Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #751
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

As far as I know they all use VBox's. I've definitely heard of them refer to a V Box on numerous occasions.
Old 21-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #752
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
HSV Claimed 4.4s to 100kph and a 1/4 mile of 12.3. This was when the veil of secrecy was lifted at the beginning of August.

I am also curious about the NZ time. Its very quick and at least 2 tenths faster than anything tested in Australia. Maybe it was done going down hill lol.

Anyways a stock Rspec will stop the clock in under 4.5s. image
Yes but the 4.5rspec times r done with slower vtech timing. The faster times quoted by the mags earlier (GTS) were for some reason quoted using the faster drag strip timing lights.....good for 2-4tenths difference. (Faster) they've NEVER EVER done this before!
Maybe rodge can add this unanswered query to the list as the 'please explain'

As I've extensively explained here allready....if you apply simple maths.....these cars using the same timing will be VERY close.
On a track the more expensive tech laden GTS will be faster of course!
BUT you get what you pay for.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #753
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
^^ Are any of the Aussie mags using Vbox timing equipment ?
I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. Its certainly not that Autocar N.Z's times are consistently faster. Previous month's issue they tested the Mercedes--Benz E63 S which as we know has the 430 kw 800 nm engine and got very similar times to the GTS. 0-100 was 4.23 seconds from memory and about 2.3 seconds for the 80-120 split. These times are consistent with other mags testing.

Interestingly Mercedes-benz are blatant liars about their cars weight, (and not for the first time), and their E63 S came in at just on 2,000 kg's on the weighbridge with a full tank of petrol, 100 kg's more than the fully fuelled GTS and about 150 Kg's more than Mercedes claimed weight, all figures off memory.

Seeing as the Merc weighs 100 kg's more than a GTS and makes similar torque and the same claimed power why wouldn't their times be similar ?

I do agree that up till now HSV claims have always been lower than anyone else could replicate. Maybe with the rushed final development HSV undertook on the GTS they didn't have time to organise their usual 45 Kg race car driver jockey, 110 Octane race fuel and their usual 60 knot tailwind

Maybe Autocar belted it so hard over the whole week they had it, it was fully run-in at the end and the Aussie mags have had green engines in their brief envaluations ?...who knows... but any way you slice and dice it I think HSV deserve credit for the work they've done on the car.
Thing is rodge...early on I was seriously questioning the lack of any times despite mags and testers having the cars for over 3mnths...including strip and track days! Eventually there were times of 12.6 and 12.8 a few times but then the miraculous 12.2 popped up prompting me to show a vid or two of stock GTs and an F6 running 12.2s. Now this NZ time seems random...maybe.....I spose time will tell
Oh and that defects list is getting longer. Making the FG look very good
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #754
AD07

^^^^ still clutching at conspiracy theories........
4 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #755
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some dude on ls1 forums got a BLISTERINGLY high result of 391rwkw from a cam change and supercharger upgrade on his GTS. How is this bang for your buck power? Tune only FPV's with no modifications are making over 400rwkw. What a joke.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
4 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #756
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Some dude on ls1 forums got a BLISTERINGLY high result of 391rwkw from a cam change and supercharger upgrade on his GTS. How is this bang for your buck power? Tune only FPV's with no modifications are making over 400rwkw. What a joke.
Not that I wish to contribute to this so-called conspiracy, but a supercharger and cam upgrade? Perhaps the motors, in stock form, are already close-ish to their peak power capabilities before needing major re-work? Not exactly a bad thing when you consider the power they were already making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 forums
Re: Supercharged HSV? - Part 4
"Published on Nov 7, 2013

New Pre-Delivered VF GTS-LSA with a cam and supercharger upgrade prior to showroom delivery. Primary tune resulted in 391kw at the rear wheels. With the addition of larger injectors there is still some good gains to be made with a more aggressive tune."
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...rt-4&p=2100112

