Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How long from northern syd to dubbo?

Hey guys, just a quick question.

I was thinking of doin somthin special for my girlfriend and i wanted to take her to dubbo Zoo as she's never been there before but give her somthing she's never done before ie - feed the tigers up close and then after that feed the rhino's and giraffes and later on at night do the overnight stay camping(thats a maybe - not sure if she'd enjoy that too much) but most probably stay in teh lodges.

anyway, how long do you think it would take to get there? i havent been there since i was 12 so i dont have a clue

Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Google maps is your friend.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh! i didnt know googlemaps had a distance/time calculator thanks mate!

so around 5 hours.. ill in turn make that around 4
Old 28-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
jason71
google is my friend

I did the trip a couple of weeks ago from Penrith via Bells Line Road and it took about 4 and half hours with a lunch stop at the top the mountain at Bathurst.

Just watch your speed as there was plenty of highway patrol cars between Bathurst and Dubbo.
jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Oh! i didnt know googlemaps had a distance/time calculator thanks mate!

so around 5 hours.. ill in turn make that around 4
I hope your girlfriends parents don't see that post. Then again, maybe it would a good thing if they did :
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill be coming from West Pennant Hills so googlemaps is telling me to go up the Golden Hwy. never heard of it before

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Old 28-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Golden highway is what its known as.

Is very easy to follow from where your comming from.

LOL with that google map. It covers the property that my daughter is on but not our town.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys!
Old 28-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stupid double posting.

Last edited by Fev; 28-05-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 28-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynet
I hope your girlfriends parents don't see that post. Then again, maybe it would a good thing if they did :
she has been on quite a few bseries cruises(everyone i have been on) and i have been with her for 4 years. Her mum knows how i drive and she knows i drive better then 80% of the rest of people in sydney... no im not bragging but im usually pretty damn good at picking lines around traffic and skipping through traffic(no i dont force my way through). i know where my limits are and im not planning on breaching them!

on a completely different tangent.

I work in north sydney, my window over looks the highway going north and i can see a onramp from north sydney to the hwy. Ive been keepin an police patrol car for the last half an hour, sittin on the shoulder with his left blinker on. The onramp is a blind corner and he is parked about 20-25m up from the corner. About 5 mins ago a RTA tow truckcame up behind him and parked right up on his bumper shielding him from traffic, no way to see him until your past him...

Thought that was a bit damn sneaky!!!

Last edited by Fev; 28-05-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 28-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I have done Oran park to dubbo in a little over 4 hours. Was an absolute dream run with no traffic
Up the northern road to richmond through bells line of road to lithgow. from there to mudgee then dubbo. its only about 380ish km
Road through Mudgee has a few turns but its pretty much signposted all the way. Dont go from mudgee to wellington u will waste half an hour, go direct up to the golden highway about 40km from Dubbo
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taking that route, Go thru Lithgow, out of Lithgow there is an exit to the left to Mudgee. From Mudgee it is sign posted, you then go through Gulgong (again a few signposted turns) to Dunedoo then onto Dubbo. I would have expected that way to be a little longer but definitely a nice drive. (Dunedoo is the closest to MBFNW you will get :P )
Old 28-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Taking her to meet your family ??? Lol..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #14
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Two slabs...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #15
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Taking that route, Go thru Lithgow, out of Lithgow there is an exit to the left to Mudgee. From Mudgee it is sign posted, you then go through Gulgong (again a few signposted turns) to Dunedoo then onto Dubbo. I would have expected that way to be a little longer but definitely a nice drive. (Dunedoo is the closest to MBFNW you will get :P )
Dunedoo.. my dad grew up there. Been back a couple of times to show me and see how much its changed.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Taking her to meet your family ??? Lol..
OOOOooooooo lol

nah she has a thing for tigers, mind you i think theyre awesome aswell. and ithought it would be somthing different. Nothin to do in sydney really
Old 29-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #17
david5

Im just up the road at Sunny Coonabarabran. Go the Lithgow way, much quicker.Back in the days of my youth, driving my XC, I went from Glebe to Coonabarabran in 4 hours & 15 mins, I was young & there were no speed cameras.

Cheers David
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #18
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
she has been on quite a few bseries cruises(everyone i have been on) and i have been with her for 4 years. Her mum knows how i drive and she knows i drive better then 80% of the rest of people in sydney... no im not bragging but im usually pretty damn good at picking lines around traffic and skipping through traffic(no i dont force my way through). i know where my limits are and im not planning on breaching them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
WELLL it couldnt have happened at a worse time.. im out of work and i have a 2 week bali trip booked in june which is supposed to be paid for by the end of this month but HEY!! cant give a guy a fckin break hey!

since my Excess is $900 im stuffed at the moment.. only upside to it is my front bar and grill will be replaced(maybe ill get an RTV grill) and my bonnet will be fixed and repainted

So the front bar is snapped, the grill is lookin pretty messed up although im not sure if its actually completely broken at all, just looks twisted and the front of the bonnet is dented in pretty bad..

your kidding yea?

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my god, its happened again, a person has lost all common sense... Ever wondered why its called an accident? i was driving in traffic doing 15-20kms, looked at the clock, looked back and it was completely backed up. Ac-ci-dent.. wan...
Old 29-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by david5
Im just up the road at Sunny Coonabarabran. Go the Lithgow way, much quicker.Back in the days of my youth, driving my XC, I went from Glebe to Coonabarabran in 4 hours & 15 mins, I was young & there were no speed cameras.

Cheers David

A local

Welcome to the forums David.
Old 29-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #21
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sweet, i love driving up to lithgow
not sure when ill be doin this but it will be done some time
Old 29-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #22
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
my god, its happened again, a person has lost all common sense... Ever wondered why its called an accident? i was driving in traffic doing 15-20kms, looked at the clock, looked back and it was completely backed up. Ac-ci-dent.. wan...
I've just spent a week in a safety course being told theres no such thing as an accident.

And it was an immediate fail if we used the words "common sense"...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #23
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if it wasnt done on purpose it was an accident. If the safety course was run by the RTA then theres ya problem and common sense wasnt relating to the accident itself, just the attitude of the comment