Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #9751
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I'm a chalkie.

Seen 200 kids get vaccinated in half a day by 3 nurses.

I can't see why they need a 'GP' to issue injections - it's the most basic form of medical procedure.

Do what they do in elections. Hire every school hall and have them set up for issuing the vaccine.

Make all data access and entry computerised, 2 to prep, 2 to triage before and monitor afterwards, 4-5 to administer. All should be first aid trained, perhaps use active nurses looking for some overtime or just retired nurses?

Every 2 hours rotate jobs so that they don't get bored or suffer RSI.

Anyone that is known to have an adverse reaction to getting shots need to go to a hospital or medical centre directly for their shots.

That setup can get through a thousand a day if not more per facility.

1a only first weekend, 1a+b second weekend etc.

And none of this starting at 9 and finishing at 4 rubbish. 7am till 9pm (2 x 7hr shifts) so there are no excuses.

How are nursing homes and retirement villages done I wonder? Can it be more efficient? - Probably.

If they want everyone done by October they will need to adopt something similar.

See what happens I guess.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 08:41 AM   #9752
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The list has grown quite substantially overnight...... Currently Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Bulgaria, Ireland and the Netherlands have all halted AZ.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...16-p57b08.html

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 09:14 AM   #9753
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have no opinion either way - other than to observe it’s exactly the sort of risk that was inferred by the “make haste slowly” voices.
Old 16-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #9754
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Stupid decision to halt rollout - so there's been an extra 10 or so people dying of clots over and above what is normal. And this will ensure that thousands more die of Covid instead. UK pushing ahead and well on target.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #9755
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Stupid decision to halt rollout - so there's been an extra 10 or so people dying of clots over and above what is normal. And this will ensure that thousands more die of Covid instead. UK pushing ahead and well on target.
I watch Germany closely, because Angela Merkel is a scientist by trade.

Dr Norman Swan was on ABC a couple of days ago was saying just that, the number of blood clot cases is not greater than the norm, so its nothing to worry about.

BUT......

He came out and updated his stance this morning. Apparently the clots are happening in people that don't usually get it. Younger people. So he thinks it warrants an investigation and needs to be monitored closely. However he still supports going ahead with the vacc.

Put it this way, if the same cases were being reported with the sputnik or sinovac, do you think you'd have a different view of things?
This user likes this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #9756
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Blood clots found in 37 people out of 17 million recipients of AstraZeneca vaccine
A British virologist says international concerns about the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine causing blood clots must be put in perspective.

Associate professor Sterghios Moschos says 17 million people have received the AstraZeneca jab so far and blood clots have been found in just 37 recipients.

10 European nations have now suspended the AstraZeneca rollout, over Norwegian concerns about blood clots.

Professor Moschos believes anti-vaxxers on the internet pose more of a threat than the vaccine itself."

The 37 is a small number, but they seem to occurring in the European region. Does that point to a batch problem? If so, is there a manufacturing issue?
Old 16-03-2021, 12:30 PM   #9757
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

and what IF 37 people had blood dis orders without knowing could be another Q until tests are performed.
Was it the vaccine causing the deaths ?
Ages ? most of the jabs have been mature/older people, what state of health were they.
37/17M = 0.00000217647 yes its small and nothing confirmed to date.
Manufacturing prob ? keep us informed mate
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...cerns-76466090
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 16-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #9758
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Put it this way, if the same cases were being reported with the sputnik or sinovac, do you think you'd have a different view of things?
No, they're treating people as well. No nationalism from this quarter. Whatever works for each country.
Old 16-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #9759
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
and what IF 37 people had blood dis orders without knowing could be another Q until tests are performed.
Was it the vaccine causing the deaths ?
Ages ? most of the jabs have been mature/older people, what state of health were they.
37/17M = 0.00000217647 yes its small and nothing confirmed to date.
Manufacturing prob ? keep us informed mate
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...cerns-76466090
Europe is taking a different approach to vaccinating the elderly. An example is provided in the link you posted, they are not at the front of the queue. The complications and deaths being recorded are not all who you would call "elderly".

