Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
bags84
Starter Motor

Default my focus sound system

Hi everyone, just updating my pic (which i had none to beggin with). Just wanting to show u guys what iv done to my focus. No engine mods so far all stereo. dnt blame me im young :P.

Still havnt installed my speakers yet....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image280.jpg (33.1 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Image281.jpg (33.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Image282.jpg (33.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Image283.jpg (40.5 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by bags84; 01-11-2010 at 02:39 PM.
bags84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
bseos

haha nice, double whammies!
Just removed mine, one of my brothers mates ended up setting the sub up wrong, had the ohms of the sub/amp wrong, had it blow on me 3 months down the track.

Still working, but at half capacity..

Hope yours is tuned right.
You using velcro to hold the box down in place? Nothing worse when taking a sharp corner only to hear a LOUD *thump* in the back and later realize theres no sub kicking cause the power cable got yanked out again.. :(
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
bags84
Starter Motor

damn man sorry to hear. The guy who installed my subs, stereo works at autobarn, turned out the car was so hard to do, we did a custom job at home for half the price so i was pretty happy :P. We are mates now too so if i got any problems he helps me out.
no velcro, these things are pretty big, they barely have space to move, or iv been lucky. had them for nearly 10 months now. Im really wanting to get my speakers put in. The stockies are startin to die on me (they were once pretty good!!!).
Apparently i gota build mould for the speakers to sit in so im waiting for that.

Good luck with your subs mate. Hope u get them all going
Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Looks like a nice set up. Any way you can let us know what gear you're running? Good to see another Focus with a non-stock headunit, they are pretty ugly and a little limited in their ability. Am about to install a new headunit myself so curious to see what others are running. I imagine you've kept the steering wheel controls?

Plans for speakers? I guess with your mate working at Autobahn your options are pretty open! Unfortunately the Focus have plastic moulds in the front and rear to mount the speakers, so custom ones need to be made. Although if you have the tools/skills/etc, its pretty easy to do.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
bags84
Starter Motor

hey mate. I got 2 orion cobalt 10 inch subs in the back. Bout to install some speakers, fronts are 6.5 inch orion xtr splits at the front n 5 inch orion xtrs at the front. Chosen orion as i am fair biast, due to the fact that the owner of orion distribution in Aus has an xr5 focus stocked in orion sound! hes helped somewhat on installation. He also told me that i could bout speaker mounts out of wood, so thats the next step.
I dont have the steering wheel controls. apparently i woul;d have needed to spend big bucks for that so i forgot all about it. Plus my head unit, jvc, 7inch touch screen dvd player has easy controls that can be used while driving.
Any help for facia kits? or are u okay to install? because i had to import mine from the uk as the ones i found here in aus were only for single din stereos.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
imaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bags84
hey mate. I got 2 orion cobalt 10 inch subs in the back. Bout to install some speakers, fronts are 6.5 inch orion xtr splits at the front n 5 inch orion xtrs at the front. Chosen orion as i am fair biast, due to the fact that the owner of orion distribution in Aus has an xr5 focus stocked in orion sound! hes helped somewhat on installation. He also told me that i could bout speaker mounts out of wood, so thats the next step.
I dont have the steering wheel controls. apparently i woul;d have needed to spend big bucks for that so i forgot all about it. Plus my head unit, jvc, 7inch touch screen dvd player has easy controls that can be used while driving.
Any help for facia kits? or are u okay to install? because i had to import mine from the uk as the ones i found here in aus were only for single din stereos.

I got a two din facia which I bought off ebay 3 years ago and never got used. Infact, the 2din even came with a pocket so a single din hu can be used. My wife didnt budget my plans so the head unit I eyed on got canned.

Still running stock, poor me. Having said that, I've seen some focus head unit replacement dvd's screened from china and they are direct replacements. They blend in with the stock head unit, and its wiring harness and steering remotes are just plug play.

Imaz

2009 FG Falcon XR6 Sedan, Octane.
2012 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mineral Grey.
imaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
~Spyne~

nice work, not a great deal of Focii? with stereos in them from what i've seen.
here's a few pics of mine;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new phatt boot - covers off.jpg (63.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg new phatt doors with bar (2).jpg (69.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Photo335 (Medium).jpg (83.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
bags84
Starter Motor

NICE,~Spyne~ are those new door frames? if so ow much and were from? cheers
Old 03-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
ah-see
Starter Motor

Damn, nice setup you got there Spyne.
ah-see is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
~Spyne~

modified the panel that sits across the bottom and makes the map pocket - Phatt Audio Concepts in Braeside did the work at a pretty good price. The protective bar is just a drawer/cabinet handle that has been cut, ends sanded and then painted.
Quality of workmanship is second to none, they even commented after a couple of weeks that THEY weren't happy with the colour-matching, so asked for the car back so they could get them redone at no extra cost.
Couldn't tell you the price for the door work as they did that, the boot and a few other little things for me all at once.
Looking to replace the headunit with something different if xmas bonus is nice this year, and also get new a-pillars made by Mark @ Frankston Car Audio - not entirely happy with the imaging i get from these (though good enough for Vic Champion and National Runner-Up this year)
Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bags84
Nice. Am sure you can hear and feel your Focus coming!

All good with the facia, thanks. Got a bunch of stuff from Nexxia (UK) and planning to put it all in this weekend. Will do a brief update after its all working.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
bags84
Starter Motor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Nice. Am sure you can hear and feel your Focus coming!

All good with the facia, thanks. Got a bunch of stuff from Nexxia (UK) and planning to put it all in this weekend. Will do a brief update after its all working.
yes :P its a loud lil thing. Id be happy to 'hear' about ur sound system soon. Let me know how it goes...oh n pictures are a must! cheers