Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #6961
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
Probs just a winning glow.... BTW, looking forwards to your reaction when he's re-elected for 4 more years!
Whatever he is on....I WANT IT! Check out his speeches before and after Covid, its not the same person. Pre covid he looked like he would fall over the lectern he was leaning on it that hard. Post covid he even has me excited. Woweee. Me thinks he was in hospital for treatment of another sort.

The election will be closer than most people think. I asked my sis living there to have an escape plan in case all hell breaks lose....her response? "Trump supporters are actually really nice people"
This user likes this post:
Old 14-10-2020, 12:56 AM   #6962
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
...Dr Fauci, has endorsed him in an un-fabricated campaign video.
I realise this comment was likely sarcastic - There is enough video of Dr Fauci approving the US Fed Govt approach to make his objection disingenuous.

Quote:
Speaking of 2nd wave, ...
Sweden...
There is no corresponding change in deaths to the Swedish 'Second Wave'.
I have not looked into hospitalisations.
Old 14-10-2020, 08:33 AM   #6963
Trevor 57
is now there

well, thanks to some local ****-wit who either went to Melbourne or has been in close contact with someone who has been to Melbourne (Chadstone shopping centre), we now have 3 active cases here in our regional Vict city.

Did they self-isolate - **** no, they visited about 4 eateries, went shopping at a number of places including Bunnings, got their hair cut, kept working at a retail outlet for at least 2 weeks

**** me, are people really that stupid????? Be ready for a big outbreak here - our rural community is about hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons
Old 14-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #6964
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
well, thanks to some local ****-wit who either went to Melbourne or has been in close contact with someone who has been to Melbourne (Chadstone shopping centre), we now have 3 active cases here in our regional Vict city.

Did they self-isolate - **** no, they visited about 4 eateries, went shopping at a number of places including Bunnings, got their hair cut, kept working at a retail outlet for at least 2 weeks

**** me, are people really that stupid????? Be ready for a big outbreak here - our rural community is about hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons
Just like a pair of morons who flew to Melbourne for some as yet unspecified activities, then flew to Sydney and then flew to Brisbane to hide their Melbourne trip. They went about spreading C19 throughout the southern suburbs of Brisbane.... and .... we Brisbanians and Queenslanders we are all mad as hell, but we dealt with the issue, contact tracing, massive testing and we got on with life - no lockdowns.

Protect the most vulnerable, test for the virus, take reasonable self precautions and, learn to live with it, it is not the end of the world.

Look on the bright side you’ve got the trigger happy lockdown guru i.e. Dan Andrews, he’s there ready to help

Finally, if you want to eradicate stupidity, then 99.9999999999999% of the people on the planet should be eradicated, have you ever done anything remotely stupid?
Old 14-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #6965
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
**** me, are people really that stupid????
I presume that's a rhetorical question given that we've already been provided with plenty of proof that some people are selfish morons.

I gather this little cluster is related to the Chadstone one despite being more than 200 km away so strike another victory for the ring of steel cotton wool.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #6966
Trevor 57
is now there

Yep spot on Russell, it is the Chadstone stream

It appears to be 3 members of one family, one of whom went back to work AFTER being tested by a local Doctor - FFS, don't these people get it?

Who is going to pay the financial losses of the businesses they attended? Let alone the trauma inflicted on the local community
Old 14-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #6967
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Protect the most vulnerable, test for the virus, take reasonable self precautions and, learn to live with it, it is not the end of the world.
says you without the slightest clue of what ailments my family has that puts 4 of them in the high risk category, 3 of whom are under 40
Old 14-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #6968
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
says you without the slightest clue of what ailments my family has that puts 4 of them in the high risk category, 3 of whom are under 40
Where did I use age as a criterion for protecting the most vulnerable?
5 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #6969
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

I'm surprised that they didn't visit a few aged care facilities and the South Coast of NSW whilst they were about it. Seems to be the norm
Old 14-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #6970
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Just like a pair of morons who flew to Melbourne for some as yet unspecified activities, then flew to Sydney and then flew to Brisbane to hide their Melbourne trip. They went about spreading C19 throughout the southern suburbs of Brisbane.... and .... we Brisbanians and Queenslanders we are all mad as hell, but we dealt with the issue, contact tracing, massive testing and we got on with life - no lockdowns.

Look on the bright side you’ve got the trigger happy lockdown guru i.e. Dan Andrews, he’s there ready to help

Finally, if you want to eradicate stupidity, then 99.9999999999999% of the people on the planet should be eradicated, have you ever done anything remotely stupid?
Except the 2 morons had their names and faces plastered all over the media, I think they were in hiding more than voluntarily isolating.

NSW a couple of days ago had two GPs that tested positive. What are the odds that it doesn't cause a cluster? Seems miraculous that it just ends with the two GPs.

