Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default I wish I was an undercover cop...

At the moment on the Sunny Coast, there's seems to be a breed of brand new moronic drivers getting round, with all new fads.

The one that ****es me off the most is when they run round at night with their lights off. It's like the drugs they take magically let them see perfect at night without having to have their lights on.

Blatant drink driving is the next one. I followed a Commodore ute from work to my wife's work (Maroochydore to Mountain Creek, about 10 kms) to pick her up and he had 2 stubbies in that time. (Yes, I could see him swigging his XXXX Gold rubbish)

The third and final one is people who also blatantly drive under the speed limit. Must be a trait from other states who are paranoid speed limit watchers, and decide thats how they have to drive.

Old 14-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
At the moment on the Sunny Coast, there's seems to be a breed of brand new moronic drivers getting round, with all new fads.

The one that ****es me off the most is when they run round at night with their lights off. It's like the drugs they take magically let them see perfect at night without having to have their lights on.

Blatant drink driving is the next one. I followed a Commodore ute from work to my wife's work (Maroochydore to Mountain Creek, about 10 kms) to pick her up and he had 2 stubbies in that time. (Yes, I could see him swigging his XXXX Gold rubbish)

The third and final one is people who also blatantly drive under the speed limit. Must be a trait from other states who are paranoid speed limit watchers, and decide thats how they have to drive.
Yes I totally agree with all of the above. I would suggest they sit an undercover car at Woombye school - there are major near misses here every day because of idiots who go through the stop sign.

Another thing that majorly annoys me and has been increasing lately is those disgusting pigs who insist on throwing rubbish and cigarette butts out the window when I am behind them on my motorbike - then they act as if nothing had ever happened when you pull up beside them at the lights.

The problem is that there arent enough Police officers on the Sunshine Coast.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I'd be stationed on the highway, pulling over the idiots that sit in the overtaking lane at the same speed as the traffic right next to them.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
The problem is that there arent enough Police officers on the Sunshine Coast.
Yep, not enough cops to cope with the millions of idiots we got here.

NB: millions is not an exaggeration...
Old 14-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
axeray

There aren't enough cops and the ones we do have are to busy filling in paperwork to be out on the roads.
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
I'd be stationed on the highway, pulling over the idiots that sit in the overtaking lane at the same speed as the traffic right next to them.
If you did that you'd be my hero 2hrs highway driving everyday for me and that doesnt take long to get really annoying. Then whats even worse is when they know you're annoyed at them so when they finally get past the car they dont bother changing lanes they speed up a bit till the next car so theres not even a chance of undertaking them [not the right thing to do but meh], then they slow down again when they reach the next slow car :

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
PoMmYwOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
If you did that you'd be my hero 2hrs highway driving everyday for me and that doesnt take long to get really annoying. Then whats even worse is when they know you're annoyed at them so when they finally get past the car they dont bother changing lanes they speed up a bit till the next car so theres not even a chance of undertaking them [not the right thing to do but meh], then they slow down again when they reach the next slow car :
oh mate that shts me real bad, i had this idiot in a jeep 4wd doing that infront of me on the m5 one day. He would be in right lane 15km under the limit, then passes a car, speeds back up to 5km under speed limit then slows down when overtaking, he kept this up for the next 5km or so,then there was a massive gap in left lane, so i waited for him to move over and nothin, so i went to the left lane and he decided to floor it, so i gave it a quick punch and shot past him and then changed back in right lane about 100m later to overtake a car in the left, then he sped up behind me and started flashing me then he moved into the left lane and slowed down to his normal 15km/h under.

wtf is with people seriously. Once i overtake i move over, how hard is that... as the OP said, i wish i was an UC sometimes...

06' Mazda SP23
5spd auto
Luxury pack
PoMmYwOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
NB: millions is not an exaggeration...
No it certainly is not! It seems to be getting worse too.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoMmYwOG
oh mate that shts me real bad, i had this idiot in a jeep 4wd doing that infront of me on the m5 one day. He would be in right lane 15km under the limit, then passes a car, speeds back up to 5km under speed limit then slows down when overtaking, he kept this up for the next 5km or so,then there was a massive gap in left lane, so i waited for him to move over and nothin, so i went to the left lane and he decided to floor it, ...
Very similar experience last time I drove from Mackay to Cairns. Was stuck behind a diesel Hilux doing about 90kmh. Then when an overtaking lane opened up, he would floor it. ( I could tell by the cloud of smoke exhausting from his tail pipe). Then as the lanes merged, he slowed to 90kmh again.
The next overtaking lane, he did the same thing, but this time, a little more caress of my XR6T's throttle and I was passed him. He then had the nerve to flash his lights at me until he slowed again.
He was only a small, elderly guy, but looked right out of "Deliverance".

Up here, it seems there is no typical f...wit driver. They come from all walks of life. But the most surprising are those driving work vehicles with their business' logos signwritten for all to see.
Old 14-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

There are few things that annoy me more then people speeding up as you overtake them, was ****ing down rain last night and i overtook a p plater in a VS SS commodore and for some unknown reason he though i was racing him. So he floored it, the rear end was stepping out all over the place and took off up the road at about 120 in an 80!!

Never a cop around when you need one......

