Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Seperated at birth?

Has anyone made the same connection as I have???

2005 Kia Rio

2006 Ford Fiesta (Photoshopped front onto my car)

2005 Ford Fiesta

They do look very similar to me, The Kia looking more like the Facelifted Fez than the current one (and more to my distaste, fueling the popular idea by some of you that the new Fez looks Korean!).

Funny though, is that the 90's Kia Rio was rebadged in Oz as our Ford Festiva, and now they bring out a Rio that looks like a Fiesta. Coincidence? I dont know. But on the road coming toward you from afar warrants another look to make sure its not a Fez. The back looks entirely different however its just the front that shares a bit of a likeness. IMHO, the new Kia Rio looks OK. What do you think?

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Have you seen it on the street? Both two COMPLETELY Different cars....

If anything, i think the Clio, Fiesta and Swift look-a-like

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

(from my shotty memory) kinda looks like the liberty gt or the sedan fiesta in india :]
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Have you seen it on the street? Both two COMPLETELY Different cars....

If anything, i think the Clio, Fiesta and Swift look-a-like
Read what I wrote in my first post properly again. Note what I said about having to look twice when one comes toward you on the street.

Also, take note of the mirrors, the shape of the headlights, and the flared wheel arches. Theres no way that a swift looks more like a Fiesta than that Kia!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #5
simonr
Focus Rookie

first they copied the WRX then then fiesta lol

Whats next??
Old 11-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #6
FlaminFiesta

lol omg u see that ty wrx copy haha
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
Fez WQ

Diffence is KIA stands for Killed In Action , quite fitting for 11/11/05
Ford stands for First On Race Day , not quite sure what race day....
Ha HA
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #8
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Hey Danny, completly off topic... my work mate, Kate is getting some shifts at your work soon. Our work burnt down on Wednesday :(
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #9
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think a ford festiva and a kia rio are pretty much the same car.as in running gear an set up. so i guess alot of others are like that. just something for thought.
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Hey Danny, completly off topic... my work mate, Kate is getting some shifts at your work soon. Our work burnt down on Wednesday :(
Wow! Leah I didn't realise that you worked at the Kilsyth! I know Kate, I beleive she worked with us at some stage in the past and is still mates with people from our work so she got straight back in to Club Waz.

We're getting an influx from the Kilsyth disaster actually!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Wow! Leah I didn't realise that you worked at the Kilsyth! I know Kate, I beleive she worked with us at some stage in the past and is still mates with people from our work so she got straight back in to Club Waz.

We're getting an influx from the Kilsyth disaster actually!
Yeah I was at Club Kilsyth for a little over 4 years! Bit devistating, but life goes on. The hard part now is trying to find about 50-60 casual & full timers jobs! You'll probly be getting a heap over the next few weeks.
Old 14-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Yeah I was at Club Kilsyth for a little over 4 years! Bit devistating, but life goes on. The hard part now is trying to find about 50-60 casual & full timers jobs! You'll probly be getting a heap over the next few weeks.
We are, Actually, I'm working with Kate tonight, If you need a job at Club Warrandyte, there really shouldn't be a problem as we've already expressed our accomodation for those coming from club Kilsyth.
Old 14-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #13
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Thanks, but I think I'll be hanging around in our makeshift office for a while. I might even look at getting another office job outside of hospitality. Thanks anyway. Tell Katie i said hi.