Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Baaastards!! Grrrr!!

Had some bad luck with my fiesta lately I have.

I washed it yesterday, and noticed a bent euro plate (Costing $95 to replace), and some lovely black scuff marks all over the front where someone had backed into it. The little circular thing that comes off under the drivers headlight was hanging off too. Anyways, easy fixed the plate and polished off the scuff mark, looking good again.

This morning, Go to get in the car, and the rear drivers side guard has a massive long scrapey dint thing from a seperate incident. Bout the size of a 20 cent piece and theres a liney dint which flows into yet another dint the size of a 5 cent piece... I can't beleive it. :
I dont give a shhiit if its just a Fiesta, I care about it and its my new car, arrsseholes just hit it and walk away, even when I try my best to park it away from idiots who dont care.. It aint fair, now I gotta fork out for a repair job, cuz i'll be buggered if im gonna leave it like that!! ing_sm

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
azza1
black zetec

bastards.. sorry to hear that mate.. if you need any advice on the best place to have it fixed, let me know. i'd be devastated if someone hit my baby, even if it was a Pink Hyundai. It's just not right is it?
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bad luck eh Danny, I get it too "Oh its just a small car" - well scuse me mr ********, it happens to be MY car and I paid good money and put a lot of effort into keeping it looking good!

Mine has one particular cosmetic issue atm but I wont admit it cos its my fault :. used the wrong product and lets just say a buffing machine is in order to fix my handywork. Slapped myself in the head for that one! :
Old 24-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
FlaminFiesta

thats sux mate just piad $310 to get the chips out , kit resprayed and the side/back trim painted its worth it

but the money sucks !!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch =x man that sucks big time =/ i tend to park at spaces where theres space on either side of me at uni (all my classes are nearly 2pm in the arvo :])
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
XSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
ouch =x man that sucks big time =/ i tend to park at spaces where theres space on either side of me at uni (all my classes are nearly 2pm in the arvo :])
Parking next to pillars helps - one side of the car that can't be pranged. Generally try to park passenger's side next to the pillar, as people normally open their driver's door - less risk of someone else opening their door into your car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

In my local shopping centre, i only park in one of three car spots. All three spots have a wall on one side and a post on the other
And they are like 100 meters from the shopping centre entrance, i never hear the end of it from my gf, she complains about walking that far. and for all you pricks out there wondering if shes a fat minger the answer is no,
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Bad luck eh Danny, I get it too "Oh its just a small car" - well scuse me mr ********, it happens to be MY car and I paid good money and put a lot of effort into keeping it looking good!

Mine has one particular cosmetic issue atm but I wont admit it cos its my fault :. used the wrong product and lets just say a buffing machine is in order to fix my handywork. Slapped myself in the head for that one! :
Not scotch brite?? Tell me you didn't wash you car with a scotch brite pad..A bloke at work just did that to his black Golf and i spent a day buffing out the scratches..
Old 25-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

hell no, not that stupid.

No I used a product that I thought you be safe to remove watermarks, turned out to be abrasive as hell and scratched the clearcoat rather badly.

:
Old 25-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #10
azza1
black zetec

have you tried using a good cuttting compound by hand.. I'd suggest Farecla G3 liquid. It should clean up your scratches.. I can tell you where to buy it in Nsw if you PM me your location
Old 25-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSR
Parking next to pillars helps - one side of the car that can't be pranged. Generally try to park passenger's side next to the pillar, as people normally open their driver's door - less risk of someone else opening their door into your car.
I always do. Always. This time the car was parked on its own in a solitary space, so someone has waked past it with something. f kin ell.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
marcosambrose

No offense but alot of 'parking lot' incidents happen because of:

a. housewives who cant drive properly to save thier lives, hit a pole or another car and say 'uh oh, better find another spot'.

b. ignorent arseholes who drive banged up cars, hit someone elses new car and drive off, they dont care because thier car is already a P.O.S

c. P-plate drivers (like me) who are too young and stupid to pay attention on the road and hit someone elses car because they aren't paying attention.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #13
theostheone

"marcosambrose"... mate speak for yourself... not all p plate drivers are stupid... are you trying to say that you are one of the ones not paying attention?

You may be young and stupid... but there is not need for stereotypes.

I would think that the real reason for car parking accidents is that when you have so many cars in close proximity, esp with things like shopping trolleys causing an obstruction, it is a simple matter of murphy's law. Something is bound to happen, and it is just unfortunate if it happens to be you. I spose its a case of the "wrong place at the wrong time".

If you really want to be incident free at carparks, the best thing to do is simply not use them, or maybe not use them in your area when you are around... no offense

Last edited by theostheone; 25-10-2005 at 10:03 PM.
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
hell no, not that stupid.

