Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Smile Who says they dont book their own

From ABC Riverina site...http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...?site=riverina

A police commander has applauded his own officers who caught him driving 76 kilometres per hour above the speed limit in southern New South Wales earlier this month.

Riverina police say the Wagga Wagga Local Area Commander, Superintendent Frank Goodyer, was doing 176 kilometres an hour in a 100 zone near Junee.

He has paid a fine, his license is suspended and his conduct is being investigated.

Superintendent Goodyer says he has no excuses for his actions.

"I'd rather it not happen but it has. I did the wrong thing. I'll cop the punishment. I'm big enough to accept that," he said.

"It was my own people that detected me speeding and I applaud their actions. They've done the right thing. They've acted appropriately."

A spokesman for NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he will not comment until after an internal investigation.

Old 23-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
balthazarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
From ABC Riverina site...http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...?site=riverina

A police commander has applauded his own officers who caught him driving 76 kilometres per hour above the speed limit in southern New South Wales earlier this month.
So, did they crush his car? Confiscate it? Sell it?

No?

Didn't think so.
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

It was set up....

lol
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
Brett3158

Who said that they don't fly?????
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3158
GOLD
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3158
hahaha! Gold!
Old 23-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr

No?

Didn't think so.
I hope not, that would cost US money. It was an unmarked company car!!
Old 23-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr

No?

Didn't think so.
why would they. NSW don't crush, confiscate or sell cars for speeding, only burnouts.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh right. Of course he says "I am a very naughty boy" and "They did the right thing". What else could he say.

What he did not say was how the officers involved will be promoted due to their integrity and intelligence and will be looking forward to their new postings in Wilcania and Ironside...
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
What he did not say was how the officers involved will be promoted due to their integrity and intelligence and will be looking forward to their new postings in Wilcania and Ironside...
Close. These days I think it's Wilcannia and Brewarrina
Old 23-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
irlewy86
Meep Meep

The Police officers may have done the right thing however the office of public prosecutions has a lot to answer for. 76km/h over the limit can result in a court apperance and dention of up to 6 months. Considering this is a person in a position of authority and someone who is meant to enforce these laws he should be off to the big house with his tail between his legs.
Old 23-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Close. These days I think it's Wilcannia and Brewarrina
haha i've been to brewarrina - wouldn't like to live there. However there is an xb coupe that needs some lovin out there.........

As darryl kerrigan(?) off the castle would say "suffer in ya jocks"

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys its NSW it will be swept under the carpet. :
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JUDGE to Superintendent Frank Goodyer , AND WHY WERE YOU DOING 176 KPH IN A 100 ZONE (in loud god like voice)
......Superintendent Frank Goodyer:(in Piwi Herman voice) well Judge.... the boys back at the station had fresh hot jam doughey`s and i did`nt want mine to get cold.....
JUDGE to Superintendent Frank Goodyer ......ahhh well that explains it then off you go no charge, i`ll be expecting my share of doughey`s .
is that how it goes? ;)
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #15
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unless its like supertroopers lol

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
. 76km/h over the limit can result in a court apperance and dention of up to 6 months.
No can about it. In NSW its on the spot loss of licence at 45ks over and 60ks and over is a instant 12mths (stat law) and a court apperance. I am 4 weeks away from getting my licence back after a 18mht walk for somthing very close to this very thing.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

This particular cop is a complete and I wish he was sent to jail for this.

I have an interesting story to share with you all about a first hand encounter I had with this guy, who really is a PIG:

One night in March 1992 I was pulled over for an RBT after leaving a pub in North Wagga. In my car I had 4 drunk mates who I was taking to another bar at Charles Sturt University - I was the designated driver that night for the lads. Superintendent Frank Goodyer (I think he may have been a sergeant back then) was one of the coppers in the unmarked highway patrol car that pulled me over. When I wound down the window he obviously smelt the grog coming out of the car and then rudely told me to get out of the car and hand over my licence. He accused me of being drunk and risking the lives of everyone in the car. I tried to explain to him that I had only had 1 middie of beer about 1/2 hour before driving. He didn't believe me and called me all sorts of things including a "removed by laminge" (and yes, I had 4 drunken witnesses who were also hauled out of the car). After about 5 minutes of copping this abuse (despite my denials that I was drunk and my repeated requests to be put on "the bag" to prove my sobriety), Goodyer's partner got out of the car after checking my rego and drivers licence details with the breathalyser machine in his hand for me to blow into. When the machine showed registered a "zero" result, Goodyer told me and my mates to get back in the car and "-off out of my sight"...... no apology or anything like that.

Needless to say that whenever I hear his name, this night's events come to mind.

