Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
naroomablue

Default "Brain-dead" drivers, the stupidity...it hurts!

Apologies, probably been done to death.......but,

Was travelling south along Tonkin Hwy, W.A yesterday (90/100 K posted limits) when suddenly, the cars in the far right lane started to brake heavily and come to a complete stop, a group of about 40/50 cars,including myself, in the middle and left lanes, also slowed considerably, as we passed I assumed the stationary car at the front had broken down, but no! this "idiot" had missed the left exit ramp, stopped, waited for the cars in left lanes to pass, then proceeded to do a 90 degree turn across 2 lanes, a 20/30 metre painted medium strip and exited off the Highway!!

IMO, these driver's should be dragged off the road and have the absolute book thrown at them...like I said the stupidity..it hurts
naroomablue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Default Re: "Brain-dead" drivers, the stupidity...it hurts!

Daily occurrence mate.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Planet is full of brain dead humans. Even animals are better at getting around than us. Can't recall the last time I seen a bird have a crash, or a two horses have a head on collision. Wonder how a horse would perform if it we found a way to wire it up to a machine as a navigator.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Can't recall the last time I seen a bird have a crash,
Seen a few in my time hitting my windscreen.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #5
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Seen a few in my time hitting my windscreen.
I've had a few collide with the windows are the rear of my house.

That mirror effect really does knock them for a six.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I get caught behind some idiot like this I stand on the horn until they move.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
If I get caught behind some idiot like this I stand on the horn until they move.
Don't even start me. I live in a suburb with a train station not far from my house, pedestrians on their phones jump out quicker then the trees on a 12 hour drive. The people who pick then up are even more frantic. Its beyond me but airbags don't work when on foot...
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naroomablue View Post

Was travelling south along Tonkin Hwy, W.A yesterday (90/100 K posted limits) when suddenly, the cars in the far right lane started to brake heavily and come to a complete stop, a group of about 40/50 cars,including myself, in the middle and left lanes, also slowed considerably, as we passed I assumed the stationary car at the front had broken down, but no! this "idiot" had missed the left exit ramp, stopped, waited for the cars in left lanes to pass, then proceeded to do a 90 degree turn across 2 lanes, a 20/30 metre painted medium strip and exited off the Highway!!

IMO, these driver's should be dragged off the road and have the absolute book thrown at them...like I said the stupidity..it hurts
It's the ever expanding self indulgence spreading throughout society like a cancer where people only care about themselves and have no courtesy for others. Selfies comes to mind. How many times do you see some empty head take up two car parking spaces on a road where parking is very limited?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
Nanoraptor
Futura

I'll never forget the time my dad drove us to Sydney, and he was coming up to a turnoff.

Doing 110 in a 110 zone in the middle lane, he slowed down to 60 to do the lane change, because it was 'safer'.
Nanoraptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #10
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

the sat nav obviously didn't give them enough notification for the off ramp , cant disobey the sat nav its god

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
the sat nav obviously didn't give them enough notification for the off ramp , cant disobey the sat nav its god
Or it's the wife giving orders.

I seen some ***** in a 4X4 on the highway just north of Brisbane going down that big stupid gully we have between the highway and then up onto the highway, we were waiting for road works and I seen him do this 3 times and nearly get wiped out by cars coming down the highway.
I took off my seat belt and said right I am going to bash this bloke and toss his keys away, but my wife spun right out and the traffic just started to move so I drove off.
It's a wonder he was not killed or he did not kill others the stupidity he was doing was just total madness, what a moron he could not see cars coming for the trees and they could not see him till the moron popped out on to the road.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #12
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"do a U turn where possible"
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #13
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
To be fair, if it's the new Airport Drive / Leach Highway off ramp, the sat nav probably hasn't been updated yet.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #14
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
To be fair, if it's the new Airport Drive / Leach Highway off ramp, the sat nav probably hasn't been updated yet.
to be fair comment was a tongue in cheek that people rely on the sat navs too much no matter where they are , instead of the traffic around them , sat nav cant see what motorist can and if they want to rely on them so much they should go and buy an auto pilot self drive car
oh that's right
Fatal Tesla crash on autopilot sparks US investigation
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11453437
maybe they need just to be more aware of the other traffic around them instead of making idiotic manoeuvres

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 18-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I have a lot of stories. This one will do. Travelling at 100km/hr, fully loaded fuel tanker. 50 tonne gross. Insert car. Pulls out infront. Within 50 meters of me travelling at 100. So many times people have just missed getting run over. Day in the life of a professional driver. Can't let it get to you.
7 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #16
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
I have a lot of stories. This one will do. Travelling at 100km/hr, fully loaded fuel tanker. 50 tonne gross. Insert car. Pulls out infront. Within 50 meters of me travelling at 100. So many times people have just missed getting run over. Day in the life of a professional driver. Can't let it get to you.
Yeah I know how you feel, I also have trucks pulling out in front of me & this ****** me off knowing they know I must hit the brakes otherwise I come off second best.

Day in the life of a car driver.

Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 05:59 AM   #17
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Yeah I know how you feel, I also have trucks pulling out in front of me & this ****** me off knowing they know I must hit the brakes otherwise I come off second best.

Day in the life of a car driver.

