Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Generic tune....

I wanna get a flash tuner for my car, i just need a generic tune for my AU XR8, iv got Custom CAI, 4-1 pacmakers, twin 2 1/2.... Hopefully getting ballistic cats....

Who have the best "generic tunes" that i can get? I live in WA although i dont mind buying the flash tuner from interstate...

Also, how do u upload tunes properly? On my mates 6 turbs, he takes out some fuses and stuff first and than plugs in the tuner.... Is this the correct way?

Thanks in advance!

redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
dreadly
Banned

contact chris at bluepower racing developments in melbourne, He'll sort ya out.
Instructions come with the box lol
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Micksxboxmods
BF FPV GT-P Goodness.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redauxr8
I wanna get a flash tuner for my car, i just need a generic tune for my AU XR8, iv got Custom CAI, 4-1 pacmakers, twin 2 1/2.... Hopefully getting ballistic cats....

Who have the best "generic tunes" that i can get? I live in WA although i dont mind buying the flash tuner from interstate...

Also, how do u upload tunes properly? On my mates 6 turbs, he takes out some fuses and stuff first and than plugs in the tuner.... Is this the correct way?

Thanks in advance!
mate the best advise I can offer you on generic tunes is, don't settle at a generic tune! The extra gains in driveability, torque and power are too sigificant not to do a custom tune. With all your mods you will see a far better improvement with a custom tune.

If cost is the driver, save up another $400 or so and get it done on the dyno. I'm sure ALL of the tuning shops will agree.

Pretty easy to upload as it prompts you, no real need for taking fuses out as far as I'm concerned(just as long as you only start it when told to)

Cheers
Mick
Micksxboxmods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh beleive me i know custom tuning is the shiz nit, however the nearest dyno is 2000kms away from me or 900kms overstate.... So its hard for me to get em custom tuned you see lol!

I plan on doing a road trip with a few friends of mine at the end of the year of early next to get some work done....

So generic and basic bolt ons will have to do till then....
redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
shazaam

I'm getting a Xcal 3 with three generic tunes as we speak from KPM Motorsport as they have a sale on. Have a look at the sponsor section.
shazaam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redauxr8

Thanks in advance!
Not sure which part of W.A your in but Talk to Barry at BPT.I started of with simular to your set up and got good figures.the old flash tuners are going cheap or go the sniper.I've still got the old tuner and alls fine.

All you have to do is after the tune is loaded into the box take it to your car plug it into the slot near the fuse box follow the instructions and 1 minute later its all done.
Old 13-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 FTR 5
Not sure which part of W.A your in but Talk to Barry at BPT.I started of with simular to your set up and got good figures.the old flash tuners are going cheap or go the sniper.I've still got the old tuner and alls fine.

All you have to do is after the tune is loaded into the box take it to your car plug it into the slot near the fuse box follow the instructions and 1 minute later its all done.
Barry can load the tune to suit what mods you have had done to the car.