Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
rap

Default just car insurance

Hey all just looking to insure my new ride BA GT-P and was wondering what experiences people have had with just car insurance. They have quoted me $1500 over the net which was a bit better than the RAA for $7000 lol

Thanks again
Reece

rap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Justcar's were the only one's to insure me when i was a very naughty boy..
Have been with them ever since, some people bag them, i've had no trouble.
Came close to making a claim once and they sent me to a repairer near me known for QUALITY work.
They seemed fairly cool to deal with in making the claim but i didn't go ahead, cost of excess/ versus cost repair.
Only whinge is they don't do 'lay up' insurance like some of the other's.
Ohh and don't be shy to crunch their ball's on a deal, i've got agreed value i'm happy with and a low premium. Sweet for me.
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: just car insurance

Old thread mine, but just went to these guys for a quote. Twice as expensive as other companies like nrma or qbe.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just Car Insurance Agency Pty Ltd (ABN 41 050 238 563, AR 240432) is an authorised representative of, and fully underwritten by, Australian Associated Motor Insurers Limited (AAMI, AFS Licence No 238173). AAMI is owned by Suncorp who also own GIO, Suncorp, Vero, APIA and Shannons

NRMA Insurance is part of the Insurance Australia Group, they also own SGIO, SGIC, CGU Insurance, Swann Insurance, and The Buzz Car Insurance

These are the 2 big insurance giants in Australia

QBE is wholly Australian owned and is an independent company, we only deal with QBE, in most cases their policies are better than the big ones and cheaper too.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

I was with Just car wayyyyyy back when i bought my AU new, as i had a 7" flip out screen, and no one else would insure it, they charged accordingly too. After the first year it started becoming common and NRMA would insure the car again.

QBE are quite good on pricing on greenslips from what i see, but my wife and i arent old enough to have our car insured with anyone but NRMA (cheaply)...... STILL.
Im 30 and shes 27, no accidents or claims ever, but still dont meet criteria due to age :( have to wait till shes 30, by then they will raise the bar to 32 or something.. lol
Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

Youii was 480 dollars more than from GIO. Same car, same driver, same habit, same usage. Youii is not for me! How is this price difference honest?
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by basteve
Youii was 480 dollars more than from GIO. Same car, same driver, same habit, same usage. Youii is not for me! How is this price difference honest?
It comes down to service and how strict they are, Youii will follow the PDS down to the last letter, where a bigger insurance company may not be so strict.

With insurance you go with a chap company at claim time you will see why.

While working in the insurance company, a customer who had come over to us, had a claim with a budget insurance company and because of this claim, they were denied insurance the next year.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought they might have been owned by the big 2, but it appears not.

Quote:
Youi Pty Ltd, is an APRA regulated and ASIC registered general insurance company and is a wholly owned subsidiary of OUTsurance Holdings Limited part of the Rand Merchant Insurance Holdings (RMIH) Group, a large international insurance services provider with a market capitalisation of AUD $2.6 bn.
Youi underwrites its own products, is a member of the Insurance Council of Australia and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).

http://www.youi.com.au/online-car-insurance/about-youi
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 60% NCB and my Fez is insured with AAMI and the BF Ghia with RACQ, they gave me the cheapest quotes for agreed value. Car is insurance is like a lottery, you win some..you loose some..I cann't find the ASIC report that was released last month..YOUI got a bad report..for not honouring claims etc...
Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
Zorba

i was with just cars with my 180sx and wrx. i only stopped using them as at the time they wouldnt allow pay by the month.

had no issues with them at all. however, i never had to make a claim.
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post