Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
kuans

Default Extension of new car warranty for LS Focus

Hello everyone, I was quoted $1,526.00 by my Ford dealer for the extended warranty until year 2012 or 160,000 kms, whichever comes first.

Need to hear what you guys think about it… is the price fair? What are the likely things/components to break down during the next 5 years? Has anyone had a bad experience with Ford when it comes to claiming for something during the warranty extension period?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

kuans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
WASP
Whipple Induced

The Ford factory warranty is the only warrenty worth having on these cars. Non-Ford warranties from what I have seen to date aren't worth the paper they are written on. I extended our 3 year warranty to 5 years as on my wifes LS Focus Zetec as that's about the lengh of time she plans to keep the car. My GT is that modified that I didn't both doing the same. If you plan to keep the car that long it's worth the peace of mind IMO. These cars if they are going to have issues generally have them shortly after delivery. Overall however they are built quite well and have quality driveline components. Trim plastics and paint are the main items that I think will become issues down the track. The plastics from what I've seen aren't up to the harsh Australian sun. If your Focus is garaged and protected from the elements this should not be a magor concern. Ford do get funny on what they will and won't cover with trim and paint. Basically trim has to be broken as they won't fix rattles and squeaks for example.
Old 22-11-2007, 02:38 AM   #3
irs

I was lucky when I purchased a Focus diesel mid September in that there was a special with Ford giving a 5 year warranty as standard. Special was only for 4 days.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would avoid a 3rd party warranty. If ford provide it may be worth a look at. We have an extra 2 years with road side service for the Megane but it cost only $600... Havnt had to use it though.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i will have a winge and say Ford should be matching other makes and have 5yrs standard. it is something i look at as a priority when buying a car. i say it is worth the money. not saying the focus is unreliable. i got it with my Mirage and it is a real peace of mind.