Track and trace is one piece of the puzzle, and it sounds like other states are doing it really well. But then how do you stop these people from leaving their isolation and spreading? Something doesn't add up. The chaddy cluster was due to a person going to work who shouldn't have been, nothing to do with track and trace.

On the Shepparton front, imagine if we had an effective track and trace app
Old 14-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #6971
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Except the 2 morons had their names and faces plastered all over the media, I think they were in hiding more than voluntarily isolating.
That one one struck me as being very strange.

As it's the only time I've seen since the plague started that anyone has their names and photo's in the media.
Old 14-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #6972
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

To be fair, the articles I read (one of them here) state that the person (from Melbourne) had a work permit to travel into regional vic and was a contact of a member of the Chadstone cluster but did not know he was infected (presumably had no symptoms). Bit hard to self-isolate when you don't know you've been exposed to the virus and are not showing any symptoms.

What does concern me with their actions tho, is that they appear to not have acted in a COVID-safe way (infecting people in both Kilmore and Shepparton), visited at least three different towns (Kilmore, Benalla and Shepparton) and appears to have taken the opportunity to do some personal shopping whilst in those locations.

High risk locations in Shepparton
Map Location Exposure period
1 Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street 07/10/2020, 9.30am-10.30am
2 Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Wednesday 30 September 2020 to Tuesday 13 October 2020
3 Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street 07/10/2020, 7.00pm-8.30pm
4 Bunnings Warehouse, Midland Highway 02/10/2020
5 McDonalds Shepparton North 03/10/2020
6 Lemon Tree Café, Fryers Street Shepparton
7 Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre, Midland Highway 8/10/2020
8 Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar 4/10/2020 and 11/10/2020

But the biggest concern is that they didn't disclose that they had been to other towns other than Kilmore until yesterday! Bloody hard for authorities to contact trace if the person doesn't disclose where they've been.

Having said all that, Trev, I appreciate that none of that makes the potential impact upon you and your family any easier. Hope it all goes well for you.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 14-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #6973
Trevor 57
is now there

It appears that the Shepparton outbreak is a result of the person who went to Kilmore then Benalla, but didn't tell the authorities that they came to Shepparton too

I get the feeling it was a delivery driver of some sort - not sure. But I reckon the Police are going to fine him for not declaring that he had been to Shepp as well.

The Government is saying that if the declared Shepp at the same time as Kilmore they would have handled it like Kilmore and it would have been controlled

And now it appears my wife has had contact with a person who has been to one of those locations (restaurant) on that particular day FFS!!!!
Old 14-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #6974
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 13th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

30 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR stays at 3.292% while active cases increase to 1,381. NSW recorded 13; WA recorded 7 cases, SA recorded 1, with the balance in Victoria. It should be noted that test numbers were well down yesterday.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average (excluding today) is now back up to 11.43 with metro falling to 9.6 (14 unknown) and regional up to 0.6 with no unknown cases
(including today). Victoria reported 7 new cases for the last 24 hours.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.334% and active cases drop to 39.

The UK had 17,234 new cases yesterday, their 2nd highest recorded. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 143 deaths.

Just over 46.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 323 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.737% and active cases drop to 32.8% with the raw numbers falling but still over 2.6M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 120M, India 88M, UK 28M, Mexico 2M and Spain 14M tests;
Sweden passes 100k cases;
Asia passes 12M cases;

Albania (182); Bulgaria (785); Libya (1,164); the UAE (1,315); Jordan (2,054); Canada (4,042); the Netherlands (7,378) and Russia (13,866) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #6975
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
That one one struck me as being very strange.

As it's the only time I've seen since the plague started that anyone has their names and photo's in the media.
I think that is because they were also involved in a crime spree. Weren't they stealing luxury branded bags or something?
Old 14-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #6976
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 14-10-2020, 01:13 PM   #6977
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

If you that worried lock yourself in your house until they find a vaccine, getting sick of whingers who think they know more than what is actually happening.
You should know we don't live in a perfect world.
Old 14-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #6978
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
If you that worried lock yourself in your house until they find a vaccine, getting sick of whingers who think they know more than what is actually happening.
You should know we don't live in a perfect world.
nice! You must be a millennial?

Did you see the bit where I said my wife (who is immune suppressed) has been in contact (more than once) with one of the people at a cafe when that infected piece of **** was there?

But you don't care coz you are invincible and don't give a **** about those who are not invincible. I feel very sad that we are leaving the world to people like you

Last edited by Trevor 57; 14-10-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 14-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #6979
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
On the Shepparton front, imagine if we had an effective track and trace app
amazing, isn't it, no-one seems to be talking about the all being COVID app, I was talking to my wife about it last night. Might as well delete it off our phones
Old 14-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #6980
tweeked
N/A all the way

double post

Old 14-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #6981
tweeked
N/A all the way

I would say that statement should be “ Imagine if people used the tracking app provided “ It’s there, it’s easy to use, but too hard for most.

