Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #6871
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

You can bet your bottom dollar that when VIC restrictions are eased, and IF there happens to be another big outbreak of cases in VIC, the other side will be asking for the resignation of Andrews, once again.

It's all just a political ****fight really.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Look what happened in QLD and WA a bit over a week ago. Just as the QLD borders were starting to open up, Scotty decided to remove ADF troops from the border control checkpoints! But left them at the NSW and SA borders??

At a time when you'd think the ADF support is required most at the border checkpoints, Morrison removed them from the QLD and WA (Labor states) borders. I don't align myself to either party, but Morrison and the LNP have used this pandemic for political gain like I have never experienced before. But if anything, it has backfired to an extent.
4 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #6872
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I'm concerned the only place that has any real requirement for the ADF is on the VIC borders and that should hopefully only be for a few more weeks.

The rest of the country should be open to eachother.

I don't think we can do this really hard lockdown thing again though. Hopefully we won't have to.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2020, 11:11 PM   #6873
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
As far as I'm concerned the only place that has any real requirement for the ADF is on the VIC borders and that should hopefully only be for a few more weeks.

The rest of the country should be open to eachother.

I don't think we can do this really hard lockdown thing again though. Hopefully we won't have to.
I can move freely between NSW and Victoria with the current bubble arrangement.

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #6874
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

My sister and her hubby live in Craigieburn. My sister's godmother passed away last week and the funeral is in Sale tomorrow. The funeral house provided them with a letter stating that they need to attend the funeral, in case they get asked by police as to what they are up to out of the metro area.

My sister tells me they need to comply with the metro restrictions whilst they are here, including things like only leaving the house where they are staying for 2 hours a day for exercise, no travelling more than 5km form the place they are staying (except travel to and from their home to place of stay), etc.

However, my sister only found this out by contacting the COVID hotline. If they had not done that, there was no mechanism for them to know what the rules were.

I would have thought there would have been more of a formal process than that?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 08-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #6875
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:56 GMT October 7th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

9 new cases for Australia and 2 deaths so the CMR climbs to 3.300% while active cases drop to 1,348. NSW recorded 3, and WA recorded 1 case with the balance in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 11.0 with metro at 9.7 (14 unknown) and regional up to 0.4 and no unknown cases. Victoria reported 11 new cases for the last 24 hours.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.343% and active cases fall to 37.

The UK had a slightly lower 14,162 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 70 deaths.

Just under 48.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 820 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.793% and active cases drop to 33.3% with the raw numbers rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 337,502;
Brazil passes 5M cases;
Asia passes 11M cases;
The USA completes 114M, India 82M, UK 26M. Italy 12M and Colombia 4M tests;
Europe recorded a new daily high of 83,011 (6/10);

Bulgaria (437); Lebanon (1,459); Morocco (2,766); Romania (2,958); Poland (3,003); Nepal (3,349); Ukraine (4,753); Czechia (5,338); Argentina (16,447) and France (18,746, the previous high on July 23rd) recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 08-10-2020 at 11:52 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #6876
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Free and being distributed by the Military. That means Military presence in every major city on the eve of an election. Timing is everything.

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2020, 06:15 PM   #6877
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

[QUOTE=CoupeKing;6499451]

What a **** head, retarded being he is. Covid to keep topic.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 08-10-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #6878
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Testing positive means nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpWwQcQwr3o

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 08-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #6879
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Free and being distributed by the Military. That means Military presence in every major city on the eve of an election. Timing is everything.

yep as i said two pages back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
interesting as since hearing of this ive felt its just another trump stunt my self
almost feel theres going to be a miraculous recovery (with an agenda)

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2020, 08:25 PM   #6880
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I guess my original question has sort of been answered about the Trump and Covid. True to form, he's doubled down.

If I am being honest I am really confused about WTF is going on here.

Is it a big fake from the beginning, really a mild case, lucky with the treatment, or is he doing a victory lap way too early
Old 08-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #6881
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

(e.) All of the above?

If I had a green card I’d vote for you, comrade.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 08-10-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #6882
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

It was the 'October Surprise' we've been expecting. The writing was on the (Mexican) wall.

Trump fakes catching the 'fake' virus. Has a miraculous/fake recovery. Followed by offering everyone free/fake treatment AFTER the election.

In other words, please vote for me if you don't want to die.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #6883
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Now we've all had fun for the morning can we get back on topic.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:46 PM   #6884
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 8th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

24 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.297% while active cases rise to 1,358. NSW recorded 12 (more than Victoria) and WA recorded 2 cases with the balance in Victoria.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is now 10.93 with metro at 9.4 (12 unknown) and regional at 0.4 and no unknown cases. Victoria reported 11 new cases for the last 24 hours.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.341% and active cases rise to 39.

The UK had a new record 17,540 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 77 deaths.

Just under 50k new cases in the USA yesterday and 929 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.787% and active cases drop to 33.1% with the raw numbers rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 348,247;
The USA completes 115M, India 83M, Russia 49M and Peru 4M tests;
Europe recorded a new daily high of 92,238 (7/10);

Bosnia (453, the previous high on 31/7); Croatia (542);
Bulgaria (576); Moldova (1,121); Tunisia (2,357); Morocco (2,929); Romania (3,130); Belgium (3,577); Poland (4,280); Nepal (4,364); Iran (4,392); Indonesia (4,850); Czechia (5,397); Ukraine (5,397); Netherlands (5,822) and the United Kingdom (17,540) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #6885
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In plain sight:

2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #6886
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In plain sight:

Jesus Christ. I haven't been following this conspiracy, but every few weeks it seems more like something deeper is going on.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #6887
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Well I guess my original question has sort of been answered about the Trump and Covid. True to form, he's doubled down.

