Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-06-2023, 01:22 PM   #6721
Astro-Boy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Everyone,

New here. Looking for service info on FGX EcoLPI XR6 Ute. I've got an intermittent P0093-60 (Fuel system leak detected - large leakage). I've had the main pressure sensor replaced. Now looking at service items while I work through troubleshooting.

Cheers and thanks.
Astro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #6722
Manly Q.
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manly4eva View Post
Hi all Ron from Brisbane. I have a 1978 XC Sedan was a 250 now a rebuilt 302 Cleveland. With a kitted c4 auto and BW LSD diff. Daily is a 2009 Terry with a nice suspension clunk on the left hand side. 😆.
Hi Manly 4 Eva.

Well our User names could not be much loser.

From the same neighbourhood in the 50s.

David.
Manly Q. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2023, 09:59 PM   #6723
23SHELBY

G'day all, from Melbourne
23SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #6724
boro8907
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro8907 View Post
Hi All from New Zealand, looking at a 2021 Everest Titanium for towing a relatively small 1500kg caravan, so looking to see any ongoing issues and get advice on if a AT cooler would be a worthy investment
Update evetually bought a facelift 2021 Everest Biturbo Titanium, we have not gone far in it yet (towing).
Coming from my previous tow vehicle (1999 3L Prado) it is night and day.

We live on a hill, and the Prado would struggle to maintain 40kmh.
Keeping the Everest in sports mode you hardly know you are towing the caravan at all , no such hill issues.

Hopefully we will get out on a bit of a longer trek and see how it handles.
boro8907 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2023, 12:35 PM   #6725
Barra666
Starter Motor

Hi,
Working on a FG na+t / ZF6 to go into a 62 series Landcruiser.
Great forum here!
Cheers
Barra666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 09:22 AM   #6726
Ren Adsett
Starter Motor

Default Re: Gerday Folks.

Gerday Folks, had Fords all my life including a good old 1956 Zephyr. I have owned Falcons - XR XW XA XB XD XE EL and for the last 9 years a BA Futura. When I was a kid my father had an Elliot Ness style Ford before moving to Mainlines and Customlines then all the early Falcons and finally a Marquis which he reckoned was a piece of poop.
One day I might go crazy and wop a Barra into an EL --- that would have to be the best mix ever. IMHO.
Happy Fording, folks.
Ren Adsett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2023, 05:23 PM   #6727
Munzy
Blue Blood

Gidday, I'm a ford tragic. Ever since my first, a 2lt TD Cortina wagon in garbage bin green lol I've had blue blood. I tried a couple mitsies but they just didnt do it for me. so the list of fords goes as follows -

TD Cortina 2lt wagon, Green, lowered front to improve stance, 2 inch exhaust, re-jet weber carby. Running on globeline dish mags.

XH Falcon ute. Stock everything. Must have been built mid week cause it was faultless.

XC Falcon sedan. bought it for its mags and extractors to go on another car, put on stock wheels and header manifold cut and polished it and flipped it for more than I paid.

XW Falcon sedan. Project car that never went anywhere, ended up selling 4 years later.

1999 AU S1 XR8 ute 5Lt Auto Venom Red. Stock. another Wednesday car. Test drove several before buying this one in 2005, this one just seemed to be faster and smoother than any we tested. Sold it 2008 to buy a more practical work ute. Biggest regret ever. This was my true car love.

XY GT Replica. Technically my wifes car. Electric blue. 302 c4 auto. upgraded to mild 351 clevo with FMX. Took of 5 slots and fit Bathurst Globes. Sold to build a new kitchen. It was a beast of a car but scary as all hell to drive.

BA RTV Ute, column shift auto 4lt, for work. Great ute, diff lock was useful, but overall just boring.

XF Falcon ute, 4lt auto. Back up work ute, staff killed it twice before I gave up saving it.

2000 Fairmont. 4Lt auto. Grandpa spec. smooth ride. Great car.

2004 LWB Transit Mid Top Van, push button auto. Best work van I've ever used. Drove it till it fell apart, motor an gearbox where still mint at 350km.

Couple 2009 Ranger dual cabs for work and play. Work was an white XS and Play was an Black XLT. Both epic. Worked hard and played hard without issue.

Maverick Wagon. Petrol/gas 4x4. Basically a fishing bus. It did a lot of Km's and was a lot of fun. Did heaps of maintenance work to it due to km's. Did fit extractors to fix header leak and bigger radiator with electronic fan to fix overheating issues and electronic points system to fix backfire issues on gas. All standard issues with these things.

Current - 2002 AU2 XR8 Ute, 5lt auto. Artic White. Yeah baby! So far I've put on a personally made custom 2.5" twin exhaust, sounds epic. roller top tub cover for security. Compiling parts for upcoming upgrades, s3 pursuit clone. This one will never leave, no matter what my wife says........

Current - 2009 Territory - Diesel Titanium. Stock, 380,000Km's. Its the family car and it is solid as.

