Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Default SCT Advisory

After speaking with many Dealers and Customers in Australia and New Zealand a solution is now available.

SCT will be reactivating honest dealers to continue supporting their customers via X1 devices. This is a temporary activation and will be available for the next 90 days and dealers must contact SCT to become active to tune X1 boxes. The intention of this activation is to show that SCT strives for customer satisfaction.

Please understand the main reason for the shutdown was regarding a violation of our license agreement by a dealer. The intentional resetting of locked boxes is prohibited and will not be tolerated. SCT reacted to raise awareness but feels that dealers must take an active role in securing their customers best intentions as well.

Remember that those found to be unlocking our devices and re-flashing will be cut off and will not be eligible to buy or support SCT product of any kind.

As always, if you need anything or want to report abuse, please do not hesitate to contact us.

SCT’s goal has always been to provide a top notch product and with the help of our dealers, we can prove once again that SCT can support the world's most important automobiles...YOURS!

Please contact your local dealer for support.

Charlie@sct

Old 31-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
nickOH

What a waste of a post...
Old 31-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks this makes it all better .
Old 31-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

i dont really see this to be a suitable solution to the problem, that SCT have created. sure capa didnt do the right thing but why should we as the consumers have to fork out another $900 dollars to retune our cars after 90 days.

i payed $900 odd for my flashbox in the first place.

i can say that i will not be buying another SCT product and i am sure there are others who feel the same way as me. good luck to your business and its exsistance dealing with people in australia.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 31-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SO I NOW HAVE A CAR I PAID A PREMIUM FOR THAT IS F$%@ING USELESS

thankyou very much, does that come with lube? or is that an additional fee?

as I stated several times I have just bought this vehicle and I paid quite handsomely for it why you say? because of the tunability for gods sake, thankyou for the sting in the seat of my pants, never will you see a cent of my money till the day I die, and I will tell everybody I know that you are a bunch of pirates. I want to be there the day karma comes back to haunt you.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 31-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickOH
What a waste of a post...
It open to questions.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Thanks this makes it all better .
Its a start.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@sct
It open to questions.

Charlie@sct
Here is a question.

I have an AU XR8 and an XCAL 1. After these 90 days what are my options? Are you willing to compensate me for having to upgrade to a different unit? Are any of your other tuning options compatible with the AU V8?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 31-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, its the end
Old 31-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
i dont really see this to be a suitable solution to the problem, that SCT have created. sure capa didnt do the right thing but why should we as the consumers have to fork out another $900 dollars to retune our cars after 90 days.

i payed $900 odd for my flashbox in the first place.

i can say that i will not be buying another SCT product and i am sure there are others who feel the same way as me. good luck to your business and its exsistance dealing with people in australia.
This is the great part about business. You don't have to buy our product and if you do not fell like you have gotten your monies worth then so be it.

The last shipment of X1 devices shipped to your country in 2005. This means that SCT has been adding support for newer models and doing engineering on our side just so folks there can take advantage.

I am truly sorry if you feel that SCT did this to you but look at the big picture. We supplied the technology. We didn't mess it up.

Charlie @sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
This is the great part about business. You don't have to buy our product and if you do not fell like you have gotten your monies worth then so be it.

The last shipment of X1 devices shipped to your country in 2005. This means that SCT has been adding support for newer models and doing engineering on our side just so folks there can take advantage.

I am truly sorry if you feel that SCT did this to you but look at the big picture. We supplied the technology. We didn't mess it up.

Charlie @sct
No but he did and by you saying that basically says that now you have our money you no longer care. Or am I misinterpreting what you are saying?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Some solution. Thanks for nothing.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 31-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:

The last shipment of X1 devices shipped to your country in 2005.
Funny way to put it.

I can still get factory support for my 2001 model Falcon

Oo\===/oO
Old 31-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
Scott

Quote:
SCT will be reactivating honest dealers to continue supporting their customers via X1 devices. This is a temporary activation and will be available for the next 90 days
Charlie - this is not a reasonable thing to do. You have sold many people a device that performed a task. Through your poor management, you have let your product be sold in a manner that does not suit the direction you wish to proceed - sorry, that is your problem not mine.

You simply cannot choose to maliciously damage my property without consequences because it suits your commercial aspirations this week.

The product I (and many others) bought does not require any input from you for support other than warranty. The tuners have the ability to write tunes to all units in the market with what they have - today, we own units that we can give to tuners so that they may tune them - today.

Your choice is to fundamentally change the solution I bought from you so that it no longer serves anything like the purpose I bought it for.

The contempt in which you hold your clients is disgusting - SCT really seem to think that they can do whatever they want - guess what? You can't.

Please advise the status of XCAL2 and where it will be heading as a good many of us sit in that boat too.

You won't here from me directly on this matter again.