If I am being honest I am really confused about WTF is going on here.

Is it a big fake from the beginning, really a mild case, lucky with the treatment, or is he doing a victory lap way too early
You would be confused if you lapped up the media and governments 24/7 fear mongering. Fear that has seen people believe they’re going to curl up and die if contracting the virus, or if venturing more than 5km from their house during lockdown.

The only confusing part about it is those towing the official Covid 19 narrative are labeling anyone asking questions or having alternative opinions as conspiracy theorists. Yet they’re the ones throwing around all sorts of theories regarding trump having the virus. I thought we are suppose to swallow whatever **** the government feeds us no questions asked. When it suits hey
4 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #6888
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
In plain sight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Jesus Christ. I haven't been following this conspiracy, but every few weeks it seems more like something deeper is going on.
Well this is by far the most damning evidence I have seen.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #6889
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Old 09-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #6890
.:4:.
Kicking back

I went to the doctors today. I havent seen a doctor in years. But since covid, its very different. First you wait outside, there are signs saying if you are sick, do not attend, which is kinda why most see a doctor. I wasnt sick, then the lady from the front desk comes out to find out your appointment etc. Then the doctor calls your mobile, asks a stack of questions as to why youre there, then you go in and see them. So what do you have to do if you are actually sick?
5 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #6891
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Woops, Brad, New World Order !

Old 09-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #6892
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I went to the doctors today. I havent seen a doctor in years. But since covid, its very different. First you wait outside, there are signs saying if you are sick, do not attend, which is kinda why most see a doctor. I wasnt sick, then the lady from the front desk comes out to find out your appointment etc. Then the doctor calls your mobile, asks a stack of questions as to why youre there, then you go in and see them. So what do you have to do if you are actually sick?
Had a funny one this morning when I went to a chemist and asked for a Ventolin which I occasionally need, of course everywhere you are required to wear a mask.
Anywhere else it's in, ask, here you go and out.
Nah not this place, they wanted me to experience their long winded expertise in health care upselling, keeping me waiting while I was the only one in there.
They finally get around to ask me, have you been breathing normally lately, to which I replied no.
Shocked, they asked why is that so to which I replied because I'm wearing a mask sitting in here for the last 20mins which has been effecting my breathing.

Last edited by roKWiz; 09-10-2020 at 06:00 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #6893
Work Horse
Budget Racer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GMjH1nR0ds
Old 09-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #6894
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Woops, Brad, New World Order !
No, it’s new “dumb people” order !
Old 09-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #6895
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
No, it’s new “dumb people” order !
Yes, Brad and Glady.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #6896
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Had a funny one this morning when I went to a chemist and asked for a Ventolin which I occasionally need, of course everywhere you are required to wear a mask.
Nah not this place, they wanted me to experience their long winded expertise in health care upselling, keeping me waiting while I was the only one in there.
They finally get around to ask me, have you been breathing normally lately, to which I replied no.
Shocked, they asked why is that so to which I replied because I'm wearing a mask sitting in here for the last 20mins which has been effecting my breathing.
Ahhh, i should have played the game then. One question the doc asked pre being allowed in was am i feeling ok? Well, one reason i was there was the dull ache in my left arm that was present the whole time when my left arm stopped working a few years back. But the other reason i was there was important enough to not create undue hysteria.
But getting grilled over ventolin, thats a bit silly. My kid is a pretty bad asthmatic. So the asthma attacks he has had in the covid period and ended up in hospital, the first thing they do is shove a swab up his nose to tickle his brain and then pump him full of ventolin. Its not flu like symptoms, its a kid who is blue in the face because he cannot breathe. And my kid has a loyalty card for westmead childrens hospital. He jumps the triage que and every 10th visit is free.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #6897
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must be true even ACA states the New World Order
https://youtu.be/VO7Ky15iiWo
and we all know ACA only tells the truth

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 09-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #6898
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
The scheduling has changed for OTC supply of Ventolin since the 1st of October. You have to have visible symptoms or a history of asthma medications being prescribed. So while you might not like it they were just doing their job.

Between March and October (since the bushfires and Covid) you had to have a proven history whether you had symptoms or not. People stocked up like they did with toilet paper causing shortages. So limits had to be imposed.

Last edited by naddis01; 09-10-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #6899
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Just heard on the news that the WHO has recorded the largest single day new case tally of over 338,000.

Seems like the northern hemisphere winter is starting to have an impact.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 10-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #6900
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
The scheduling has changed for OTC supply of Ventolin since the 1st of October. You have to have visible symptoms or a history of asthma medications being prescribed. So while you might not like it they were just doing their job.

Between March and October (since the bushfires and Covid) you had to have a proven history whether you had symptoms or not. People stocked up like they did with toilet paper causing shortages. So limits had to be imposed.
Yes, well aware of the obvious.
And no, Its has never worked liked that in different states. I have had Asthma since I was 11 (40 something years) and have been prescribe Ventolin and before that Intal for years because of Lactose / exercise induced Asthma.
A lot depends on which state you are buying it in as to what is required for purchase.
NSW used to have a little card you carried, where as Victoria just required an address. ACT was a simple sight of drivers licence. QLD was different again.

I just thought it was funny keeping me there so long wearing a mask in their premises for no reason and asking if I could breath Ok but you missed the point.

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread