Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #361
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

RIP Ford Aus manuf.. big thankyous all employees past and present for delivering me kick *** Falcons I've enjoyed so much..
Old 23-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #362
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Here is another crystall ball view, this time AFF members not FORD

Some more temporary bannings happening.

And I thought we were all here because we love our Fords, not to fight.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 23-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #363
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB View Post
You're surprised that a site that is made up of predominately Falcon lovers is collectively upset that the Falcon is to be no longer?
Maybe you should find another forum where your opinions would be more appreciated.
Hey I am not happy about it either.

It's a sad day for local manufacturing, and a sad day for the poor workers. As I mentioned earlier my father's company has been a supplier over time, and I have seen the gradual shift to overseas manufacturing over many years.

That said, I have merely been matter-of-fact about the situation instead of spurting out emotional rambles.

Feel free to disagree, but if the best you can serve up is to suggest I "bury myself", it's clear logic has taken a back seat here.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #364
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ring ring...... Ring ring...... Ring ring. " hello, Dick Smith speaking"

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #365
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Pop View Post
While I'm shattered with the news of the Ford Aus shutting down production of locally built models I do believe in Ford Global success. If you were in FordAus shoes, why would you be spending so much to make a car that has such a very small market share in a country with 20something million people. You wouldn't. Ford is a company that goes out to make money, its not there to provide you with some form of romantic ideal of motoring. They make dollars.

I love the Ford Motor company, and if this is what needs to happen to ensure the company as a whole stays viable then so be it.

Ill always have a Falcon, Ill always have Fords no matter where they are made its just a shame that we wont have such a car as the Falcon with what will be Australia greatest engine. The mighty 4 Litre.

Now Im off to have a beer down the shed with the cars and celebrate the Falcon, its not time to mourn just yet.
I and many others don't see it that way. The passion directed towards Ford product in Australia by and large exists because of the local product. Sure, the imported product is capable and has some fruit that the Falcon and Territory don't have. But does it stir up the passion that Falcons of yore did (and still do)? I contend no, as in the grand scheme of things, they are but Ford's version of every other small and mid sized car on the market.

Last edited by Trump; 23-05-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Grammar
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #366
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
Comments like your own are doing nothing but aggravating already upset forum members. You're a disgrace, mate.
I feel I have done nothing more than offer a common sense approach to the issue. On a number of occasions I have expressed sadness for what has happened too.

How is that disgraceful?
Old 23-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #367
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is getting argumentative.

Just take a step back and a deep breath.

If the trolling and personal attacks continue there will be holidays......
10 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #368
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As bad as today's news is, I hope Ford will sell the RHD Mustang in Australia.

It is the only RWD car that can fill the void to some extent.

Although I can see many here are Falcon loyalists and wouldn't buy any other Ford but a Falcon.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #369
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I knew that when a meeting was called at about 8.30 and no one would say what it was for, that it was going to be the big one. But none of us was really suprised, the Button Plan to keep dropping tariffs has finally done what everyone knew it would do eventually.

Wht the hell it wasn't re-evaluated years ago to give the locals a level playing field is beyond me.

A very sad day, I knew it was coming but its a huge downer, I love Ford and Falcon and it will be so sad to see it go, its been a massive part of my life, my grandpa and dad worked there for decades until the retired and i've done 13 years, but nothings forever.

Having an affordable Mustang sold here will ease the pain a little bit to give us blue bloods who love V8 Fords something to aspire too and keep the V8 RWD fires burning, but thats if Ford do the right thing and actually keep it affordable and not put some BS price on it.

You'd have to say Fords V8SC participation is probably doomed now too, but to that I say who gives a stuff, its been so Holden biased for years that it really means nothing to me now, and who wants to watch a bunch of Holdens chasing a bunch of other cars no one really cares about.

Long live the Falcon.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #370
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
Take note people.

This is how 99% of the public view car purchases.

My daily drive is a 2005 WRX I purchased new. Please show me what local product options I had.
Please tell me more, no hang on please just shut the **** up, we understand your point but every single ******* post is the same ****, please just shut up.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #371
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Hey I am not happy about it either.

It's a sad day for local manufacturing, and a sad day for the poor workers. As I mentioned earlier my father's company has been a supplier over time, and I have seen the gradual shift to overseas manufacturing over many years.

