Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Harold Scruby's Nightmare is Coming !! The Hummer !!!

Holden will sell the Hummer in Australia from mid-next year. Scruby will be pleased !!!
http://www.holdencampaign.com.au/hummer/index.jsp

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There used to be a Hummer dealer down the road from me, had them all over the footpath. Useless vehicle with the engine between the front seats, those ones. Perfect for rednecks to re-live operation desert storm.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Perfect for rednecks to re-live operation desert storm.
Hehehe love that. I know big willy has one.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry who is "big Willy" ? and how do you know that he "HAS ONE"?!!! Have you seen it? Ha ha ha.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
Simmo
White Lightning

bill clinton i think you'll find.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Firstly: its a five cylinda
secondly: for the money you can get a terri turbo with 65 more kilowatts
thirdly: how can holden pass as aussie if they get engines and cars from over seas.
lastly: whos harold scrubby?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
Firstly: its a five cylinda
secondly: for the money you can get a terri turbo with 65 more kilowatts
thirdly: how can holden pass as aussie if they get engines and cars from over seas.
lastly: whos harold scrubby?
Firstly Ford Fiesta, Ranger, Focus, Explorer, F-series, Escape, Transit... I am sure none of those cars are Australian built, and the 5.4L V8 is made in Canada.

Secondly, who cares where cars are built as long as they are good quality. - can't say just yet, hope the H3 is, i have only sat inside it.

Thirdly the H3 will hopefully have a decent diesel powerplant when it gets released (which is what a 4 wheel drive needs), and it will also have a Vortec 5.3L V8 petrol engine.

Fourthly, GM is not branding a Hummer as a Holden, just the Hummer brand going global

and lastly, I don't know who that Harold guy is either - i missed that one - ok just Googled it, the Chairman of the Pedestrian Council. Gotta love the car magazine humour - always finds it's way into these forums (I am not talking about Top Gear either)
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Harold Scruby is the guy who would have us all on bicycles, if he could !!!! How he got to be President of the Pedestrian Council, dunno. !!! Sounds like another govt quango.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Firstly Ford Fiesta, Ranger, Focus, Explorer, F-series, Escape, Transit... I am sure none of those cars are Australian built, and the 5.4L V8 is made in Canada.

Secondly, who cares where cars are built as long as they are good quality. - can't say just yet, hope the H3 is, i have only sat inside it.

Thirdly the H3 will hopefully have a decent diesel powerplant when it gets released (which is what a 4 wheel drive needs), and it will also have a Vortec 5.3L V8 petrol engine.

Fourthly, GM is not branding a Hummer as a Holden, just the Hummer brand going global

and lastly, I don't know who that Harold guy is either - i missed that one - ok just Googled it, the Chairman of the Pedestrian Council. Gotta love the car magazine humour - always finds it's way into these forums (I am not talking about Top Gear either)

yeh you make good points. i was under the impression it will be called holden h3 hummer? i dont really care if the engine or the car is built in oz or over seas but holden claim to be so aussie but they probably are one of the least likely comapnies to able to claim that. ford dont claim it but if they did they can lay claim to the fact that they hand build the bara and boss engines right here and are not just another crate motor. this 5.4 from canada is it the same engine as the boss 5.4? because ive always seen it being built here.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #10
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Harold Scruby is the guy who would have us all on bicycles, if he could !!!! How he got to be President of the Pedestrian Council, dunno. !!! Sounds like another govt quango.
so is he fictional or non fictional?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
BlackLS

Quote:
There used to be a Hummer dealer down the road from me, had them all over the footpath. Useless vehicle with the engine between the front seats, those ones. Perfect for rednecks to re-live operation desert storm.
The Hummer H3 aren't really a redneck car, its more flashy. There shorter than a Ford Territory even with the spare wheel on the back.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Harold Scruby is the self appointed of the Pedestrian Council that he set up. He is a rabid car hating nut, who would prefer we all walked in bare feet. Even then he would consider running to be "speeding" and putting innocent lives in danger. If you love driving and would like to continue to enjoy our lifestyle, it would be wise to know thy enemy, and its face is Harold.
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #13
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
bill clinton i think you'll find.

