Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Colour coded!! ! !

Well i decided to get my car colour coded a week ago, dropped all the parts around and finally today i got the call that eveyrthing was finally ready.

I got the bump strips down the doors painted and the boot strip (handle thing)

i didnt get the actual door handles painted because they are a mission to take off the car and in a year they would be scratched up anyway.

Final result ...??!!!

Looks fantastic, the colour of the car isnt broken up so much and it looks alot better.
will post up a couple pics in a little while hopefully.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Colour coded !!!!!!

sorry, they are only very small pics. from my phone.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

HOT HOT HOT seriously one of the best Colorado Fez's ive ever seen and now it looks even better. It looks slick and smooth and fully sick.

Great Job, U seriously are a trend setter, so im gonna get mine done and steal all the lime light from you because i am so jealous. HEHHEHEHEHHE

Cant wait to see it in the flesh. Good Work and keep the mods coming MR KINGS PARK CHIRPER :

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 08-11-2005 at 02:34 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
HOT HOT HOT seriously one of the best Colorado Fez's ive ever seen and now it looks even better. It looks slick and smooth and fully sick.

Great Job, U seriously are a trend setter, so im gonna get mine done and steal all the lime light from you because i am so jealous. HEHHEHEHEHHE

Cant wait to see it in the flesh. Good Work and keep the mods coming MR KINGS PARK CHIRPER :
Ohhh what about MInee!!?????? Its got alloys, Tint, Clear indicators and is lowered too!! :

Seriosuly mitch, id like to see some full pics before i make judgement, but from what i see it looks pretty good.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
0xyg3n

Mission to take door handles off ??

I can have mine off in less then 10 seconds a side. One screw on the side of the door need the lock holds em in. Undo that pull the bezel part off with the key hole and then pull the door handle like u normaly would to open the door and it falls out.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
FlaminFiesta

hey mate

i got mine done as well a high gloss black with the same grain it currently has looks so sweet !! when i get a chance i want to take pics but colour coded looks great!!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Colour coded

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Mission to take door handles off ??

I can have mine off in less then 10 seconds a side. One screw on the side of the door need the lock holds em in. Undo that pull the bezel part off with the key hole and then pull the door handle like u normaly would to open the door and it falls out.

hmm, i heard you had to take door trim off, and take the window out ! :( god damn.

ohh well im very picky with paint and i know if the handles were done my gf would scratch them up with her jewelry.

Loads of fun :
Old 10-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

scratch them up with her bling!!

Looks great. I'd try and chrome strip the boot handle personally, but either way it looks hot. Have toyed with this idea myself on the Focus for years.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
scratch them up with her bling!!

Looks great. I'd try and chrome strip the boot handle personally, but either way it looks hot. Have toyed with this idea myself on the Focus for years.

thanks !!

personaly i think it was look stunning on a zetec focus.
I wanted to get the boot plastic handle strip chromed but it would of been fair expensive and i think i would of just rathered colour coded in the end...

Oxygen, are you sure you dont have to remove window to remove door handles? i think it was you that told me this when you ''de locked'' your drivers side door.
If they are easy to remove ill send them to get painted :

Loads of fun :
Old 11-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #10
0xyg3n

nope u don't need to remove the window. I had pics and a guide of 4 easy steps to delocking a car. But its on my ****ed server that I haven't managed to fix yet. I'll get some new pics later today after work and post em up. I think ur cry when u see how easy it is hehe. I'll even show you how to put the handle back in.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

sweet thanks, in that case the guys at the bodyshop might get another booking in call from me.

Loads of fun :
Old 11-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
0xyg3n

Your so going to kick yourself when you see how easy this is. mitch_lx its almost as simple as changing the gear knob hehe.

1. Remove this screw.

2. Pull the door handle out abit. Then remove the cover over the lock like the 2 pics below.

3. Now just pull the handle like your opening the door. It should just pull out

Now to reinsert the handle its alittle different.
1. Look into the hole where the handle goes you should see a rod and screw. Push this down. On the drivers side it locks down but on the passenger side it doesn't so you need to hold it down on the left side of the hole with your finger or screw driver. So when you insert the handle its not in the way. If you don't push this down the handle will not unlock or lock the door.

Once pushed down it should look like this

2. Insert the handle with the front section first. Then replace the cover over the lock and replace the screw. Lastly just pull the handle once to free the rod you pushed down and the door should now unlock and lock perfectly.

Last edited by 0xyg3n; 11-11-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #13
FlaminFiesta

lol nice work mate ehehe

looks sweet

cant wait to see all the other car stuff at the cruisee
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Colour coded

*Kicks himself*

Loads of fun :