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Sunshine coast has some shocking driving on the highway once you get north of Yandina I couldnt beleive the amount of old drivers doing 80 then when it gets to an overtaking lane they are back up to 100km back to single lane down to 80 again.
Here in Townsville we have one motorway and it is only double lane double lines all the way . the police have been announcing they will book people sitting under the speed limit with cars behind them it worked used to see dozens of cars doing 60 to 70km being held up by someone who shouldnt have a licence now on the way to work I can get up to 90 to 100 most days
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Whats the matter with under the limit driving? How far under are they driving?

5-10 ks under is nothing wrong with that with a limit of 60kph. 10-20kph at a limit of 100kph is OK.

The limit is a limit not the mandatory speed everyone has to travel at.
Old 14-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #13
Dragoneletra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, pretty keen drink driving in that area. Once apon a time I lost my licence for the same thing, well not really, as I had stopped drinking some time previously. Coppers are always busy there.

Jc

BFIII wagon, hoovered, scooped and dropped. Water/meth injected..
Getting the shopping done.....FAST
Build thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11307332

'69 XW Fairmont
bombed 351 cleveland
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244411

The reason I'll end up divorced
XE FALCON HEARSE build.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11452342
Dragoneletra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #14
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I drive at around 10-20km/h under the limit all the time. Whats wrong with that? If it was 10-20km/h over the limit, you'd be complaining too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
I drive at around 10-20km/h under the limit all the time. Whats wrong with that? If it was 10-20km/h over the limit, you'd be complaining too.
Are you the ice cream man?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #16
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are you the ice cream man?
I wish, but if I was, there'd be no ice cream left in the back because I'd have eaten it all before I could sell it :(
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #17
Hitman
Way over here

Quote:

Thats right, you just drive around doing any speed you like, people like me, that actually have a place to be will just have to wait for you to get out of the way. You're obviously more important that us mere mortals.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #18
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
LOL does it make it easier to survey the schools that way :
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #19
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Then whats even worse is when they know you're annoyed at them so when they finally get past the car they dont bother changing lanes they speed up a bit till the next car so theres not even a chance of undertaking them [not the right thing to do but meh], then they slow down again when they reach the next slow car :
I used to get this alot in the tow truck, thing was they were going the same way as me and I knew there would be a set of traffic lights coming up and one of them would have to be red at some point.

You'd run too if you saw a near 6" 110kg fella with a full handle bar mo jump out of a tow truck coming at you with a tension bar LOL :

I had one guy almost go into on comig traffic to get away and yet another decide at the last minute he wanted to turn right, even though the light was red.
Old 14-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #20
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
You will cop a fine for going under the limit by too much for holding up traffic :
Either way you get fined
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #21
CSV_LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR

You'd run too if you saw a near 6" 110kg fella with a full handle bar mo jump out of a tow truck coming at you with a tension bar LOL :

Yeah, the village people have always scared me... :ticking:
Old 14-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #22
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Quote:
20KM under speed limit is a bit to slow i think, : you must get a lot of annoyed drivers pull beside you, flashing lights, horns?????
Old 14-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #23
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, I go toward the left of the road to let people overtake and go into those little lanes to let people overtake you all the time, majority of my driving is 100km/h zones. Why bother wasting fuel just to get somewhere faster? Just leave earlier, simple.
Quote:

Old 14-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

the type of things i'v seen at work in mcdonalds in the drive thru you not only want to be an undercover cop but have a device that turns off cars (or people) remotely. i'v seen a guy come thru, two 3 or 4 year old kids in back, wife passed out from drinking in the front and the male not far from it with a bottle of jim beam drinking straight from the bottle, 2 kids not even strapped in seatbelts. i was about to jump out the window n take them inside, it made me that sick. but even if we see that we cant report it. not sure why tho.. ( i was bout to grab my mobile out n report it but it was flat..)
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #25
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Fair enough, i dont think there would bugger all much difference in fuel from sitting on 80 or 100.
Old 14-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #26
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTA
Fair enough, i dont think there would bugger all much difference in fuel from sitting on 80 or 100.
Even if there isn't the Bob Jane tyre guide thing says that it wears out the tyres less anyway haha, that's gotta be good for saving cash.
Quote:

Old 14-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #27
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Yeah, the village people have always scared me... :ticking:
Ye the indian was always right behind me with the cowboiy not far behind :

all together now

Yyyyyyyyyy

M

C

A
Old 14-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
CSV_LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Ye the indian was always right behind me with the cowboiy not far behind :

all together now

Yyyyyyyyyy

M

C

A

Old 14-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
Marduk
BFII XR6

20km is a bit excessive. I normally sit just under (1-2km) or just on the speed limit. I'm a Red P plater in a Red XR6 i'm going to have every cop in a 10km radius pointing his speed radar at me so anyone who has a problem with me sitting under the limit should tell someone who cares. I like my license and i'm going to keep it that way.
I must say it is funny coming up through the mountain. Put cruise control on sit on the speed limit you get tail gated like crazy on the straights but come the corners they slam the anchors and fall behind failing to corner at the speed limit .
Old 15-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #30
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You must feel real special, you are definatly posting in the wrong forums, you should be on the "i drive slow and am a good sumaritan" forums, you will be the star there, they might even give you a gold star...

Baa
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post