Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
JD86
DELANY

Default Sex offender petition

Hi guys,

not sure if this has been posted in another thread but I wanted to post this petition to our 90,000 beloved ford lovers.

I am seeing so many sex attacks on women and children on the news lately and it is really disturbing me.

Today I remembered I saw Derryn Hinch on a news program a few months back about how sex offenders in Australia have their details supressed by the courts upon release.
This is appalling and needs to be addressed.
When I have a wife and children I'd like to be able to check on my neighbours to see if any of them have a history of paedophilia/rape. I don't think that's a huge ask.
It's disgusting that such a history is not easily accessible for parents.

I found Derryns website and his petition to change the Australian laws to make such a record public for people to do checks. I found I had signed it back in September 2013, so that must be when the original news program aired.
I was very disappointed to see that only 37,000 people out of a country of 22,000,000 people have signed the petition.

So I am posting the link to the petition below in the hope that our 90,000 members can band together for a great cause and have an impact on something that Australia needs.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...children3.html

Please don't read this far and not sign the petition.
You can be anonymous and it will only take 30 seconds.

We are a powerful group of what I think are upstanding citizens. Lets all sign this petition and quadruple the amount of signatures Derryn has gathered in over 4 months.

I feel this will prevent more victims in the future as parents and women can search any new men who come into their lives and remove that person from their lives before an attack happens.

We can help prevent more attacks happening by spending 30 seconds of our time signing this petition.

I, and I'm sure many women and children will appreciate you signing it.

Thanks

Old 24-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sex offender petition

do these partitions actually achieve anything?

have seen heaps of petitions over the years, but never heard any government/business/council change their minds because of one..
Old 24-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You are signer #37196
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are signer #37238
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

I cannot stand Derryn Hinch.

Last edited by JG66ME; 25-01-2014 at 02:21 AM.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Yeap agree 100%!!

We need an app like they have over in the states..

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
XD ESP! XELR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
I cannot stand Derryn Hinch.
I'm a fan, I like what he does.

Maybe because I'm a smart *** who cant keep my mouth shut as well, lol.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
superyob
Banned

Done!
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are signer #37276
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you will generally find that your kids are at greater risk of being molested by relatives or family friends.
These US style lists of addresses of sex offenders are fraught with danger. Imagine moving into the former home of a sex offender and having randoms driving past and hurling abuse or worse. It also does little more than encouraging vigilante groups.
A better idea would be education for kids about what is ok and what isn't and what to do. Kids receive this type of stuff in schools here now.
Parents should be vigilant not vigilantes
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Certain sex offenders' identities are suppressed because naming them would also reveal the identity of their victim. If you sign this petition you are stating that you believe victims of sexual predators deserve to have their ordeal publicly tied to their name their whole lives.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #12
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
do these partitions actually achieve anything?

have seen heaps of petitions over the years, but never heard any government/business/council change their minds because of one..
I have seen from the 70's on, this type of government always has stooped to the lowest of the low, they always have and always will support the dregs of society. it's a boys club of criminal morons that have stood right behind the idiot priest etc i am sure of it ! it all goes no where year after year.
The gov does push this form of abuse just have a good look see at the jail system, go in there and see justice of the system. i worked with a old dude who once was a screw for like 20 years and he thought nothing of someone being raped and just said they like it, as it happens everyday in jail he said. he would not report it as to him it was just triver thing to him.
Our gov pander to the lowest of the low, just look around and see they are trying to destroy every truly decent morals in this nation with there brainwashing techniques. it's creepy beyond belief. and i thought it was the catholics that were the problem but no that's only a small percentage of a loopy lot. it's politicians that are into it big time and there secret societies etc they use to play the games.

Best thing is to point out a maggot like that to everyone as there is no excuse at all to hide fruit loops like that !
Just one innocent person saved from trash like that is justification of pointing out the creeps to everyone. they are vampires !
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #13
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Signed
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post