Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
InitialD
Low and Loud

Default Front End confusion

Could someone explain this to me as I am unsure what it means.

Now I HAD a Kmac ratchet camber kit in the car but I was told that it kept comming loose due to it being not suited to crappy roads like where I am.

Ive fitted a Shim kit to the car, with one 5mm shim on each side. With superlows its got massive 'commo camber'.

I just had two front tyres fitted to the car since falkens were just crap in the wet and asked for a wheel alignment. I was told that the car has some front end issues. Currently the Drivers side front has -0.4 camber/castor which is within normal. The passenger side has +4.0!!! :

They couldnt align it or something? told me that i needed to come back during the week and get there mechanic to see whats wrong and that it "could be" a bent rod or some sort. Currently I have to drive the damn thing with the steeringwheel 20deg to the right to keep straight!

Could anyone explain to me what +4 camber/castor could be? I dont know anything about this. It looks like they havent even shimmed it out? the guy didnt appear to know exactly what that ment. The car before me im guessing had been in a accident since it had been insurance repaired. But its not like the damn car is bent or anything!

Thanks

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :

Last edited by InitialD; 12-03-2006 at 03:32 PM.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Camber and castor are two totally different measurements. I'd be going somewhere with a clue if that's what they told you.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

After showing rob pics of where the tyres are sitting, he reassured me that my original thought that the tyre CANNOT be +4 camber as its sitting inwards atm with a negative camber infact.

Im seriously going to go somewhere to get an alignment elsewhere

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 12-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
John_LS1

post up pics!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

yeah pics!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
John_LS1

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
yeah pics!
Excuise the ИИИИty paint people around the ticky badges. The previous owner superglued on 30th aniversary badges and i cant get it off

Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
niko
likes falcon's

+ looks to be leaning out... needs a good adjustment u want them leaning in.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/paratech/elmont/tw4.jpg heres a good pic my car has -2deg camber, my bro;s has shims to correct it even more, but he has the low rider pedders shox