Current - 2012 Zetec Diesel Mondeo estate. Sigh. such a nice car when it works. But what a lemon. Electrical faults one after the other. Clagged up intakes (That's a modern design fault you'll all need to face one day) and injectors, DPF sensor and injector faults, broken glow plug in the head, PCM not found, then it is, then its not, grr. This car is basically why I'm here on this forum, I need the help of the Ford clan.
Munzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2023, 09:26 AM   #6728
Loafar
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Thanks for letting join.

Hi fellow Rangers,
Running a 2014 PX Ranger 2.2 ltr.
Picked her up for 8 gs, replaced the auto with a second handy all going well so far other than it makes a low Growling noise when it changes throught the gears. One other issue is that it changes between 3rd and 4th rather quick.
Re did the adaptions, TCM reset PCM reset etc. Any thoughts?.
Loafar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2023, 09:35 AM   #6729
Spiro
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Good to be here there have been some handy threads on this forum, so I thought to give it a crack too. I do have an agenda...the wife's 2009 LV Focus Manual ( 2ltr) needed a new clutch. Just changed clutch disc, pressure plate and slave cylinder. Took it for a test run yesterday and the gears are whining 1st through 5th then also same on the decelerate. New gearbox oil is tip - top it took approx 1.9lts Pentite Semi Synth 75W 90. Got me stumped right now...thoughts anyone?
Spiro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2023, 02:10 PM   #6730
Jetracin
Starter Motor

Hi thanks for letting me join,
I’m currently trying to repair a customers instrument cluster out of a 2009 fog ute, something has happened and blown a part ( I suspect a diode) but can’t read the part numbers to b able to order the right component . The hopefully added pics will show the part I need a clear picture of
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jeff

91CFE54D-34D8-4E70-B544-A81236116063.jpeg
D6B7C223-FAAD-4069-B5F2-DC46595F26D4.jpeg
Jetracin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2023, 07:21 AM   #6731
Shaneel
Starter Motor

Hello my name is shaneel i own 2004 ford falcon Ba xr6t
I got problem with my Areopro facia it have no problem i have changed the fues
Shaneel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2023, 01:52 PM   #6732
1970GTCapri
Starter Motor

Hello All, I'm a newbie to the Forum and am loving all the advice and info I have been provided by fellwo Capri fans.
1970GTCapri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2023, 09:59 PM   #6733
Surfette
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy Members. I have a 1987 Ford Fairlane Sportsman Model. Anyone out there can give me advice. Do I put a genuine bonnet emblem on or leave it off. Thanks
Surfette is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2023, 10:35 PM   #6734
23SHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfette View Post
Howdy Members. I have a 1987 Ford Fairlane Sportsman Model. Anyone out there can give me advice. Do I put a genuine bonnet emblem on or leave it off. Thanks
Hi Surfette and welcome.
I like original so i would put it on, but whatever blows your hair back.
What colour?
Old 19-07-2023, 11:42 PM   #6735
Surfette
Starter Motor

Thanks 23Shelby. I have a white over grey ZL 87 Sportsman with the bonnet emblem. But just about to buy a silver over grey ZL 87 Sportsman that does not have the bonnet emblem. Cant wait to get this beauty home, its only done 101,000 kms (3 owners, all books).
Old 19-07-2023, 11:47 PM   #6736
23SHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfette View Post
Thanks 23Shelby. I have a white over grey ZL 87 Sportsman with the bonnet emblem. But just about to buy a silver over grey ZL 87 Sportsman that does not have the bonnet emblem. Cant wait to get this beauty home, its only done 101,000 kms (3 owners, all books).
Nice cruiser, 5.8l?
Old 20-07-2023, 12:14 AM   #6737
23SHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23SHELBY View Post
Nice cruiser, 5.8l?
87, my bad
Old 20-07-2023, 02:28 AM   #6738
Surfette
Starter Motor

No, only a 6 cylinder. EFI 4.1. But still a nice cruiser. Looking forward to driving a vehicle with rear wheel drive again. 😉
Old 21-07-2023, 09:58 AM   #6739
Jedi_Ford
Starter Motor

Hi all,

My name is Jon, I'm 51 and I'm in a relationship but looking for more...I have promised to give my partner more love (she's a 97 model and her initials are XH) but its a bit of a predicament...I have a bit of a wandering eye and I seem to always be looking for/at other nice models not that I would ever part ways with my 97 gal but two is better than one!

I like long drives by the beach and into the sunset but even a short trip into town makes me happy.

cheers
Jon
*may the Ford be with you*
Jedi_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2023, 07:00 PM   #6740
BigDaddy67
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Alex. I've owned 3 Holdens (HG, HQ, & HX), a Mini Panel Van with a fibreglass front end, and 2 motorbikes before I bought my first Ford (XE). The XE lasted longer and put up with more punishment than all the previous vehicles combined. Was truly the love of my life.