Cheers.
Cool story bro. I hope your day wasn't impeded. Heaven forbid you had to lift off the accelerator. My story involved only just being able to stop a fully loaded truck. Moral of the story is. When driving be prepared for other drivers to do very unsuspected actions. I do digress though. I have been cut off by trucks also.

Last edited by blackf6; 19-07-2016 at 06:04 AM.
8 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #18
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep killed a ef falcon today
the driver thought even tho I was indicating left and turning left in to a side street with the truck and machinery float he'd try and over take me on my left came to a screeching holt with a bang but didn't fell anything so assumed he had run in to some one behind me until I got around the corner and saw him

Old 18-07-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yep killed a ef falcon today
the driver thought even tho I was indicating left and turning left in to a side street with the truck and machinery float he'd try and over take me on my left came to a screeching holt with a bang but didn't fell anything so assumed he had run in to some one behind me until I got around the corner and saw him
Reminds me of a sticker I used to see on the back of semis in the 80s...

<<<< Suicide........................................Passing Side >>>>>
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #20
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No one gives a **** about anyone else on the road. No one can miss their turn and do a uturn in a safe spot or take another turn, they must make their turn and screw everyone else around them.

Many times I have seen this sort of stuff but the one that annoyed me the most was when the car in front of me jammed on their brakes (full emergency stop) at a green light. I first thought that something had happened in front of him, so I came to a stop close behind them to give the car behind me as much stopping room as possible. After stopping the car ahead turned on their right indicator and sat stopped at a green light in a straight ahead only lane for the full light cycle so they could illegally turn right from the wrong lane.
I beeped multiple times and he just looked in his mirror and completely ignored me.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #21
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Haha Tonkin hwy, i must endure it every day. The list of stupid crap that i see is endless.
Havent been to a city so full of useless drivers like this before.

If you think its bad, just add rain, when it eventually does happen.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 01:13 AM   #22
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On a side note, I was watching some of those dashcam videos. I reckon around half of the incidences could have been avoided if the drivers weren't so aggressive and actually drove a bit more defensively and slowed down a poofteenth. Yeah sometimes **** happens but when I am passing a line of stopped cars waiting to turn I don't go driving past them at the speed limit, I slow down a bit in case someone pulls out in front of me. 3 times so far I have braked hard and been able to avoid collisions in similar situations, I'm sure if I was driving at the speed limit I would have cleaned them up.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #23
The Snout

If I miss a offramp then I miss an offramp and go off at the next one and figure it out. If I can't make a ramp without swerving across lanes and traffic then too bad. 5 minutes delay on a journey is better than waiting for the tow truck or worse.

Totally opposite of the wife who has no clue and thinks nothing of going across lanes. And do I let her know it.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sad thing (I presume) they were not speeding, so according to the law, they are a safe driver - but look out if you go 3 k's over.

This is what I find frustrating, a girl did something similar on the Monash this morning kept slowing up, til she was travelling at 50k's in the right hand lane, before diving to the left and turning off. We have plenty of campaigns against speed, but nothing on road etiquette

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #25
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076 View Post
Sad thing (I presume) they were not speeding, so according to the law, they are a safe driver - but look out if you go 3 k's over.

This is what I find frustrating, a girl did something similar on the Monash this morning kept slowing up, til she was travelling at 50k's in the right hand lane, before diving to the left and turning off. We have plenty of campaigns against speed, but nothing on road etiquette
The powers that be are not that bright and the other thing is there is no money in it for them to do with road etiquette.

Speed kills every K over is a killer sure but there is much more to it all.

If they could not get any revenue from the road rules, what would or could they do to get a safety message across.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #26
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Not as bad as this selfish twat: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/dr...19-gq8pbj.html
Old 19-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #27
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
1) I just can't understand why he would do that (alcohol is the excuse I guess).
2) How on Earth did he only get changed with DUI? Dangerous driving/driving recklessly should have both been added.
3) What a W anchor.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #28
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drove from Brisbane to Queanbeyan and back over the weekend (okay, it was a 4 day weekend).

I had to wonder why the most people speeding were in 4wds (Landcruisers, Hiluxes and Rangers for the most part) and small hatchbacks (i20s, mazda 2s, etc).

While we're getting ad campaigns telling us to give trucks room, perhaps they also shouldn't tailgate people on the highway? (80km/hr through roadworks, and was pretty much just the one driver. Finally left him behind when the speed limit got up to 110)

Why do people do 100 in an 80 zone and 80 in a 100 zone?

But my all time favourite was the guy who hit the brakes at 110 to give way to a car merging onto the highway.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #29
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the one that always annoys the crap out of me is when you doing the speed limit and you are the only one there then a short while later you spot some thing in the mirror next they are over taking whilst your still doing the speed limit only to pull in front of you and slow down to less than the speed limit seeing they've gotten past you

9 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #30
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I am about to shove a ford right up the backside of the fecker who thinks that everyone else getting in line to turn right is not for them and that they can bypass every other person who waits in turn to cut in at the front causing everyone to brake while these tards think that they can just do as they please.

And right next to these feckers is those who do not understand about leaving a safe driving distance between cars, hell no there is a 2 inch space, let me jam my ******* in there with no indicators and cause everyone behind now to play brake lotto.

The people think they are bloody driving in Coombiare with one eye shut I am sure.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post