Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
hlourens
Starter Motor

Default Reverse Juddering when steering turned - HELP!

Hoping someone can help - 2006 fiesta lx 1.6l manual.

Having a problem where when trying to reverse into or out of a parking spot. Once the steering is turned to lock or near full turn, the car judders or jerks backwards, sometimes quite violently.

Seems to happen more often when the car is hot or after a long drive, sometimes (very rarely) get the same thing but also very faintly when pulling off in first gear.

Its not dropping the revs too low, because when this first started I would push the clutch back in and get the revs up a bit higher before backing out (particularly on inclines), but this just magnifies the problem.

Taken it to the dealer twice now, as it is still under warranty - but they say it doesn't happen for them when testing and can't find any issues. I'm at the end of my wits because I dread going to the shops after work now for fear of not being able to get in or out of a parking spot.

It happens so often but then on the day when I take it to the dealer - just won't do it.

Any ideas?

hlourens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Sounds like the common clutch problem.

Take it back to the dealer and take the technician for a drive. Find a place close to the dealership where you can replicate the problem.

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
hlourens
Starter Motor

ok did that this avo... Couldn't get it to do it for the mechanic.... but we spoke about the clutch and he reckons even if the clutch is the problem, if its replaced, it will still have the same issue as the juddering is normal.

I don't think he gets quite how bad it can be...

Do you have some more info on whats causing the problem - when you say the common clutch issue, what causes it?
hlourens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post