Was it vaccine causing the death? It hasn't been confirmed either way. So sounds sensible that they halt the roll out until it is?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...y-covid-2021-3
(posted 5 days ago)

"There have been a total of four reported cases in Europe of people getting vaccinated with a specific batch of AstraZeneca’s shot and then developing blood clots afterwards, according to the EMA. The batch of 1 million doses had been sent to 17 EU countries, including Denmark."
Old 16-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #9760
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 15th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

9 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.121%.

7 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.070% and active cases 93.

The UK had a higher 4,899 cases yesterday and 64 deaths - the 2nd consecutive day under 5k cases.

Just under 48k new cases in the USA yesterday and 623 deaths sees CMR down to 1.818% - that's the second consecutive day under 50k cases. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
None

Finland (863) on the 14th; and
Jordan (9,417)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #9761
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Europe is taking a different approach to vaccinating the elderly. An example is provided in the link you posted, they are not at the front of the queue. The complications and deaths being recorded are not all who you would call "elderly".

Was it vaccine causing the death? It hasn't been confirmed either way. So sounds sensible that they halt the roll out until it is?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...y-covid-2021-3
(posted 5 days ago)

"There have been a total of four reported cases in Europe of people getting vaccinated with a specific batch of AstraZeneca’s shot and then developing blood clots afterwards, according to the EMA. The batch of 1 million doses had been sent to 17 EU countries, including Denmark."
I know and read it all.
Point is these numbers are so minimal no matter the mix of ages in 37 (at this stage), it just that someone or some have brought it to attention and the world "sniffs".
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 16-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #9762
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

As someone who has stood at deaths door as a result of blood clots becoming lodged in the lungs(Pulmonary Embolism) i can assure you that you might as well take your chances with COVID as death from clots is probably just as bad.
You dont realise how something as simple and automatic as taking a breath can be so vital until you physically cant no matter how hard you want and try to.
Old 16-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #9763
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
As someone who has stood at deaths door as a result of blood clots becoming lodged in the lungs(Pulmonary Embolism) i can assure you that you might as well take your chances with COVID as death from clots is probably just as bad.
You dont realise how something as simple and automatic as taking a breath can be so vital until you physically cant no matter how hard you want and try to.
Bit of dilemma, Covid19 causes a lot of people to go on ventilator when they need assistance in their breathing. For me I'd still take my chance with the vaccine
Old 16-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #9764
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I've said before, if you have a good immune system it will laugh at Covid. Even if you're old.

You cucks lining up for the vaccine.... might want to lower you're estrogen levels and get a testosterone shot.

Keep buying all that poison-processed-food from the supermarkets.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #9765
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
As I've said before, if you have a good immune system it will laugh at Covid. Even if you're old.

You cucks lining up for the vaccine.... might want to lower you're estrogen levels and get a testosterone shot.

Spoken by a Twat.
5 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #9766
leesa

Quote:
Ah yes, because women are weak and any man demonstrating perceived weakness is no longer a man. #thisiswhattoxicmasculinitylookslike

Old 17-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #9767
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I tried to tally up the “don’t want immediate vaccination” among people I know, who’ve expressed a position. It’s close to evenly split on gender lines.

There’s also a decent number who are uncomfortable about it for various reasons, but will go through the process; it’s a larger group and I haven’t enumerated it by sex.
Old 17-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #9768
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I tried to tally up the “don’t want immediate vaccination” among people I know, who’ve expressed a position. It’s close to evenly split on gender lines.

There’s also a decent number who are uncomfortable about it for various reasons, but will go through the process; it’s a larger group and I haven’t enumerated it by sex.
I want to be vaccinated but want pfizer's RNA vaccine

Old 17-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #9769
Metdevil

Quote:

And what about those whose immune systems can't handle it? Or those who can't get the vaccine?
I have friends and family who are immunocompromised and couldn't get the vaccine if they wanted to, they're relying on those of us who do have a good immune system to get the vaccine for the heard immunity.