No I used a product that I thought you be safe to remove watermarks, turned out to be abrasive as hell and scratched the clearcoat rather badly.

:
got it buffed out today, still needs more work but its getting a full detail before AFD. Cant complain when it was free.
Old 19-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #15
elle
Starter Motor

Hey sorry to hear,
I too try to park away from the shops, with some sort of divider or space between my car and the next (ie. pole, concrete)... yet i came back the other day to find a nice new set of white stripes and a ding - on the side that had the 'divider'. Talk about ****ed - got it fixed that very arvo by a paintless dent remover and now its like new.

i couldn't stand to leave it - it was on the driver's side and i would have seen it each time i hopped in. unfortunately panther paint shows up any marks or dents easily.
elle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #16
Sonia

My car has a chunk taken out of the drivers door, caused by a barrier 'falling' onto my baby at a "Secure" parking place. Being a black car, kinda makes it EXTREMELY obvious.
After a week of debating, they have advised they will pay for the repairs, however, as a general rule, they accept no liabilty.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:41 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia
My car has a chunk taken out of the drivers door, caused by a barrier 'falling' onto my baby at a "Secure" parking place. Being a black car, kinda makes it EXTREMELY obvious.
After a week of debating, they have advised they will pay for the repairs, however, as a general rule, they accept no liabilty.
HAHAHHAHAHA, we just studied this at uni! There are certain conditions.... all depends on where they were etc etc etc.... at least your lucky!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #18
Sonia

I've not had a quote for the repair as yet, but Ford tell me that the paint protection alone on the door will be $330.00 - I can't wait to tell the parking guys
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #19
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my car for 2 weeks back in they day (2½ years ago now), park it at work and since I work for a company that supplies Ford you think people would be cautious about cars ect. On my passenger mouldings I have 5 dints in the plastic, I have no other choice but to replace it, people don't give a crap about their own cars or others. I think I should by a big bubble for my car, or keep doing what I do when I'm in a car park.....PARK IN ALL 4 PARKING SPOTS!
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #20
GROOV3
Rollin

i got black fez and have a couple dents form ****ers in carparks opening doors, not even worth looking into fixing, would cost to much :(
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 11:39 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia
I've not had a quote for the repair as yet, but Ford tell me that the paint protection alone on the door will be $330.00 - I can't wait to tell the parking guys
I sincerely hope you didnt pay for the paint protection when you bought the car - a $25 bottle of Meguiars will give you better protection than that crap they put on and claim to be oh so wonderful.
Old 23-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #22
GROOV3
Rollin

Quote:
I sincerely hope you didnt pay for the paint protection when you bought the car - a $25 bottle of Meguiars will give you better protection than that crap they put on and claim to be oh so wonderful.
never forget when i was looking at the sri barinas and stuff, and they got down to the last bit and ask if i wanted that im like nah man, and she is like ill do a demo no im liek nah thats ok but she insisted.

shows me some rock in a dish and shows a bottle of hydrocloric acid and goes watch this, puts a drip of the rock is fizzes eats away a little then goes ove rto a car and goes this bonnet has been protected puts a drop on and nothing happens see.

then proceddes to wipe the stuff of with her hand and a tissue, lol

would have to be dumb to belive that hahahaha
Old 23-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
never forget when i was looking at the sri barinas and stuff, and they got down to the last bit and ask if i wanted that im like nah man, and she is like ill do a demo no im liek nah thats ok but she insisted.

shows me some rock in a dish and shows a bottle of hydrocloric acid and goes watch this, puts a drip of the rock is fizzes eats away a little then goes ove rto a car and goes this bonnet has been protected puts a drop on and nothing happens see.

then proceddes to wipe the stuff of with her hand and a tissue, lol

would have to be dumb to belive that hahahaha
Exactly. Like ANYBODY would put acid on a car even if it has that crap on it.
The line they used on me was that it stopped scratches and chips too, made it harder to see etc. I knew the detailer whose job it was to apply it and they were doing a GT at the time, I asked the woman who sold the stuff to point out which panels had been done with the sealant so i could see the difference.

She kinda lost me when she pointed to the panel and said it was done, then the dealer said "no it's not".....
Old 23-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #24
GROOV3
Rollin

jsut get a bottle of turtle wax or the like, will be thicker than there crap, and still wont protect againts scratching and dents etc

oh well if you pay for that you deserve to be ripped off
Old 24-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #25
azza1
black zetec

Or if you can find some, Pyrmo Hard WAx, is a great protectant, but it's not being imported anymore as it's harmful to the environment.. Mother Nature aka Party Pooper.