The Governator has one too!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #14
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
Harold Scruby is the self appointed of the Pedestrian Council that he set up. He is a rabid car hating nut, who would prefer we all walked in bare feet. Even then he would consider running to be "speeding" and putting innocent lives in danger. If you love driving and would like to continue to enjoy our lifestyle, it would be wise to know thy enemy, and its face is Harold.
Ha ha, plenty of bogans out my way walk around barefoot and on the road as well, must be Scruby followers. I can't see why they walk on the road when there is a footpath?? I have nicknamed the space between the white line along the road and the gutter as the "bogan footpath". They always wear black clothing as well so they can't be seen at night, but not to worry, the public hospitals are there to fix them up if they get hit.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #15
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
so is he fictional or non fictional?
He is alive and well. Constantly trying to find ways to have us all catch a bus where ever we go. He is the true fun policeman. Though if he ever comes to the NT I think that he will need a police gaurd.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #16
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do not object to catching a bus or train to work, so long as it is regular, reliable, cost effective and tax-decuctible. You can salary package a car but can't claim ticket expenses so why would you bother. Sydney is just a disgrace with more and more people jamming up the roads. Who wants to sit in a line of traffic for two hours a day. There should be means in place for people to work near where they live, say for example the education department. A teacher may travel for over an hour to get to work when there are 50 schools within 10 minutes of where they live. And the lot who drive from the Cental Coast each day, what a waste of resources, time, fuel money etc.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Sorry who is "big Willy" ? and how do you know that he "HAS ONE"?!!! Have you seen it? Ha ha ha.
For our AFL folk: Big Willy as in Mr Mason.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #18
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the train system is a joke. i got fined 50 bucks because i bought a concession ticket. i just finished school i have no money, i was out getting a job, im not legally an adult so why should i pay as an adult ticket. they can take 50 buks off a kid with no money but they give junkies housing and money to blow. ive never claimed centerlink i just finished school and i was out getting a job. if i couldnt afford the extra dollar for an adult ticket what make them think a fine 50 bucks can be paid. atleast i bought a ticket and im out trying. this society rewards the bludgers and punishes the little guy
Old 08-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #19
gozza

guilty until proven guilty
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #20
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
yeh you make good points. i was under the impression it will be called holden h3 hummer? i dont really care if the engine or the car is built in oz or over seas but holden claim to be so aussie but they probably are one of the least likely comapnies to able to claim that. ford dont claim it but if they did they can lay claim to the fact that they hand build the bara and boss engines right here and are not just another crate motor. this 5.4 from canada is it the same engine as the boss 5.4? because ive always seen it being built here.
The 3V engine is out of the F series trucks. I would think that the boss block is the same just the 4V twin cam heads are aussie built. Not sure if they are an aussie design or a US performance design, aussie I think.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #21
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

The H3 is so very, very disappointing.

Saw an H2 on bartels rd in Adelaide yesterday (first leg of the main straight at clipsal 500... before the big sweeping bend) and THAT thing has a presence on the road. Makes you look.

The only look i'll be giving the H3 is the same look i give to all the idiots who drive 4x4's in the city.

PS.. Harold Scruby was also one of the key voices in the push for Australia to become a republic and also very vocal that the union jack should be removed from the flag.

Seems he likes to spend all of his time fixing things that aint broken....
Old 08-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #22
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
“Harold Scruby is the guy who would have us all on bicycles, if he could !!!! How he got to be President of the Pedestrian Council, dunno. !!! Sounds like another govt quango.”

Harold Scruby become president of the pedestrian counsel, cause the pedestrian counsel consists of just Harold and his Fax machine LOL.

4Wders hate Harold Scruby, more than probably another group and I am not talking about Mum who drop’s the kid’s off at school in the new Landcruiser every day who wouldn’t even know what the second gearstick is for, I mean Real 4Wders who own one cause they use it.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #23
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4.9 EF Futura

Why can’t I drive my 4WD in the city, it a free Country isn’t it?