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_23eWgd7c

Last edited by Motorbreath310; 21-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #757
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Chevy must have sent HSV all the dud motors, 391rwkw from you'd assume a better supercharger and a better camshaft in a 6 litre V8 seems miserable. Especially when its a $100k+ car and a $50k 5 litre GS can crack 400rwkw with a tune.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #758
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

new VF SS with a bolt on whipple blower went 9.90@140mph a week after the shop got it, not to bad lol
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
4 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #759
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6 View Post
new VF SS with a bolt on whipple blower went 9.90@140mph a week after the shop got it, not to bad lol
Hmm they could do the exact same to a VE, I'd imagine......hello matte black SSV Sportwagon

Old 21-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #760
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
Not that I wish to contribute to this so-called conspiracy, but a supercharger and cam upgrade? Perhaps the motors, in stock form, are already close-ish to their peak power capabilities before needing major re-work? Not exactly a bad thing when you consider the power they were already making.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...rt-4&p=2100112

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_23eWgd7c
If you think hsv has bolted in a motor pushing its limits your in lala land. There are so many bolt ons and mods for these in the states it's not funny. The point was I think....a tuned GT makes more then an upgraded GTS with SC and cam. In this case at least.
Pretty clear
Old 21-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #761
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
If you think hsv has bolted in a motor pushing its limits your in lala land. There are so many bolt ons and mods for these in the states it's not funny. The point was I think....a tuned GT makes more then an upgraded GTS with SC and cam. In this case at least.
Pretty clear
I'm yet to see who did the work, but yeah you're not wrong. Green engine, though. You'd hope for 500kw or so once it's got some wear in it.

The Miami heads should be capable of flowing more than an LSX? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #762
BHDOGS
Banned

I laugh at the gts
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #763
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
I'm yet to see who did the work, but yeah you're not wrong. Green engine, though. You'd hope for 500kw or so once it's got some wear in it.

The Miami heads should be capable of flowing more than an LSX? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't they allready do w500 and smaller or similiar kits for the GTS now. Easy when the states does half the rnd on the engine for you
Walking ham may be the naming badge...not sure.

I'd be interested to see tune only...which makes the best power. They're both SC admittedly ones a bit more high tech but still.....they put out pretty close stock numbers as we've heard a million times.
I think I remember GTs close to 450rwkws I think? (390ish drive able tunes)
No way the old atmo hsvs were touching that!
Old 21-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #764
Chopped
as in chopped

stock vs stock, the media have recorded faster acceleration times with the HSV GTS than any FPV car.
(so far)

^ This can't be denied or ignored. No excuses, it is fact.

We all know the GT SC engine is a beast and has massive potential with a tune and other simple mods. I'd say it's a better engine than the LSA.

FACT : History will only record stock times, that is how it is.

There is still time for Ford to respond with a special model in the last of the GTs, fatter stickier tyres, tickle a little more power out of it and.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is rather depressing that in less than 36 months (maybe sooner) this era of Aussie muscle cars will end. Glad to have lived through it.
Old 21-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #765
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"We brought a brand new VF last week and built an LS3 with a our new 2.9l front entry Whipple Kit"

I think it's had more than just a bolt on and a tickle
Old 21-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #766
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
stock vs stock, the media have recorded faster acceleration times with the HSV GTS than any FPV car.
(so far)

^ This can't be denied or ignored. No excuses, it is fact.

We all know the GT SC engine is a beast and has massive potential with a tune and other simple mods. I'd say it's a better engine than the LSA.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is rather depressing that in less than 36 months (maybe sooner) this era of Aussie muscle cars will end. Glad to have lived through it.
I'd like to add other facts
- GTS times have been at the drags trip. (first time ever) non drags trip times have been a bit slower.
-Rspec/GT have been timed on streets/highways with vboxes
-the latest nz mags timed very fast but that's been questioned atm....hopefully well see soon.
So adjust the ussual differences between the two diff methods and bobs tour uncle.
Old 21-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #767
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
I'd like to add other facts
- GTS times have been at the drags trip. (first time ever) non drags trip times have been a bit slower.
-Rspec/GT have been timed on streets/highways with vboxes
-the latest nz mags timed very fast but that's been questioned atm....hopefully well see soon.
So adjust the ussual differences between the two diff methods and bobs tour uncle.
Hasn't it been stated in this thread that NZ Autocar timed with a vbox and
I'm guessing the time was done on a street as they have not quoted a 1/4 mile time (that I know of).

