Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
EA30TH

Default New to Brisbane Help With Good Value Tyre Place

I've tried with no success. having lived in melbourne and Sydney I found it reasonably easy to find a tyre retailer willing to source the right tyres for a fair price. I found that competition in the area via parallel imports (e.g. tempe Tyres???) meant that margins could be fairly set. Looking on the net it is easy to find Goodyear Forteras for a territory at $285-325 but in BNE best I can get the tyre places to is something starting with a 4 even with those buy four for price of 3 pseudo deals! Similarly, my second choice being a Yokohama they are all stuck fast at around $330 - for a H/T-S when I paid less than that for Advan ST in same size in Sydney.

Anyone tell me of a good place in Brisbane that can source Forteras or H/T-S for fair coin?

EA30TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to Brisbane Help With Good Value Tyre Place

been a while since I've used them, but I found these guys used to be the closest to ebay prices (which I use as a price discovery tool as they show you what they must be paying + a couple of %)

http://www.brisbanemobiletyres.com.au/

Like I said, dunno what they're like now, but a phonecall is cheap.........
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Always either used Colemans at Geebung (moved now) or Tyre Power at Albion, Mick down there is a legend (only works weekends and that's the only time I go!).
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6
Always either used Colemans at Geebung (moved now) or Tyre Power at Albion, Mick down there is a legend (only works weekends and that's the only time I go!).
Agreed on colemans, they are now in Moss st Springwood
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I used a place in Brendale called Motor Cycle Tyre Warehouse and they were brilliant. They are in the shed behind Power Torque.
I found them on Ebay and called them on the of chance they could get a tyre that they did not have advertised and I was having it fitted the next day. They even hung around for an hour after work as I was running late. When I called to reschedule earlier in the day they just told me to come down when ever I was done. Its run by a husband and wife team, so they actually care about clients. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/275-30-20...item231e183fb4 A link to one of their current ebay sales.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
AU Mont
Banned

Autotec Tyres & Wheels

6/ 44 Baldock St, Moorooka QLD 4105, Australia
Phone number(07) 3392 7211
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA30TH
I've tried with no success. having lived in melbourne and Sydney I found it reasonably easy to find a tyre retailer willing to source the right tyres for a fair price. I found that competition in the area via parallel imports (e.g. tempe Tyres???) meant that margins could be fairly set. Looking on the net it is easy to find Goodyear Forteras for a territory at $285-325 but in BNE best I can get the tyre places to is something starting with a 4 even with those buy four for price of 3 pseudo deals! Similarly, my second choice being a Yokohama they are all stuck fast at around $330 - for a H/T-S when I paid less than that for Advan ST in same size in Sydney.

Anyone tell me of a good place in Brisbane that can source Forteras or H/T-S for fair coin?
Ebay them from overseas , even with fitting it's way cheaper , I needed some huge 18" rubber for the pickup and saved 30% by importing although it did take a couple of weeks
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
xc302wagon
Starter Motor

August last year got Goodyear Forteras 235/55 R18 104V (made in China) for $310 each fitted - Tyres and More, Webster Rd, Stafford, QLD
xc302wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Where abouts in brisbane are you mate, it might be smaller than sydney, but if you're in forest lake i'm not going to be suggesting a rothwell mob to you now am i
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
EA30TH

Slow to respond - I am at Toowong area but happy to run around for good service and price.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
superfly
Go the Hogster!

http://www.option1garage.com.au/

They are in Hamilton.

I bought 2 sets of KU31's for my WRX's and in 215/45/17 they were only $100 a corner. Not sure on their prices now but when I need tyres for my XR50, they'll be the first place I call.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
EA30TH

All good but I got down to two preferred tyres as I want to still be able to do some gravel/sand, Fortera and Yokohama G051. Not one retailer got below $430 for the Goodyear, and $330 for the Yoko. Of the listed guys in this thread unfortunately most use other brands which either have just 100 load rating, and/or are highway tread only.

Ridiculous prices rule vs $285-325 for Goodyear down south and even less for the Yoko.

I think there needs to be some competition in the sunny state...
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
EA30TH

No luck. Shipped Forteras up from Melbourne. How is it that a reputable national branded store in melbourne can sell tyres at $285 yet in brisbane they swear they can't do better than $430. Ridiculous.