you need look no further than upcoming state elections – but that’s for another time. It’s time we pushed back, demanded the truth and regained our lives. END #COVID19 #COVID19Australia
3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #5613
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You may also be interested in this class action from AdvocateMe.
I wont list the content, its 25 pages.

https://b46d3b17-2c96-45ba-9a87-8c2f...fdae15fb34.pdf
Old 23-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #5614
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

In other more important news...

The Masked Singer, which was being filmed during Stage 4 Lockdown from the Channel 10 studios at Docklands, Melbourne, has been shut down!

CH10 said only one crew member has tested positive. Other sources are saying the cluster number is up to 13 people.

Devastated that this 'essential service' has been shut down.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #5615
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The housing thread shows clues, I've got a hatred for the sheltered workshop this state is, too busy trying to protect people from themselves at the cost of everyone else, the attitude is endemic through our society, you can see it from the dashcam mentality on the roads, everyone is concerned about what others are doing rather than running their own race. That's not really for this thread so I'll leave it there.

What I'm interested in is the context of these new infections in VIC - we're talking increases of hundreds of new cases per day in the harshest restrictions in the country.

What is the context behind the numbers, what industry do these people work in, what were their movements that lead to this?

Oh and has the covidsafe app started working yet?
Re: new infections, the overall pattern is on the downward part of the curve. The Age did an excellent article yesterday where they showed the genomic clustering of the outbreakes. Have a look at the chart. The early infections were largely overcome by early May, and it looks like the larger, second wave is on the downward path as well. It's been proved that if people don't interact nearly as much as they originally did, the virus cannot multiply and grow.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...21-p55nxj.html
Old 23-08-2020, 01:57 PM   #5616
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Here's the twitter thread from @thesecurityguy1 from August 19. I think it sums up what your saying....
You have already posted that crap. Why the need to post again?? Didn't get you the attention you so crave the first time around??
Old 23-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #5617
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
In other more important news...

The Masked Singer, which was being filmed during Stage 4 Lockdown from the Channel 10 studios at Docklands, Melbourne, has been shut down!

CH10 said only one crew member has tested positive. Other sources are saying the cluster number is up to 13 people.

Devastated that this 'essential service' has been shut down.
Amazing isn't it, meanwhile a QLD family with a 2 year old kid which had emergency heart surgery in NSW are being told to isolate in QLD hotel quarantine, despite being advised by 5 doctors not to.
Surely using common bl**dy sense can have the family isolate at home in this case.

Old 23-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #5618
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a look at the Security guy's posts and watched Plandemic and Plandemic 2 as well last night, some very good points on patenting coronaviruses and controlling research and vaccine, and set the question over the hand of man being in this virus. The doctors presented made a good point of the immune system lowering without exposure to outside, so we should make sure we do get outside as best we can. I'd hazard to guess exposure to COVID would be more serious than exposure to viruses and bacteria in dirt. The views presented to me by my medical professionals are almost unanimously that it is real, dangerous, and we must try to reduce it fwiw.

What I think will happen in Vic will be a cautious re-opening, the authorities are aware they got bit on the ars last time. Then it will be up to contact tracing teams to get on top of any outbreak, from very low levels, locking down areas it pops up in while everyone else tries to get back to life. My 2c

Out of interest, walking with my Gen Z biomed undergrad son the other night, he detailed how he wanted to to get back into work, study and life after it passes - and he advised when things do open up, that our family hang back and wait a little while to see if we do get outbreaks locally (holiday area). I thought this was very mature and took our position into account (he has some background in virology and immunology). I had expected he would be of the "let me out! let me out!" school, but apparently not.
Old 23-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #5619
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Amazing isn't it, meanwhile a QLD family with a 2 year old kid which had emergency heart surgery in NSW are being told to isolate in QLD hotel quarantine, despite being advised by 5 doctors not to.
Surely using common bl**dy sense can have the family isolate at home in this case.
Agreed.

