Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
trbo 6

Default Extractors and exhaust for XR8 Ute

G'day peoples,

I've just got myself an AU XR8 ute and I'm now looking for a good set of extractors and going to make up an exhaust myself. I've called a few people and a couple of them have said that the 302 windsor doesn't like to be opened up to much and that I should stick with twin 2.25". I'm not to sure about this though. My thinking was to get extractors with 2.5" outlets and have twin 2.5" exhaust right through to the back, 2 100cpi ballistic cats and a straight through muffler.

Can someone shed some light on the best setup and maybe suggest a place to grab the headers. Oh and the car is basically stock besides a K&N Pod filter, but I will be getting a Xcal3+tune once the exhaust is done.

Thanks in advance!

trbo 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
trbo 6

Bump! I've just come across a set of pacemaker headers for $450, are these a major improvement over the factory extractors? Or should I just cut the cats off the extractors and bolt up my exhaust to them?
trbo 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post