What if I only have a 4WD why should I be forbidden to drive in the city with it, why should I need to own 2 cars just so I can drive in the city? Maybe we should just ban anything from entering the city bigger than a smart car.

Why is it acceptable to drive your V8 falcon around the city but it isn’t acceptable for me to drive my 4WD in there?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
I do not object to catching a bus or train to work, so long as it is regular, reliable, cost effective and tax-decuctible.
i dont know about tax deductible, but that is exactly what public transport in Sydney ISN'T.

it would cost me more time and money to catch public transport than to drive to university. that and it is rarely on time etc etc...
Old 08-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
4.9 EF Futura

Why can’t I drive my 4WD in the city, it a free Country isn’t it?

What if I only have a 4WD why should I be forbidden to drive in the city with it, why should I need to own 2 cars just so I can drive in the city? Maybe we should just ban anything from entering the city bigger than a smart car.

Why is it acceptable to drive your V8 falcon around the city but it isn’t acceptable for me to drive my 4WD in there?
please can we not start that argument AGAIN.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #26
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X

Hey mate.

Actually i drive a 2L celica around town :sm_headba

Im not suggesting you should be forbidden from driving a 4x4 drive in the city. Of course you have the right to.

It's just completely selfish.

They make it IMPOSSIBLE for other drivers to see what is going on to the left, right, in front or behind them. Trying to turn right when there's a 4x4 blocking your view of oncoming traffic... is just fantastic!!

Some mornings i'll have patrols/land cruisers/whatevers behind me, in front of me and on either side of me. My ability to judge whats occuring on the road is completely restricted to reacting to the 4x4s that surround me.

We're constantly preaching the merits of more attentive driving - look a few cars ahead of you in traffic - well, quite a difficult task when you cant actually see for the 2 tonnes of solid metal in front of you.

Falcons? Its a sedan. You can see through their windows - and actually have a sense of what is occuring more than 2 metres away from you.

Yes, yes - I know, you need the room for your legs, the kids, like to tow stuff etc etc etc etc etc. I couldnt possibly ask someone to sacrifice their comfort for the safety of other drivers... could i?

Still cant figure out why 90% of the things i see on my daily commute to work have no one in them but the driver.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #27
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I see lots people complaining about 4X4's in city traffic. But never complain about those delivery vans, you know nissan c20's and hiliux thingies.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #28
Kryton

am i the only one that is going to mention how HAROLD SCRUBY RAN OVER SOMEONE?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #29
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
am i the only one that is going to mention how HAROLD SCRUBY RAN OVER SOMEONE?
i thought he doesnt drive lol ?
Old 08-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #30
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“Yes, yes - I know, you need the room for your legs, the kids, like to tow stuff etc etc etc etc etc. I couldn’t possibly ask someone to sacrifice their comfort for the safety of other drivers... could i?”

Well I don’t have kids, a Falcon has plenty of room for my legs more than my 4WD (I am 6Ft3) and I hardly tow, I own a 4WD because I use it for 4Wding and to get to locations and see things on holidays that a 2WD or Soft Roader will not get too.

I hardly drive mine in the city, as I hate the city traffic at the best of times I will use the falcon if I need to go into the city in peak hour.

But not everybody has this luxury, and yes I am aware that 70% of 4WD’s sold probably never see a gravel road let alone get Put into 4WD, why you would buy one just to drive around the city with, I don’t know, and I agree with you there, but that’s the owners choice, it’s a free country. Just remember that some of the 4WD’s around the owner has it cause they use it, for transport, Towing, It’s there Hobby and for 4WD Holidays. And the reason they are driving it is because they can’t afford to own insure and register 2 cars.

As far as I am concerned cars like territories, Adventurers, Escape’s, Kluger’s and so on are worse as they have less of a prepose and still cause the same issues you rase as a 4WD does, I could take a RTV Falcon Ute the same places as a Territory could go.