Why couldn't the QLD Government grant this family the same "medical exemption" they granted Masked Singer judge Dannii Minogue and her son, who flew in from the USA (which requires a mandatory 14 day HOTEL quarantine period in QLD) and went straight to her GC home??
4 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #5620
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
According to the current inquiry, 99% of the current outbreak of cases stem from the hotel quarantine although the figures quoted are a bit rubbery.

What we do know is that we have several 'clusters' this time around and during the last 14 days where there have been ~3,300 total new cases they have consisted of:

266 cases across 5 Health care facilities (58% at one);
740 cases across 10 meat processing facilities;
377 cases across 6 educational facilities (53% at one);
279 cases across 6 workplaces; and
1,712 cases in aged care facilities.
Seems like there is a lot of effort and media attention around the Eve Black's and Vik Grujic's of the world rather than whats occuring at health care, meat processing, educational and aged care facilities.

We all hear about the odd person getting into a scuffle with Vic Police over not wearing a mask and the latest rounds of fines but not the details on where the spread is actually occuring.

Like the case of Cedar Meats, turns out they have a huge casual workforce, mostly migrant community, the manager/owner is a known ***** to his employees and it turns out they donated to the ALP.

Now whats the further breakdown of those stats:

Which health care facilities?
Which education facilities?
Which aged care facilities?
Which workplaces and what industries do they serve?

Then further what is the breakdown of private/government facilities in the case of healthcare, education, workplaces and aged care?

The aged care facilities is the real damning one there - its gotten into the most vulnerable part of our community in huge numbers and they're dying on a daily basis. The community that these restrictions are trying to protect in the first place.
Old 23-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #5621
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Agreed.

Why couldn't the QLD Government grant this family the same "medical exemption" they granted Masked Singer judge Dannii Minogue and her son, who flew in from the USA (which requires a mandatory 14 day HOTEL quarantine period in QLD) and went straight to her GC home??
why do so many people get outraged on other peoples behalf?

its a full time job in todays society it seems.
Old 23-08-2020, 02:27 PM   #5622
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Agreed.

That's the power of status and celebrity - the rules that apply to us don't necessarily apply to them.

They have influence over traditional and social media and its getting close to election time in QLD.
Old 23-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #5623
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
That's the power of status and celebrity - the rules that apply to us don't necessarily apply to them.

They have influence over traditional and social media and its getting close to election time in QLD.
On that theme, I'm hoping the AFL will love QLD so much they will all relocate there permanently.

3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #5624
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
BLM movement will know.

3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #5625
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...21-p55o4n.html

This one was good, explains some of the upside-down pricing and sales we saw in cars too. Retail has had a cracker in the pandemic (XDJ is one of the strongest sectors in the market at present)

"And for that they have the government's unparalleled injection of stimulus to thank. Bizarrely, for the majority of medium to large retail companies COVID-19 has been a blessing rather than a curse - at least to date.

The measures introduced by the government - the largest and most beneficial being the wage subsidy JobKeeper - effectively allowed retailers to place themselves into a de-facto version of Chapter 11 (the US brand of soft administration).

With few exceptions retailers were able to freeze their outgoings by abandoning rent payments, deferring payments to suppliers, cancelling orders all at a time when the JobKeeper allowance was paying their staff costs.

The icing on the cake was that those with decent online platforms could keep the cash registers ringing.

And ring they did."
Old 23-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #5626
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

its a full time job in todays society it seems.
I'm guessing by you quoting my post, you are implying that I am outraged on this 2 year old's behalf??

Let's see. This 2 year old girl from QLD was having open heart surgery in NSW when the QLD border restriction was introduced. Her parents applied to QLD Health (twice) for a medical exemption from hotel quarantine so they could quarantine at their QLD home instead. They were denied both times.

Putting a 2 year old who is recovering from open heart surgery, with an underlying cardiac condition, in a hotel with others who are under quarantine from overseas travel, with a high risk of exposure to individuals who may be infected with COVID, in my humble opinion, is a stupid and unjust decision by QLD Health.