That said, I have merely been matter-of-fact about the situation instead of spurting out emotional rambles.

Feel free to disagree, but if the best you can serve up is to suggest I "bury myself", it's clear logic has taken a back seat here.
If you're not happy about it, then I can only assume that you're well aware of the mentality of some of the members on here. Why is it that you're posting very blunt and in some cases very shallow comments on this topic when a lot of people on here are hurting enough. You may not think you're hurting anyone on here but people are hurt enough as it is with out you telling every to just plainly deal with it. The Falcon has been a part of a lot people lives here for a very long time and it's going to hurt them a lot that their children aren't going to experience a brand new falcon fresh off the show room floor. I'm upset that my future children aren't going to be able to do so and I'm only 21.

Have a bit of sympathy for people on here.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #372
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Block View Post
What are we going to do when the dollar drops and the $30k Mustang costs $60k or the $19k Golf with the dodgy gearbox and engine costs $50k and we have signed long term supply contracts for minerals at give away prices. The world changes for sure and not always for the best. Long term we need to keep the skills in Australia for the future for our children, for our defence industries, for our repair industries, etc ..etc. If all we want for our kids is to be baristas and burger makers it is very sad. The PM said as much today,,,pity she finally got it too late though.
Mate I completely share your concerns. It's a VERY shaky global economy and nobody has a crystal ball.

That said...we can't continue to prop up a grossly unprofitable local manufacturing operation simply to keep skills/jobs going.

The fact is, most of the 'highly skilled' Ford jobs will remain. Engineering, design etc. Ford Australia can make a terrific contribution to Ford's global operation, but sadly it doesn't make sense to bolt them together here anymore.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #373
anto
Za Dom spremni

the last mustang I sat in felt a generation older than the falcon...no thanks
AU III XR8 red ute
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #374
1TUFFUTE
Banned

well screw you guys.....im a true ford fan and always will be. My signature is staying to stick it to all the negative morons who helped this sad sad day come to pass.
Thanks to all the guys who have made heartfelt comments....im off to wash my Australian falcon. At least I can be proud....more then I can say for some others.
7 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #375
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

As per what flappist said.

In addition: This is an emotional day for all Ford lovers, and the trolls will come out to celebrate. Just know that this thread is being monitored heavily and if people want to screw around then FOA won't be the only one taking a permanent holiday.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #376
Oxa384

need 1 more user to view this thread........
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #377
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
Not meaning to be sarcastic here or add salt to the wound - far from it - but what kinda quality do you honestly think these poor workers are likely to be screwing together over the next coupls of years...........quality and enthusiasm are likely to be last on the list for the next Falc..........hope I'm wrong.
Same was said when they made the engine plant closure announcement, and quality did not drop off at all. The company also put incentives on meeting quality benchmarks, that each worker would get bonuses if they were met. So don't expect quality to drop off.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #378
GT-spec15

Quote:
If you're not happy about it, then I can only assume that you're well aware of the mentality of some of the members on here. Why is it that you're posting very blunt and in some cases very shallow comments on this topic when a lot of people on here are hurting enough. You may not think you're hurting anyone on here but people are hurt enough as it is with out you telling every to just plainly deal with it. The Falcon has been a part of a lot people lives here for a very long time and it's going to hurt them a lot that their children aren't going to experience a brand new falcon fresh off the show room floor. I'm upset that my future children aren't going to be able to do so and I'm only 21.

Have a bit of sympathy for people on here.
Let me reiterate for a third or fourth time that my father, and many of his friends, are suppliers to the auto industry. For many years we have watched local manufacturing of components dry up and be sent overseas. Very sad indeed, and we ourselves have felt this pain.

Perhaps thats why I can be more 'reasonable' about this decision, because I have seen it coming for so long and it isn't a shock as such.

I can totally understand people being upset about it, and I AM TOO. But at the end of the day, it doesn't help to go on tirades about it.

Be thankful we had such a rich history of automotive manufacturing, but understand that like many other industries, it simply has run its course.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #379
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA2DOR View Post
need 1 more user to view this thread........
It's over 9000!!!!
Old 23-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #380
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Why, its at 358 currently viewing
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 23-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #381
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Mate I completely share your concerns. It's a VERY shaky global economy and nobody has a crystal ball.

That said...we can't continue to prop up a grossly unprofitable local manufacturing operation simply to keep skills/jobs going.

