Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #121
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

so whats the point in all this? popularity contest? im confused. i cant see why it's there and what purpose it serves. :

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #122
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
so whats the point in all this? popularity contest? im confused. i cant see why it's there and what purpose it serves. :
Duh ;). It's so everyone can complain when they don't get rep. And it makes the mods power total and absolute..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #123
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Pretty much mate.

Oo\===/oO
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #124
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Got it in one. It makes em all feel better about themselves.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #125
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
Duh ;). It's so everyone can complain when they don't get rep. And it makes the mods power total and absolute..
You seem to be confused, you are on a private forum, you agree to the Terms at sign up, if there is an issue then dont be here.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #126
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

It for those that take the time to help others and to be acknowledge for same, it also gives us a chance to move on from number of post being an indication of how proactive the member has been on the site, which obviously has no bearing
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #127
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA
Got it in one. It makes em all feel better about themselves.

Makes who feel better about themselves? I would have thought that at least a DM would be trying to help develop the site, obviously we need to look at that side of things next
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #128
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Some of the responses here make me wonder why the admin/mod team put in the effort that they do.

Quite disheartening and rude IMO.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #129
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Sorry about all that laminge, no confusion I was only having a joke. Obviously not the right place, so apologies. I do think this is a good idea and appears to have covered all the angles.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #130
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know for 1 that i probwont get any good feedback from people i have anoyed to many in the past so it will take a bloody good post frommyself to get that

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #131
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The purpose of this system (as stated above) is to allow all members to recognise the efforts of other members whose contribution to the site is of value to them.

This could be for an informative post, technical assistance or anything else that you believe is helpful.

It is not designed to be a boys club and we have structured it the way we have to minimise the chance of the system being abused.

The 78,000 odd posts is correct although 43,000 represent the scans in the gallery and this is also part of the reason why admins are restricted to 100 rep points, mine would be over 200 otherwise.

I have now amended the birthdays that were corrupted in the upload for users numbered above 5,300 and should complete the ones below that number today. Please check the date in your profile to ensure that the month and day are the correct way around as the system works on a month, day basis and I am not sure if the import is that way around in all cases.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #132
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was no disrespect meant to any of the admin team who work hard to make the forum what it is. But I am sorry i feel imo that it makes no difference at all to me.
Personally I couldn't care less what others think of me and how they rank me.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #133
homegrown
hotshot

Just another statistic for someone to play with. Doubt it will last long. Anyway not really fussed.
I know I'm a top bloke just ask me,
Just kidding.

Just my opinion so don't be too hard.
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #134
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quite a common feature in many other forums. Not sure why there are so many dissidents....

Whats the saying - You cant please everybody all of the time

Keep up the good work
Old 08-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #135
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Now, correct me if I'm wrong.. But there's only a certain amount of these little green boxes, right?..... And the idea is to collect as many as possible, right?
So, the mods give themselves 4 or 5 or 15 to start with.... Plus it appears each new member automatically gets one on joining?
So my question is.. What hope in hell of winning do I have if there's obviously not enough boxes to go round!
(What IS the prize, BTW??)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #136
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not listening to you any more charlie
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #137
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
I have given three rep boosts so far (all positive), two were quiet achievers in the tech area who are always helping other members.
The third was to a better known member who thinks outside the box, none of them care about popularity.

The use is a little acknowledgement for those on the forum who go out of there way to help others and as a heads up to those who are in need of improvement.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #138
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
So my question is.. What hope in hell of winning do I have if there's obviously not enough boxes to go round!
IT'S A RACE!?! NOBODY TOLD ME IT WAS A RACE!!!!! I just heard the prize is a Green Box! WOOHOO!! Wonder whats in it... maybe a hat, sticker and one of those Door Belles Chris keeps talking about :

Seriously though, everyone except Snappy gets it, it's a good thing even if its just a thing and it's here. Suck it up and be a happy little helperouterer.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #139
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive had the general jist for ages , I think im just a little to trusting of people , an maybe not bright enough to realise when people have bee taking the p<>s
Old 08-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #140
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I have given three rep boosts so far (all positive), two were quiet achievers in the tech area who are always helping other members.
The third was to a better known member who thinks outside the box, none of them care about popularity.

The use is a little acknowledgement for those on the forum who go out of there way to help others and as a heads up to those who are in need of improvement.
Sums it all up in one post. It about contribution to the forum not how many post you can accrue as i posted above.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #141
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Russ,

Any on going SQL/Database issues?

One second I was logged in okay, next it kicked me and would let me log back in (incorrect username/password)
In the end, I had to reset my password to get back in.

No major hassle, just seemed a little odd.

thanks,
D
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 09-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #142
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

There may well have been during the last couple of days as I have been reimporting the birth dates to correct the errors in the previous import. As they are all completed now it should stop being a problem!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #143
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gday russ

have you been doing an update / import in the last 20 mins as i also couldnt get on aff due to site issues

just wondering

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #144
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I have just been updating all the users after the imports so that would likely explain the lack of response from the server. I have one more update that will be run later this afternoon.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #145
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool thanks russ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #146
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

Ummm Why??? I'm trying to give credit where it is due but for some reason I have been given the following message.

Now this person will have to miss out.

I understand if its to stop people just bumping up someones rep for the sake of it, but when its for doing a great write up on a fix for an issue like the one in my case then it kinda makes it hard when you have to go back to the thread again on another day (if you remember about it) and then give them a "well done mate, great job" rep boost.

Cheers

Adam
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #147
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARGED TERRA
Ummm Why??? I'm trying to give credit where it is due but for some reason I have been given the following message.

Now this person will have to miss out.

I understand if its to stop people just bumping up someones rep for the sake of it, but when its for doing a great write up on a fix for an issue like the one in my case then it kinda makes it hard when you have to go back to the thread again on another day (if you remember about it) and then give them a "well done mate, great job" rep boost.

Cheers

Adam

Just do it tomorrow then.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #148
Marduk
BFII XR6

You can only give out 2 reps per day I believe.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #149
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Dont see the problem, read the message then read what Russ has posted, the reason on the limitations that have been set would be obvious from some of the posts in this thread.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #150
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Mods just wondering when we will be able to purchase some green box FF.com.au sticker kits for our back windows.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Closed Thread