Maybe Rodge could scan the article and post it.

NZ Autocar state it's "...the quickest four-door production vehicle we’ve ever tested... "
Old 21-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #768
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
I laugh at the gts
so do I. especially when its compared to Euros. hey lets all for the fun of it compare a Ford Territory to a Toyota LandCruiser and see what response we get
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #769
The Monty
Just slidin'

VF GTS comes out - It will be slow!
Times start coming out - They are lying, wait till NZ Autocar do it, then it will be a fair comparison!
NZ Autocar times come out, lo and behold its blisteringly quick - They must have stuffed up, lets dispute it!

Gee guys, get a grip, this is worse then reading boost cruising.

The VF GTS hands down beats the GT 0-100, 1/4 mile time AND speed, and still awaiting to hear track times, but Im certain it will be faster than anything we produce. Grow up a bit guys and accept they have a very fast (expensive) car in there stables.
Old 21-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #770
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Im pretty sure that car is a cam and boost upgrade (pulley not supercharger) going by power torques facebook account but ran out of injector at 391rwkw. Injectors and intake are next mods
Old 21-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #771
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thing is rodge...early on I was seriously questioning the lack of any times despite mags and testers having the cars for over 3mnths...including strip and track days! Eventually there were times of 12.6 and 12.8 a few times but then the miraculous 12.2 popped up prompting me to show a vid or two of stock GTs and an F6 running 12.2s. Now this NZ time seems random...maybe.....I spose time will tell
Oh and that defects list is getting longer. Making the FG look very good
What defects list are you talking about? Any links?
Old 21-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #772
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Hasn't it been stated in this thread that NZ Autocar timed with a vbox and
I'm guessing the time was done on a street as they have not quoted a 1/4 mile time (that I know of).

Maybe Rodge could scan the article and post it.

NZ Autocar state it's "...the quickest four-door production vehicle we’ve ever tested... "
+1. Rodge can you scan the article
Old 21-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #773
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not bad for a first run lol, its an LS3 motor isnt it?
Old 21-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #774
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many commentators here actually own a Coyote powered Ford? Or do you just want power by association?

The Coyote motor deserves a better motor car around it, but let's face the facts...it's not going to happen any time soon.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
4 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #775
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Not bad for a first run lol, its an LS3 motor isnt it?
SS or a clubbie?
SS normally has and L98 6.0l
Old 21-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #776
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
SS or a clubbie?
SS normally has and L98 6.0l
I read this SS has and Ls3 with 2.9L whipple kit
Old 21-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #777
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Wow. 4 posts in a row, 5 on one page. All in less than an hour in a half. Don't like editing your original post huh?

This ain't twitter - you can write more than one sentence in a post 40RDT
Old 21-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #778
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
Wow. 4 posts in a row, 5 on one page. All in less than an hour in a half. Don't like editing your original post huh?

This ain't twitter - you can write more than one sentence in a post 40RDT
Haha yeah probably should, doesn't matter though
Old 21-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #779
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
VF GTS comes out - It will be slow!
Times start coming out - They are lying, wait till NZ Autocar do it, then it will be a fair comparison!
NZ Autocar times come out, lo and behold its blisteringly quick - They must have stuffed up, lets dispute it!

Gee guys, get a grip, this is worse then reading boost cruising.

The VF GTS hands down beats the GT 0-100, 1/4 mile time AND speed, and still awaiting to hear track times, but Im certain it will be faster than anything we produce. Grow up a bit guys and accept they have a very fast (expensive) car in there stables.
Nah tis ****
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #780
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Haha yeah probably should, doesn't matter though
no it does,nt matter. some people love to just find fault .
Closed Thread