Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Default WS Short Throw Shifter

Anyone installed a WS Short Throw Shifter? If so, which one did you buy and where did you get it from? (AND PRICE...)

Cheers,

Sam.

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

no one's installed one?

No mods yet.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
trento
Audiophile

dannyhilton has from europarts, shifts nice and smooth and by gosh is it quick...

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
dannyhilton has from europarts, shifts nice and smooth and by gosh is it quick...
White lighting has nothing on your XR4 eater!

As Trent said, I have one that I got from European Parts. Very happy with it. Massively improves the look, the feel, and the change is much quicker. I also got the illuminated gear lever (which I still haven't connected to any power so it's un-illuminated) so that also helps the feel. It's a great little setup. Sorry for the dodgy photo, I guess the iPhone 3G camera left a lot to be desired!

IIRC it set me back about $180 when the Euro was like 64 cents. Web link is http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...oducts_id=1014 and I'd definitely recommend it. Let me know if you order because we could combine a few items and save on postage!
Old 20-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
White lighting has nothing on your XR4 eater!
ROFL.... Silver Bullit got lucky

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 20-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

awesome, its for my g/f's car, so i'll have to tee it up with her later in the year, she'll love it.

No mods yet.
Old 14-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Oriory

I'm glad I found this thread, might have to get one, any idea if it would affect warranty?
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Oriory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriory
I'm glad I found this thread, might have to get one, any idea if it would affect warranty?
Also forgot to ask, did you do it yourself or got a mechanic do do it for you...
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Through trial and error, fitted it myself. I'm by no means handy at anything so it took a little bit, was was worth it (my boss did assist me with his commen sence). Does come with instructions that any normal human can understand however. Shouldn't effect warranty, as it appears to be a Ford part that's been chopped down and sharpened professionally. I'd imagine you could quite easily get this effect by simply chopping the original shifter down and rewelding the thread back on.

Well worth it! Look great, and feels great.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I used an angle grinder to cut 3 inches off the shifter in my WP. Gotta love the DIY hack jobs.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
fiesta8u

is there one for the wq fiesta?
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
shroomies49

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
ROFL.... Silver Bullit got lucky

Blue Beastie.... got nothin.....

LOL

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Blue Beastie.... got nothin.....

LOL
PA-LEEEZ!