Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 15-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
yueses

Default My First Ford...

Hey Guys,

I bought my first ford, after converting from Holden mid-way thru last year. I bought an 04 BA XR6, mercury silver, with sunroof, premuim sound and the 18inch XR8 rims, thanks to a mate who upgraded to 20'' rims on his awesome ute.

The car is amazing, yeah it had a few little bugs that got fixed under warranty- but its such a nice car!!!

-I have been thinking about minor modifications to give it a unique look, like get a plain bootlid without the spoiler, upgrading the exhaust to give it some growl- but dont want it to sound like its pretending to be an XR8...! and lowering it to give it a tougher look... ive already got the tint done but thats it lol!

* im just wondering if anyone here has done anything to their mercury silver XR, and can load a pic for me or point me in the direction of a relevant thread???

* With lowering, apart from springs do i need camber kits or anything?? Does anyone know a good reliable place in melb to get it done? perhaps in the east side of town??

Im a new member to the forums and look forward to getting to know some of u and seeing ur cars on a cruise ;)

ANY feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!! cheers!

yueses is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hi and welcome !!!!

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a Mercury one that has had mods done to it that are on the forums.

Probably your best place to start is the B-Series section on the forums. There's a heap of members, and you're bound to find a mercury one there......

We're down at Hastings this Sunday, and then at the island for the Island Classic on the Labour Day long weekend, and a club run on March 30th, so feel free to stick your head in and say hi - ohh and that goes double for the meetings- first tuesday of the month at the Elgin Inn in Hawthorn - feel free to swing by.

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post