The fact is, most of the 'highly skilled' Ford jobs will remain. Engineering, design etc. Ford Australia can make a terrific contribution to Ford's global operation, but sadly it doesn't make sense to bolt them together here anymore.
*removed*

Just because it was coming doesn't make it any better for us that are losing our jobs.

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 23-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #382
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

We love you bossxr8! I somehow like to think you had some hand in building my ute <3

Last edited by AU1XLS; 23-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #383
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe some rich bastard can buy it and call it "Palmer" "Packer" "Hancock" "Murdoch" falcon or something! haha. Such a waste of industry!.

Anarchy is near.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #384
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure employees would prefer to have 3 years wages instead of nothing. Gives them an opportunity to look new employment.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #385
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Let me reiterate for a third or fourth time that my father, and many of his friends, are suppliers to the auto industry. For many years we have watched local manufacturing of components dry up and be sent overseas. Very sad indeed, and we ourselves have felt this pain.

Perhaps thats why I can be more 'reasonable' about this decision, because I have seen it coming for so long and it isn't a shock as such.

I can totally understand people being upset about it, and I AM TOO. But at the end of the day, it doesn't help to go on tirades about it.

Be thankful we had such a rich history of automotive manufacturing, but understand that like many other industries, it simply has run its course.
You can say that you're family has been a supplier forever and I know it's going to impact you alot as you're going to have an entire company cease buying from you. But go back and read over your comments and have a look at them through the eyes of some of the people on here that feel physically sick at the fact that it is now over. It's like when your Father and Grandfather dies after suffering from cancer and someone comes up to you and says, "what are you crying about, you knew it was coming. Man up". We want consolation from like minded falcon and ford fans, not people like you stirring the pot.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #386
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I knew that when a meeting was called at about 8.30 and no one would say what it was for, that it was going to be the big one. But none of us was really suprised, the Button Plan to keep dropping tariffs has finally done what everyone knew it would do eventually.

Wht the hell it wasn't re-evaluated years ago to give the locals a level playing field is beyond me.

A very sad day, I knew it was coming but its a huge downer, I love Ford and Falcon and it will be so sad to see it go, its been a massive part of my life, my grandpa and dad worked there for decades until the retired and i've done 13 years, but nothings forever.

Having an affordable Mustang sold here will ease the pain a little bit to give us blue bloods who love V8 Fords something to aspire too and keep the V8 RWD fires burning, but thats if Ford do the right thing and actually keep it affordable and not put some BS price on it.

You'd have to say Fords V8SC participation is probably doomed now too, but to that I say who gives a stuff, its been so Holden biased for years that it really means nothing to me now, and who wants to watch a bunch of Holdens chasing a bunch of other cars no one really cares about.

Long live the Falcon.
thanks for the input Boss.. zackary bout the tariffs Aus has become nothing but a dumping ground..
two XA GT's and the BA GT will always be that little bit more special to me..
Old 23-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #387
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Long live the Falcon.
I love my car you and your friends built.

Thank you
Old 23-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #388
GT-spec15

Quote:
Seriously you stupid tool. Shut the f up.

Just because it was coming doesn't make it any better for us that are losing our jobs.
I have every sympathy for those losing their jobs.

Discussing the factors that have lead to the business changing direction is a completely separate thing.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #389
GT-spec15

Quote:
You can say that you're family has been a supplier forever and I know it's going to impact you alot as you're going to have an entire company cease buying from you. But go back and read over your comments and have a look at them through the eyes of some of the people on here that feel physically sick at the fact that it is now over. It's like when your Father and Grandfather dies after suffering from cancer and someone comes up to you and says, "what are you crying about, you knew it was coming. Man up". We want consolation from like minded falcon and ford fans, not people like you stirring the pot.
This is a discussion forum and as such you should expect to read a range of opinions.

If you want to start a Falcon 'memorial thread' go for it.
Old 23-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #390
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

EVERYONE READ THIS POST

Take a big deep breath. Several warnings have been issued already. It's terrible for those losing their employment. It's also not good for morale and local pride. However:

NO insulting one another
NO trolling
NO disrespect in any way to other users.

I will unlock this thread in 10 minutes. When it's unlocked, anyone mouthing off or breaching any site T&C will be warned and/or banned.

Zero tolerance from this point on.
Closed Thread