Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
prasac
Banned

Default PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

i know it's been mentioned but i thought it deserved it's own thread. Pazzo has come out and blitzed the Modified Street Blown record over the weekend by almost 2/10ths of a second and becoming the fastest and first MSB car to run a 200mph pass running a 7.19@201mph, and it looks like it's still got a bit more left in it.

this is done on a factory style suspension. well done to Pazzo, Con & Vic from CV Performance, Craig Burns and everyone else involved.

a few video's of the run's over the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aXE1QGL4vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4pJIdcT8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-9vSPp6s8

prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up Re: PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

Sweet now we just need to get mine in the 6's............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................f'ckn LOL
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
prasac
Banned

Default Re: PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Sweet now we just need to get mine in the 6's............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................f'ckn LOL
give Con and Burnsy a call that combination you're sure to run a 6 funnily a good majority of turbo cars running 6's in Oz are from CV. Campo fastest turbo car in Oz, Stever Petrovski's ute, Mr Mad. and Burnsy well his cars speak for themselves, Zappia, Pazzo and Campo.
Old 16-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
TICK4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

Not to forget Mardo, or the "Cheif". And T&M's Capri who get help from Burnsy also, he is the guru !!
TICK4D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
prasac
Banned

he has a few more beasts coming out. can't wait till Pazzo drops the big block in and gives it a go
Old 17-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
GEE-347
CRUzn

Was also up @ WSID over the weekend and seen this beast in action!!! i must say what a weapon

Special Thanks to
Brett & Zoran @ BnZ Automotive & Dyno
(347ci Windsor) 440bhp pump fuel

363ci Windsor in the Build
GEE-347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool Re: PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

Any info on that light blue cortina Paullie ??

It appears like everything is under the bonnet and it must have been doing 1.2 60ft's / 7sec passes as well ??

NO wheely bars ????????
Old 17-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Any info on that light blue cortina Paullie ??

It appears like everything is under the bonnet and it must have been doing 1.2 60ft's / 7sec passes as well ??

NO wheely bars ????????
that is Joe Gauci's Cortina, he owns ProFab Fabrications in Wollongong i think it is. that is probably the most consistent car of the day it ran 7.3's-7.4's all day long. it's a Dart blocked 370ci Windsor, twin 70mm Precision turbo's. everything is under the bonnet. Joe usually 60's in the 1.30's, it does have wheelie bars it's just a shorty doesn't come out much farther than the spoiler and sits reasonably high. here is a video of his runs from the weekend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwFXPI-Pi9E
Old 17-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I can't get over the way these things are lifting both wheels at past mid track, some very gutsy driving.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy
I can't get over the way these things are lifting both wheels at past mid track, some very gutsy driving.
the cars in this class can only run 29'' high and 11.5'' wide (285mm some people run bigger on their street cars ) tyre and running a factory style suspension.
Old 17-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
Road Games

Cheers for that mate ... glad i've stopped wasting money on mine now ..

Sporty Corty is the way to go
Old 17-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Cheers for that mate ... glad i've stopped wasting money on mine now ..

Sporty Corty is the way to go
Corty with a nice modular 1200kg from the factory, so u could go up to 4.8L capacity, so an all alloy 4.6 would go in nice, 2 70mm turbo's, plenty of boost and you should be able to run mid 7's, register it, drive it on the road and sit in the Top 10 APSA Mod Street Blown be careful with the 90/10 shocks though you might flip the car going around corners

we are thinking go a Cortina also. wider, bigger wheelbase. they seem to be a better base car to start with than a Capri.
Old 17-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
Road Games

Cool Re: PAZZO blows away the Mod Street Blown record with his CV Performance/SCF Cortina