Prior to this family applying to QLD Health for a medical exemption to quarantine at home, QLD Health had granted Dannii Minogue a "medical exemption" because she is apparently 'claustrophobic', plus they also granted Brisbane Broncos Coach Anthony Seibold an exemption to quarantine at home from a trip to Sydney.

So if you were implying that I am outraged on this 2 year old's behalf, then you would be 100% correct. And I'm quite ok with that. Not my full time job though.

Last edited by GasoLane; 23-08-2020 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Not necessary
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #5627
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Now whats the further breakdown of those stats:

Then further what is the breakdown of private/government facilities in the case of healthcare, education, workplaces and aged care?

The aged care facilities is the real damning one there - its gotten into the most vulnerable part of our community in huge numbers and they're dying on a daily basis. The community that these restrictions are trying to protect in the first place.
I'll answer what I can from the data available and bear in mind that these numbers are only for the last 14 days, which is to say they won't represent the total number of cases per cluster:

Austin Hospital, Heidelberg (14)
Werribbe Mercy Hospital (28)
Northern Hospital, Epping (31)
Brunswick Private Hospital (31)
RMH, Royal Park (155)

St Joseph's Primary, Bendigo (16)
Carolyn Chisholm Catholic College, Braybrook (18)
Clever Kids, Ashburton (43)
Catholic Regional College, Sydenham (44)
Nino Early Learning, Bundoora (46)
Al-Taqwa College, Truganina (210)

Mecwacare, Hoppers Crossing (52). Non-profit provider.
Aurrum Aged Care, Plenty (79). Private.
Glendale, Werribbee (83). Private.
Arcare, Craigieburn (94). Private.
Japara Goonawarra, Sunbury (107). Private.
Estia Health, Heidelberg (110). Private.
Twin Parks, Reservoir (112). Private.
Cumberland Manor, Sunshine (113). Private.
Outlook Gardens, Dandenong (113). Private.
Kirkbrae Presbyterian, Kilsyth (133). Non-profit provider.
Baptcare, Werribbee (155). Non-profit provider.
Estia Health, Ardeer (158). Private.
St Basil's, Fawkner (194). Non-profit provider.
Epping Gardens, Epping (209). Private.

Jayco, Dandenong (21). Manufacturing.
Multiplex Premier Tower, Laverton (26). Office building.
Coles Distribution Centre, Laverton (28). Distribution.
Bingo Recycling, West Melbourne (30), Waste recycling.
Woolworths Distribuiion Centre, Mulgrave (64). Distribution.
Linfox Warehouse, Trugannina (65). Distribution.

Which abbatoirs?
AMG, Dandenong (11).
D'Orsogna, Mickleham (11).
Don, Castlemaine (28).
Diamond Valley Pork, Laverton (32).
Inghams, Thomastown (34).
Hazeldean Chicken, Bendigo (37).
Golden Farms Poultry, Breakwater (55).JBS, Brooklyn (156).Somerville Retail, Tottenham (167).
Bertocchi, Thomnastwon (209).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 23-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #5628
PhilT2

Quote:
I'll answer what I can from the data available.
So basically you're saying that the information is available to those that care to look for it?
Old 23-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #5629
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You have already posted that crap. Why the need to post again?? Didn't get you the attention you so crave the first time around??
Beethoven has his critics too. You’ll have to try a whole lot harder to offend me chap.
Old 23-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #5630
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cop this then Romulus:

https://van-us.atavist.com/beethovens-10-worst-pieces

"This work opens with irritating staccato winds, and things don’t get better when the chorus enters. The men and women alternate or sing at the same time without counterpoint. The melody has the stepwise character of the “Ode to Joy,” but somehow in dumb. Maybe it’s the pedantic repetitions at each pitch level. Forget all the good hours; this was a terrible four minutes."

Ouch.