Old 14-10-2020, 02:36 PM   #6982
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 13th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

30 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR stays at 3.292% while active cases increase to 1,381. NSW recorded 13; WA recorded 7 cases, SA recorded 1, with the balance in Victoria. It should be noted that test numbers were well down yesterday.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average (excluding today) is now back up to 11.43 with metro falling to 9.6 (14 unknown) and regional up to 0.6 with no unknown cases
(including today). Victoria reported 7 new cases for the last 24 hours.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.334% and active cases drop to 39.

The UK had 17,234 new cases yesterday, their 2nd highest recorded. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 143 deaths.

Just over 46.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 323 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.737% and active cases drop to 32.8% with the raw numbers falling but still over 2.6M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 120M, India 88M, UK 28M, Mexico 2M and Spain 14M tests;
Sweden passes 100k cases;
Asia passes 12M cases;

Albania (182); Bulgaria (785); Libya (1,164); the UAE (1,315); Jordan (2,054); Canada (4,042); the Netherlands (7,378) and Russia (13,866) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.
Out of interest, Russ, do you have the worldwide new cases figure? I'm assuming it's less than the previously reported daily highs, but would be interested to see how it is tracking.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 14-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #6983
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Check out his speeches before and after Covid, its not the same person.
You might be correct. Some secret leaked news going around is saying Donald Trump had died of COVID on the 8th of October, and the person you see now, is his exact double!

That drive by he did outside the hospital was him waving goodbye to his supporters. He died a few days later. But the Trump double was put into action a couple of days before DT's death.

Apparently one big mouthed deep state member has spilt the beans. They're trying to stop the media from reporting on this, and looks like they've succeeded, as none of the MMS are reporting (as yet) that the real Donald Trump has died of COVID.
Old 14-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #6984
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I would say that statement should be “ Imagine if people used the tracking app provided “ It’s there, it’s easy to use, but too hard for most.
If you develop a product that has no users, you can't point the finger at the market. As sad as it is, it all came down to trust. $72m down the drain. Isn't that amazing. Citizens can't trust their own government to use an app that could help save their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
You might be correct. Some secret leaked news going around is saying Donald Trump had died of COVID on the 8th of October, and the person you see now, is his exact double!
Ehhhhh that is some extreme conspiracy there......but I must admit, some of the stuff going around does get you pondering. But that is how conspiracies start, there is an ounce of reality to make it seem believable. It can't be that hard to confirm, DNA, voice analysis, imaging etc. So nup, I don't believe it. But I do think he is pumped up full of something that we haven't been told about.

Vote of no confidence failed (miserably) overnight - good, go back to focusing on the response.

SOE extended until April - Sounds ok?

Omnibus bill passed - don't know a lot about this, but have heard quite a bit of noise about the powers to forcefully detain infected people if they flout isolation rules. Apparently this has been watered down. Not sure where I sit with this. Surely there has to be ramifications if you know you are infected and choose to go spread it? Is it your human rights to go spread a high infectious disease that has killed over 1m people worldwide? mmmmmm

Sounds like we are going to get some social restrictions easing this weekend - good. But businesses might have to wait a bit longer -
Old 14-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #6985
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

That drive by he did outside the hospital was him waving goodbye to his supporters. He died a few days later. But the Trump double was put into action a couple of days before DT's death.

Apparently one big mouthed deep state member has spilt the beans. They're trying to stop the media from reporting on this, and looks like they've succeeded, as none of the MMS are reporting (as yet) that the real Donald Trump has died of COVID.
Yeah they have had Alec Baldwin practising for years. He disappeared on the 7th, so I guess that is confirmed.

3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2020, 08:49 PM   #6986
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something that doesn't get talked about.... Why?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-for-covid-19

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 14-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #6987
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
amazing, isn't it, no-one seems to be talking about the all being COVID app, I was talking to my wife about it last night. Might as well delete it off our phones
It never suited everybody. I had it on my phone but my phone is old and having to have Bluetooth on at all times and the app working meant battery life was severely reduced.

My kids are both type 1 diabetic. Bluetooth interferes with their insulin pumps and blood sugar testing equipment.

Everyone's situation is different.

I also live in a state where it isn't really required. S.A.is basically back to normal.
Old 14-10-2020, 09:12 PM   #6988
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
It never suited everybody. I had it on my phone but my phone is old and having to have Bluetooth on at all times and the app working meant battery life was severely reduced.

My kids are both type 1 diabetic. Bluetooth interferes with their insulin pumps and blood sugar testing equipment.

I also live in a state where it isn't really required. S.A.is basically back to normal.
A poorly thought out app, a waste of taxpayers money. Does the app diagnose positive people ? or why then are those that have been diagnosed and show on the app walking around (are they not quarantined).
Old 14-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #6989
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

Except you can’t stand up and drink a beer yet

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 14-10-2020, 10:09 PM   #6990
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
Except you can’t stand up and drink a beer yet
Trust a territorian to chime in