Quote:

It is my understanding that in Australia, any manufacturer must provide a minimum of 7 yrs support from sale date of a product unless it is listed as a runout item. What is your take on this?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about X2? Is this now obsolete too?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
No but he did and by you saying that basically says that now you have our money you no longer care. Or am I misinterpreting what you are saying?
Its misinterpreted. Because of AU dealers we made turned the x1 back on with a few exceptions.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #17
Justin@
Banned

So to stop a few boxes being unlocked you plan to make everyone upgrade to your new improved product?
WHAT A JOKE
Tell the truth about it all, this is more about getting your new pruduct out there and in our cars isnt it. What about the blokes that have just got the cal1 or 2 and are saving for future mods?
All you have done with this is put everyone offside and you are losing business so in the end it will be the little guys that scew you.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Its misinterpreted. Because of AU dealers we made turned the x1 back on with a few exceptions.

Charlie@sct
For a very limited time, I plan on keeping my car for longer than 90 days.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

For 90 days?

I plan on keeping my car for more than 90 days.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
Old 31-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Charlie - this is not a reasonable thing to do. You have sold many people a device that performed a task. Through your poor management, you have let your product be sold in a manner that does not suit the direction you wish to proceed - sorry, that is your problem not mine.

You simply cannot choose to maliciously damage my property without consequences because it suits your commercial aspirations this week.

The product I (and many others) bought does not require any input from you for support other than warranty. The tuners have the ability to write tunes to all units in the market with what they have - today, we own units that we can give to tuners so that they may tune them - today.

Your choice is to fundamentally change the solution I bought from you so that it no longer serves anything like the purpose I bought it for.

The contempt in which you hold your clients is disgusting - SCT really seem to think that they can do whatever they want - guess what? You can't.

Please advise the status of XCAL2 and where it will be heading as a good many of us sit in that boat too.

You won't here from me directly on this matter again.

Its interesting how you point at SCT as being the culprit of this. I can only offer you 90 days for X1.

As far as X2, there has been no time delay. See an SCT tuner to have your X1, X2, or X3 tuned.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #21
nickOH

Quote:
It open to questions.

Charlie@sct
Here's my question.

Are you planning on staying in business for the long term? From this business decision, I would say no!
Old 31-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #22
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Charlie

Sorry, in my opinion it is no where near enough. Advise us of a list of compliant tuners throughout australia that will be able to provide support for the expected lifetime of our flash unit (that being a reasonable equivalent to the promised three cars that we own, eg I have two to go). If I agree that those tuners are one that I would trust, I may select to continue to use your products.

If you continue with the 90 day rubbish, I will not buy another SCT product. I will not be punished for the actions of your distributors at expense to me, ever.

Your handling of this situation has been severely unjust, you have just taken the easy way out and punished everyone instead of those that have done the wrong thing. You should have done it properly with legal action against those that have caused this problem. No excuses. You are incorrect, it is not a start. You have not acknowledged our concerns and have demonstrated that you do not care.

Please re consider your position on this matter and advise us when you have come up with something more equitable and just. Until then I will be looking at other options.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #23
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No we did not have to buy your product . But alot of us did . So you bring out another product in my eyes does the same thing and render the old one useless.
What stopping you from doing the same thing.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #24
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
For a very limited time, I plan on keeping my car for longer than 90 days.
How many more bolts on are you going with? Do the tunes you have now cover the mods?

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Charlie @sct
If that's the case why is it that 4 years down the track we're only just seeing the XC3 unit and when will the Xtreme Hand Held touch screen device be sold here? You distributor makes no mention of the Xtreme unit?

I bet there are still legit blank XC1's kicking about for sale.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #26
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Its interesting how you point at SCT as being the culprit of this. I can only offer you 90 days for X1.

As far as X2, there has been no time delay. See an SCT tuner to have your X1, X2, or X3 tuned.

Charlie@sct
I bought my box, I still have my box. I did not do anything wrong so why am I being punished?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #27
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Its interesting how you point at SCT as being the culprit of this.
But SCT is. Your 'unnamed' dealer went against you, so you shut down all dealers, all tuners and all customers. It IS your fault.

You could've dealt with 'unnamed' dealer by many other means without alienating all current and future TUNERS and CUSTOMERS.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
Old 31-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #28
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How many more bolts on are you going with? Do the tunes you have now cover the mods?

Charlie@sct
I have a BA xr6 turbo in need of injectors valve springs and a surge tank and a couple fuel pumps, then a tune then maybe one day a catback exhaust - so again when i do the catback i will need a new tune, my car is too heavily modded already to go back to the stock tune so I am stuck with a useless product and a 25k useless car........ keep ignoring me why not

Take my flash box back as a trade in on a xcal3 but don't expect to get alot of money from me for the upgrade as I am more than happy with the functionality of the box I have maybe $100 tops, and you are forcing us to buy a new product to do what the old one already did

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 31-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #29
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As far as X2, there has been no time delay.
Charlie@sct
WTF does that mean? Is my X2 still tunable or not. If so for how long.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #30
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:

Charlie@sct
Well that depends on how far I plan to go with it. So no the current tune will not be sufficient for my future plans.
Closed Thread