Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
mm31
Starter Motor

Default 2010 Tdci starts then stalls

Hi I'm playing with 2010 tdci that will not stay running. It starts for 5sec then just stops. I have cleaned all earths checked every plug I can find checked all the fuel side of things but to no avail. Ids checks have read things from ecu failure, abs com faults and now it's changed to random cluster com faults with the glow plug light turning on every 5 seconds but glow plugs working correctly. Has anyone come across any issues similar to this.
mm31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
CatonaPC©

Default Re: 2010 Tdci starts then stalls

This could be caused a myriad of things. If you google, you can probably find some clues as to what the cause might be. The problem is, the fault may be somewhere unexpected. I had a Golf TDi that threw up some engine warning lights; when I had the car checked, the problem was found in the electric steering. Once that was sorted, the car worked fine.

In the meantime, you might want to try disconnecting the battery for five minutes and then reconnect it. This might reset things, sensors etc. Failing that, you may need to take it to Ford for a full diagnostic check.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like ecu/electrical. is the battery fully OK? some times failing battery will cause such symptoms as the ECU reads voltage from sensors. Also fault earth for the ECU will do the same thing.what has recently happened to the car before this started?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
mm31
Starter Motor

Battery is new and fully charged I am using current Ford ids for diagnostics.
Car went from weird radio and cluster issues a year ago to starting and stopping randomly only starting if glow plug light come on and then stay off
to now it starts runs and stalls after 5sec every time I'm kinda stumped
mm31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post