In trying to wave about your alpha, ultra-male e-peen, all you really did was show that you have no idea how your 'good immune system' works at all...

Moron.
Old 17-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #9770
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I will get the vaccine mainly because I work around lots of children.

And I want to travel as soon as borders open. It seems I'll need proof of vaccination to do that so either way I'm getting it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #9771
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
One would like to think there may be a choice,although it does appear that the complication rates are pretty much the same with the different companies
Old 17-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #9772
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
And what about those whose immune systems can't handle it?
Then get it, like the flu shot. I'm all for pro-choice.

If you're obese, the only time you should be wearing a mask is when you walk past the fridge.

And all the toilet paper these land whales hoarded, that's the *&*&^%^ problem right there. They eat that much food they need 6 dumps per day. You really think they will die of a covid-related-ailment as opposed to an obesity-related? lol, get off the gear.

Get your gut right, it will get your head right, then you're immune system will be running on all cylinders (among other things).

Crap food/drink ruins all your organs, including your brain. I bet most GP's/shrinks won't tell you that.
Old 17-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #9773
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hunt calls for calm as Victorian GPs join vaccine rollout

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...17-p57bd5.html

Well it looks like the majority won't need to worry about being at the front of the queue. Seems to be a bit of tit for tat on who is repsonsible for what, allocated vs delivered vs administered.

Reading the comments, it seems GPs have not yet received the jabs in their hands to be able to administer. They are taking names but can't give dates.

Could be a blessing in disguise.
Old 17-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #9774
Metdevil

Quote:
Then get it, like the flu shot. I'm all for pro-choice.
Again, showing what you know. People with weak immune systems often can't get it... At least try to read the whole comment before replying...

Quote:
If you're obese, the only time you should be wearing a mask is when you walk past the fridge.

And all the toilet paper these land whales hoarded, that's the *&*&^%^ problem right there. They eat that much food they need 6 dumps per day. You really think they will die of a covid-related-ailment as opposed to an obesity-related? lol, get off the gear.

Get your gut right, it will get your head right, then you're immune system will be running on all cylinders (among other things).

Crap food/drink ruins all your organs, including your brain. I bet most GP's/shrinks won't tell you that.
What the hell are you on about?
Old 17-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #9775
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
What the hell are you on about?
If you can work it out please let the rest of know!
Old 17-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #9776
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
If you can work it out please let the rest of know!
https://peteevans.com/about/

3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #9777
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 16th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

11 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.120%.

2 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.069% and active cases 95.

The UK had a higher 5,294 cases yesterday and 110 deaths - the end of the consecutive days under 5k cases.

Just over 47k new cases in the USA yesterday and 891 deaths sees CMR up to 1.819% - that's the third consecutive day under 50k cases. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 121M, the last 1M in 3 days;
South America passes 500k deaths;
PNG has recorded three consecutive days of record case highs.

Cambodia (105);
Norway (1,150); and
Iraq (5,414)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Romania and Guatemala move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #9778
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Surprised you haven't already been offered it, seeing how important you are.
Old 17-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #9779
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Ah yes, because women are weak and any man demonstrating perceived weakness is no longer a man. #thisiswhattoxicmasculinitylookslike

If you hate blokey blokes then what in the hell are you doing on a petrol head forum?
Old 17-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #9780
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry Gaso, was trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

On a serious note, I think it would be nice to see some stats comapring tried and true vaccines (flu?) with CV19.

For example, if you tell me a flu jab usually results in 1% severe reactions and AZ is so far giving 0.001% severe reaction, then I think people would be less concerned. THe way I see it, all those European countries putting a temporary halt aren't exactly backyard bob type operations.

Couple of things worth remembering:
a) there has never been a vaccine for corona viruses in the history of mankind. We now have a few in less than 12 months, some with efficacy of 90%+. It really is a "miracle".
b) TGA approval is not fool proof. Read up on Pandemrix, the vaccine for H1N1. Also approved by TGA, but not sure if it ever got administered here. Huge compensation payout in the UK.
Closed Thread