Last edited by Laminge; 24-10-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: crap removed
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #18
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
No can about it. In NSW its on the spot loss of licence at 45ks over and 60ks and over is a instant 12mths (stat law) and a court apperance. I am 4 weeks away from getting my licence back after a 18mht walk for somthing very close to this very thing.
Strange, can't see anything about 60ks and over being 12 months and a court appearance. Care to provide a link.

Here's one I prepared earlier.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul...edingpenalties

The closest I can find is:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul...voffences.html

Furious driving; Reckless driving; Driving in a manner or at a speed dangerous Maximum court-imposed fine $2,200 $3,300

Maximum gaol term 9 months 12 months

Disqualification - minimum 12 months 2 years

Disqualification - maximum Unlimited Unlimited

Disqualification - in the absence of a specific court order 3 years 5 years
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #19
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

He should go to Jail
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #20
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$10 buks say`s he`ll get a fine and community service;)
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #21
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Im sick of saying it so lets make it interesting, avoid the swear filter and I will start to ban people!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #22
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

176km/h in a 100 zone....is that cop brain damaged?
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #23
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

There are 100 zones and there are 100 zones. 176km/h in many 100 zones in Australia is perfectly safe. The law is an *** in many cases. This could be one of them, or it could not be. But to say that just because the law says 100km/h is legal on that road, when in another country the exact same road could be an open speed limit and be entirley appropriate, that 176km/h indicates brain damage then I question your own sanity. Some say it is the law then it is the law, Adolf Hitler used to say that about murdering jews too. Having no independent thought process in your little brain and just doing as some moron in government has decided is really no sign of intelligence.
Old 26-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #24
lamborghinifan

sorta off topic, but i notice that in nsw speeding by less than 15km/h is 3 points $81, qld it's speeding by up to 13km/h is 1 point $100.

say i get done in nsw on a qld license. nsw points are worth less than qld points. do i cop the qld 1 point $100, or the nsw 3points $81 ?? how's interstate work??
lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #25
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
But to say that just because the law says 100km/h is legal on that road, when in another country the exact same road could be an open speed limit and be entirley appropriate, that 176km/h indicates brain damage then I question your own sanity.
Question your own sanity, If he was able to get caught then it clearly wasn't safe, if you don't have time to slow down for speed trap then odds are you wont be stopping in time if a person or other object moves into your path.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #26
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
But to say that just because the law says 100km/h is legal on that road, when in another country the exact same road could be an open speed limit and be entirley appropriate, that 176km/h indicates brain damage then I question your own sanity. Some say it is the law then it is the law, Adolf Hitler used to say that about murdering jews too. Having no independent thought process in your little brain and just doing as some moron in government has decided is really no sign of intelligence.

That is the worst argument to justify speeding that i have every heard....lets hear you say the same thing when you kill someone.

Your pathetic, and thats more than i can say for the dribble that spills out of your mouth.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #27
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
Question your own sanity, If he was able to get caught then it clearly wasn't safe, if you don't have time to slow down for speed trap then odds are you wont be stopping in time if a person or other object moves into your path.
Yes, but remember though in relation to that road (O-Hwy), kids dont move at the speed of light to suddenly appear in front of a driver 400m - 2 kilometres before a scene where the HWP were waiting. (Radar).

Up to July 1978 on that road, his detected speed was quite legal, and in most probability safe at point of operation. Heck, use to do similar speeds on straight bits of the Hume myself, this was once all quite commonplance.

Even today, a sizeable portion of traffic will routinely do 120-130km/h on the New England Highway, but it does behave in town areas.

Yes, in today's 'speed-limit conditioned' world, we appreciate that such things cause testicular cancer and financial meltdown leading to the requirement of counselling for all concerned.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #28
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
That is the worst argument to justify speeding that i have every heard....lets hear you say the same thing when you kill someone.

Your pathetic, and thats more than i can say for the dribble that spills out of your mouth.
Brainwashed into the speed kills mantra I see. I didn't actually think that propaganda could actually indoctrinate anyone into such mindless one dimensional thinking but obviously it can.

Are those countries with more sane speed limits in the middle of nowhere pathetic?
Old 26-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #29
500SEC

Perhaps the 100km/h limit is too low in this case?
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #30
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500SEC
Perhaps the 100km/h limit is too low in this case?
100kph is too slow in almost every case, most if not all of our motorways can safely have 120-130kph limits, for example the M1 between Robina and Nerang is only 4 lanes, it is only really safe for a 100kph limit but beyond that its 6 or 8 lanes and the limit is 110kph but really it should be more, driving at that speed for too long is quite boring and causes people to loose concertration.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post