Well i already half own / share an 11 sec Typhoon so i may as well give you my TE Corty so you fit your engine and i can say i share ownership of a 7 sec car LOL
Old 17-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
63futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
Corty with a nice modular 1200kg from the factory, so u could go up to 4.8L capacity, so an all alloy 4.6 would go in nice, 2 70mm turbo's, plenty of boost and you should be able to run mid 7's, register it, drive it on the road and sit in the Top 10 APSA Mod Street Blown be careful with the 90/10 shocks though you might flip the car going around corners

we are thinking go a Cortina also. wider, bigger wheelbase. they seem to be a better base car to start with than a Capri.
Is there a reason why everyone seems to using the older cortinas rather than the TE ?
63futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Well i already half own / share an 11 sec Typhoon so i may as well give you my TE Corty so you fit your engine and i can say i share ownership of a 7 sec car LOL
send it down i have a mate with a TC i was trying to convince him on Sunday night to use his he runs 10.9's and doesn't really want to put a cage in it as he uses the back seat all the time, soon as u put a taxi bar it's classified a 2-seater.

63futura not sure, pretty sure they run the same *** end as the TC/TD might be a look thing.
Old 17-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63futura
Is there a reason why everyone seems to using the older cortinas rather than the TE ?
The engine bay is alot bigger (wider) in the older TC/TD then the TE plus the cross member of the TE is welded to the body. The TC's seem to be a little light in body weight as well..

I have looked into this many times before..
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura
The engine bay is alot bigger (wider) in the older TC/TD then the TE plus the cross member of the TE is welded to the body. The TC's seem to be a little light in body weight as well..

I have looked into this many times before..
gr8 stuff, now we know the difference. time to look for some TC/TD's
Old 17-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have recently sold my TE cortina which was in storage for over 8 years..which was a very sad day for me..Had some big dreams for it but only if I could fit a new coyote 5L engine, I would have kept it..
Old 17-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Awesome work!

Hell of a job steering it when the wheels don't touch the ground.
Old 18-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
prasac
Banned

Quote:
I have recently sold my TE cortina which was in storage for over 8 years..which was a very sad day for me..Had some big dreams for it but only if I could fit a new coyote 5L engine, I would have kept it..
Coyote in a Cortina would have been
Old 18-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #21
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
Coyote in a Cortina would have been
But a Coyote should fit in a TC/TD Cortina

Now thats something I would like to see..
Old 18-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #22
prasac
Banned

Quote:
But a Coyote should fit in a TC/TD Cortina

Now thats something I would like to see..
not sure in a Cortina, but, im pretty sure there will be one in a Capri by year's end
Old 18-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I spent the best part of a day at Pick and Pay Less wreckers measuring every ford engine bay a could find a few years ago..and the capri was the biggest.

Thats one of the reasons why the capri is such a popular street/strip car
Old 18-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #24
prasac
Banned

Quote:
I spent the best part of a day at Pick and Pay Less wreckers measuring every ford engine bay a could find a few years ago..and the capri was the biggest.

Thats one of the reasons why the capri is such a popular street/strip car
plus they look
Old 19-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #25
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The TC/TD's engine bay is actually more or less same size as the TE/TF. The only real difference is that the TC/D chassis rail comes into the bay higher than the later ones so it is easier to drop pipes out from the heads between the the rails.
Old 19-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #26
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with you that the chassis rails in the TC/TD come into the engine bay higher the a TE/TF, but the main difference is the distance between the chasis rails. The Distance between the chassis rails on the TC/TD is alot wider than the TE/TF cortina's. Look at the pictures below. Using the brake booster as a reference, anyone can clearly see the difference.

Last edited by futura; 09-02-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 19-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaking about engine bays and getting back on the topic, has anyone got any pictures of Pazzo's cortina engine bay?
Old 19-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #28
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey paul is this cortina one of your mates????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zef9eI7mVg

Is this the same cortina in this video???
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
Road Games

That video was uploaded in someone elses thread as well .. we must be able to upload funny videos with the F word wherever we like now ?
Old 19-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #30
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Speaking about engine bays and getting back on the topic, has anyone got any pictures of Pazzo's cortina engine bay?
i have some somewhere. i took a few photo's one test n tune day when it first went out.

revd_up great video, brings memories of the Powerchip one back to me