More seriously, I don't mind hearing alternate views to mine on the virus topic, it's interesting to know people are already setting up against full vaccination from a civil rights perspective like in your link.
Old 23-08-2020, 04:41 PM   #5631
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I'm guessing
Correct. You do that a lot.
Old 23-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #5632
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Beethoven has his critics too.
Erik Satie mocked him in one composition; I suppose that was a contemporary form of trolling.

Aside from that, is anyone else finding windblown litter outside their house now includes PPE?
Old 23-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #5633
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Cop this then Romulus:

https://van-us.atavist.com/beethovens-10-worst-pieces

"This work opens with irritating staccato winds, and things don’t get better when the chorus enters. The men and women alternate or sing at the same time without counterpoint. The melody has the stepwise character of the “Ode to Joy,” but somehow in dumb. Maybe it’s the pedantic repetitions at each pitch level. Forget all the good hours; this was a terrible four minutes."

Ouch.

More seriously, I don't mind hearing alternate views to mine on the virus topic, it's interesting to know people are already setting up against full vaccination from a civil rights perspective like in your link.
The "Beethoven had his critics too" was taken direct from the film Chopper. I'm dismissive of certain types of folk, no need to name them.

It appears the Courts are where these civil rights, business disputes and other issues will be fought. There are many class actions shaping up to be lodged in Court, against both state and federal governments, for their alleged over reach. The Biosecurity Act of 2015 is the overriding law at the moment, both levels of government are allegedly operating outside the scope of this Act.

Interesting times ahead.
Old 23-08-2020, 05:50 PM   #5634
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Aside from that, is anyone else finding windblown litter outside their house now includes PPE?
I've yet to find a biohazard waste bin to dispose of PPE including face masks. After all, isn't this virus really nasty and dangerous?
Old 23-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #5635
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Had a look at the Security guy's posts and watched Plandemic and Plandemic 2 as well last night, some very good points on patenting coronaviruses and controlling research and vaccine, and set the question over the hand of man being in this virus. The doctors presented made a good point of the immune system lowering without exposure to outside, so we should make sure we do get outside as best we can.
Lots of people have been hooked in to the conspiracy theories watching the first one. All the main media platforms have banned it from being hosted on their site. I think it just made it worst as people would go actively looking for it. As with all conspiracy type "documentaries" there is a 5% truth to it, that is how they hook you in.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahae.../#6549751a5fa3

The article is bang on. It has hooked in a lot of "intelligent" people. A mate of mine who owns a massive fast food chain that you've all probably eaten from, shares all the associated theories, every day! His facebook account is littered with this stuff. Funnily he has removed his "job title" from his profile.

Last edited by T3rminator; 23-08-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 23-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #5636
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've yet to find a biohazard waste bin to dispose of PPE including face masks. After all, isn't this virus really nasty and dangerous?
Apparently you need a test to tell you that you have a deadly disease.
Old 23-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #5637
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to reopen this thread but if it continues in the vein it has been then it one of two things will happen: (1) it will be closed permanently and the only updates will be the statistical ones or (2) the offenders will be removed from the Bar completely.
OK Hitler.
Old 23-08-2020, 09:44 PM   #5638
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
OK Hitler.

Haha. Stay off the turps
5 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #5639
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Haha. Stay off the turps
He now has time to get back on them.
Old 23-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #5640
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Lots of people have been hooked in to the conspiracy theories watching the first one. All the main media platforms have banned it from being hosted on their site. I think it just made it worst as people would go actively looking for it. As with all conspiracy type "documentaries" there is a 5% truth to it, that is how they hook you in.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahae.../#6549751a5fa3

The article is bang on. It has hooked in a lot of "intelligent" people. A mate of mine who owns a massive fast food chain that you've all probably eaten from, shares all the associated theories, every day! His facebook account is littered with this stuff. Funnily he has removed his "job title" from his profile.
The problem with Forbes is it has about as much credibility as Snopes. Their first problem, Dr Judy Mikovits was never convicted of fraud in Court. The rest of the article is an opinion hit piece.
Closed Thread