Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
MCEF95
EF95

Default LPG rebate - how it works

I have had my EF on waiting list since August and I have just been told that the Kit is in next month. I have researched the how the grant works and the procedures to getting the $2000 back.

1. Get the conversion done. Obtain an invoice from the installer. IMPORTANT!!!!!! MUST STATE PAID IN FULL ON THE INVOICE!!!!!!!!
The installer will issue a LPG gas certificate and an invoice.

2. Take LPG Certificate to transport dept. or RTA.

3. Go to Medicare or centrelink to get forms. do this prior to the completion of the installation . You may be able to go through the paper work with your installer. Go back to Medicare or Centrelink to lodge the forms.

4 The processing of the paper work takes normally 10 working days. And the money is a direct debit to your nominated account.

This may help with a few uncertainties with process.

MCEF95 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

its great that someone cleared that up,. i thought it comes back in ur tax return

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

efgiar, there are plenty of threads about this in the LPG forum, and about 4 mins of researching would have cleared up any problems you had with the LPG rebate scheme.

Thanks for the info MCEF95, but there is an LPG forum that this kind of thread should be posted in.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
peterban
AULTD

You can download the forms from the gov. website or get them from installer.
Also don't forget your rego papers as well as they will not process the application without them.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
efgiar, there are plenty of threads about this in the LPG forum, and about 4 mins of researching would have cleared up any problems you had with the LPG rebate scheme.

Thanks for the info MCEF95, but there is an LPG forum that this kind of thread should be posted in.
well from what I remember, I wasnt looking into buying an LPG system and not interested in getting one in the near future, so i wasnt that keen to look into it but it was at my disposal so there

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
MCEF95
EF95

Yeah i saw that after i posted it. I have a ef falcon and I thought others would be interested in this info. But I will not waste your time and force you to click the mouse on this thread. Sorry for being so inconsiderate.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
MCEF95
EF95

Appreciate that you got something from it efgia
Old 09-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Gas if for B.B.Q.s anyway !!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
dansince86

ide go gas in a flash if they did straight gas conversions only,every place ive called only does dual. and they can tell me theres no loss in preformance with dual all they want, but there is. a gas research system would be pimp, twin throttle body :P

[CENTER]88 EA Fairmont Ghia
- Super lows (all corners) - Shortened Shocks - Custom CAI - Clear Indicators - EF XR8 LSD - EL XR 6 Head - Jim Mock XR6 cam re-ground - BF XR6 17's - Advance Extractor's - Redback 2.5" sports exhaust -
dansince86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Gas if for B.B.Q.s anyway !!!
just because my e-gas has similar power, and only costs 12$ to run to sydney and back makes you all jelous :P
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

i dont know if you can get a svi system to run non-dual...
i know carby systems have been doing it for years....

i am at this moment researching XT-v8's and the ability for me to fit straight gas...

i love the whole 900k to a tank for 45$
Old 09-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansince86
ide go gas in a flash if they did straight gas conversions only,every place ive called only does dual. and they can tell me theres no loss in preformance with dual all they want, but there is. a gas research system would be pimp, twin throttle body :P
Honestly, with a big enough mixer (Impco 225) you don't notice much of a difference in power on Petrol. Gas has a little bit, and also, you can't flat change gears, etc, but on Petrol, my performance feels almost as good. Certainly not enough of a power loss to worry about, with the savings I make commuting everyday..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
MCEF95
EF95

Did you know if you run straight gas and take the petrol tank out it is legal to run exhaust with no cat. This is the case in Qld anyway. I beleive sprint gas runs a gas only kit alot of the cabs in brissie use the system.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Been there done that Gas is great to begin with then the problems start. Trust me on this one. Gas is no good.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 AM   #15
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh only trouble when the system is poor quality poorly installed and poorly maintained (or one of the above) as was the case with my ef.
never ran on fuel so the injectors are coated in carbon deposits. but the engine itself is pretty clean inside

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 AM   #16
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

My system was professionally installed by a top name fitter using only the best quality components, i guess it came down to s**t gas being supplied by the servos. I wouldnt reccomend gas to anyone.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #17
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
My system was professionally installed by a top name fitter using only the best quality components, i guess it came down to s**t gas being supplied by the servos. I wouldnt reccomend gas to anyone.
oh yeah, the quality (or lack thereof) of LPG over the last 12 months has gone to poopie.
nasty stuff some servos sell, not just lpg tho, fuel has gone to sh!t as well. IE woolies plus unleaded - metho and water ;)

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post