Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
SM2303
Starter Motor

Angry Cruise Control

Hey guys,

I am going to get this sorted with my mechanic, but I wanted to see if anyone else has been having these issues, and most importantly what was causing the issue!
My LT 08 CL focus (with smooth pack) has been having issues with the Cruise Control. It started a while back, occured probably twice and its been over six months and it has now struck again with a vengence.
Currently, it will not set cruise at all; to start it would but only hold it for approx 1min and drop like I had hit the brake. Its sparatic, inconsistant and damn right annoying.

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

SM2303 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i experienced in mums car while on my L's. going up a steepish hill was kinda like it gave up. happened with dad too, pretty sure on a steep hill. but have never taken any notice of it.
but didnt happen very often at all.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's a manual make sure you aren't accidentally pressing the clutch in slightly while driving... The clutch will disengage cruise.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
SM2303
Starter Motor

Manual but definitely not near clutch or brake. I got it to work again last night, whereas in the afternoon it wouldnt switch on at all.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Here's something to check. Is your brake light on all the time (whether the brake pedal is depressed or not)?

If it is, your may have a faulty brake switch, which will cause the cruise to not work. This happened in my Cougar when I had it. Let me know what you find

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
SM2303
Starter Motor

Cheers XR5-Boy, will check that out tonight. Hard to fix by any chance?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take it to ford, if its an 08, its still under warranty... but, most likely, a problem with a sensor or such, associated with the brakes.. is a brake light bulb blown?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2303
Cheers XR5-Boy, will check that out tonight. Hard to fix by any chance?
Usually there is a switch on the brake. Isn't too hard to fix, you'll just need to maneuver yourself down there a bit.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post