Sadly sold the XE when the family out grew it (4 kids). But I loved that car. It had the 4.1L cross flow alloy head and I put some extractors on it. Lowered the suspension. Changed the steering column from XE to XF. Sports wood-grain steering wheel. Swapped out the 4 spd manual for a T5. Put a disc brake rear end in it and a sound system that would rattle the neighbours windows.

The XE was an all-round vehicle; daily commuter, rally car, street racer, 4wd. It was almost indestructible except for those damn external door handles. I always kept a couple of spares lol... Eventually it ran out of compression and I replaced the engine with one from an XF.

Currently driving a 2003 BA Fairmont Ghia 4.0 Barra 4 spd trans and it appears to be the bain of my existence. It seems like just as soon as we fix one thing, something else needs attention. Sad because it's a great car, comfortable, quick, handles great, comes with all the mod cons (except bluetooth, but who cares right...).

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to join the forum

Cheers
BigDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2023, 01:04 PM   #6741
SidewaysSimon

Hi from Scotland. Recently bought a hearse to turn into a camper van and for some reason the company that built it imported a bunch of BF falcons into the UK to convert into hearses. Car had some issues with it when I bought it (TPS, intake manifold gasket, throttle gasket all knackered), I've dealt with those and now am chasing other issues with it, but this forum's previous posts have been really helpful with fixing it up, so thought I'd join and say hi.
SidewaysSimon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2023, 01:08 PM   #6742
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysSimon View Post
Hi from Scotland. Recently bought a hearse to turn into a camper van and for some reason the company that built it imported a bunch of BF falcons into the UK to convert into hearses. Car had some issues with it when I bought it (TPS, intake manifold gasket, throttle gasket all knackered), I've dealt with those and now am chasing other issues with it, but this forum's previous posts have been really helpful with fixing it up, so thought I'd join and say hi.

Hi & welcome to Ford Forums.

should be an interesting conversion, so am following this one
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2023, 01:26 PM   #6743
SidewaysSimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
should be an interesting conversion, so am following this one
Trying to work out where is best to post about that, the project cars subforum or the au to bf falcons subforum :
SidewaysSimon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2023, 02:28 PM   #6744
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysSimon View Post
Trying to work out where is best to post about that, the project cars subforum or the au to bf falcons subforum :
If you are seeking advice on the car then post it up in the AU to BF sub-forum or the B-series sub-forum.

If you are going to document the build then post it up in the Projects sub-forum area.

Welcome to AFF.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2023, 11:36 AM   #6745
Blippertybob
Starter Motor

Hi ya all. I own a 2003 BA falcon Fairmont Ghia, had the steering hose and alternator replaced and love the car but there's a slight whirring sound most noticeable at idle which leads me to suspect the aircon compressor is getting tired. I want to keep ontop of things before they get worse so am always open to suggestions. Thanks.
Blippertybob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2023, 12:46 PM   #6746
TransitOldie
Starter Motor

Hey All,

New to this particular forum, but a regular on FB and others.

I've had a series of Fords over the years:

EB
EF
Transit (some year - was owned by the company, so can't remember the model, but was ooooold!)
And finally....

My 2019 Transit Custom

Vehicle has been essentially flawless, other than the stock Ford Sync 2.5 radio being absolute garbage, crashing, not connecting - so out it went, and I replaced it with an 11" Alpine last year. Its been flawless ever since.

Currently in for warranty repairs, so seeking some independent advice rather urgently.
TransitOldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2023, 01:19 AM   #6747
nevpow
Starter Motor

hello peeps have owned fords xb v8 nc v8 ba v8 still have got son a territory 2011 v6 diesel have problem not start winds over showing vechile immobilzed coms error dsc fault 4wd tempory locked a mechanic 45yrs have put G scan shows no fault any help would be appreciated
nevpow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2023, 11:16 AM   #6748
Wombo
Starter Motor

Hello All,

Firstly thank you for adding me to the forum.
Second, we have owned a number of later Fords (FG XR6, 2016 Ranger, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Ranger and 2021 Raptor) and cant speak highly enough of them. Many (150K+ kms for the older ones) and trouble free motoring.
Recently I purchased a 2009 SY2 Territory as bit of a project and for the daughter but unfortunately it would cost more than I paid for it to get it roadworthy so I have decided to keep it for a property vehicle and do some mods to it.

Anyway G'Day all

Thanks

Adam
Wombo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2023, 11:18 PM   #6749
brettenator
Starter Motor

Hello, BFII XR6T owner here.

Just want to say a big thanks for all the fantastic resources you provide.

Cheers,
Brett
brettenator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #6750
63tinakiwi
Starter Motor

Thanks for adding me to the forum.
I'm from NZ and have a 62 Mk1 Cortina 2 door, with a 600hp Pro-charged 302W (link is below), a 1972 Bolwell Nagari and a 1965 Mustang Fastback 4-speed.
I'm editor of the NZ Classic Cortina Car club magazine, so am using the forum for research

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/fea...ibute-blown-v8
63tinakiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: