Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2021, 09:46 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: 2019 Focus Trend 1.5L T or 2018 Corolla Ascent Sport 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Thats right, i said it twice infact, what i didnt say was that Corolla sells due to parts supply, you simply read the two part post and with a little help from mental gymnastics, arrived at your conclusion.

My reference to spare parts on a vehicle out of warranty is just that, something to consider if intending long term ownership, i never said it was why they sell which is how you interpreted it, and lets be honest, the way Ford have been flip flopping lately over offerings i certainly wouldnt put money on Focus being around locally in 5yrs time as opposed to the Corolla which is a Toyota staple.

Truth is, youre just one of those butt hurt Ford devotee's that cant handle the fact that a perceived appliance outsells your precious no matter how good it is and rather than acknowledge the decision making of thousands of owners who feel the Corolla is a worthwhile option, you demean them by calling them sheeple to make yourself feel better about no one wanting your Focus.

If it were me i wouldnt buy either, id get the Cerato GT, its more powerful, has more torque, quicker and comes with heaps of warranty...and also sells ****loads more than your Focus, but thats just facts.
Parts availability is an issue on my LV Focus, they've long discontinued the plastic intake pipe to the turbo, it has a unique flange, the pipe is cracked and leaking on my car, of course no wrecker availability either.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #32
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats right, i said it twice infact, what i didnt say was that Corolla sells due to parts supply, you simply read the two part post and with a little help from mental gymnastics, arrived at your conclusion.

My reference to spare parts on a vehicle out of warranty is just that, something to consider if intending long term ownership, i never said it was why they sell which is how you interpreted it, and lets be honest, the way Ford have been flip flopping lately over offerings i certainly wouldnt put money on Focus being around locally in 5yrs time as opposed to the Corolla which is a Toyota staple.

Truth is, youre just one of those butt hurt Ford devotee's that cant handle the fact that a perceived appliance outsells your precious no matter how good it is and rather than acknowledge the decision making of thousands of owners who feel the Corolla is a worthwhile option, you demean them by calling them sheeple to make yourself feel better about no one wanting your Focus.

If it were me i wouldnt buy either, id get the Cerato GT, its more powerful, has more torque, quicker and comes with heaps of warranty...and also sells ****loads more than your Focus, but thats just facts.
Again, have a think before you post. I haven’t reached any conclusion, and you still haven’t said why people buy Corolla over Focus because one post you said it wasn’t sheep mentality and in your next one you gave one reason people buy it and it was on reputation. Again, sounds a lot like sheep mentality.

People buy Corolla on reputation, sheep mentality, fleet sales, they’re facts. I’ve driven one and they’re great cars, I can see why they sell. I haven’t belittled anyone.

I’m far from a butt hurt Ford fan, if you had any clue and paid any sort of attention you’d know I barely tolerate that company after what they put us through with Powershift, I haven’t been quiet about it.

And I certainly don’t use the term ‘sheeple’. Mainly because I’m a grown up and paid some attention at school.

Great rant though.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2021, 11:44 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Parts availability is an issue on my LV Focus, they've long discontinued the plastic intake pipe to the turbo, it has a unique flange, the pipe is cracked and leaking on my car, of course no wrecker availability either.
Not surprising, i remember a time when you wouldnt touch a vehicle of any kind if it wasnt a good seller due to ongoing parts availability, sadly those bigger picture factors have been lost in this throw away society.

The Focus is probably quite a good car, we had the LW2 in manual and it was solid, but it has too much going against it to make it a sensible choice, the prospective buyer needs to look past the poor product image brought about by a company with questionable customer service practice in a segment dominated by an industry icon and numerous other solid contenders who dont carry that baggage and the numbers support that.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #34
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know I'm referring to a Titanium SA Focus, however I've been driving it 4 days straight due to height restrictions of the underground carpark where I have been visiting and I have to say the Focus has impressed me greatly. The 8 speed torque converter auto should remove any fears of previously justifiably angry Focus DSG owners, the engine is a ripper and sounds great, it's dynamics are excellent and the safety tech is impressive. And in white with the black contrast of the sunroof, headlights etc., it looks stunning.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #35
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
The 8 speed torque converter auto should remove any fears of previously justifiably angry Focus DSG owners
Unfortunately it hasnt helped, Focus gained a torque converter auto in 6sp guise with the 2015 LZ model and has continued to go backwards on the charts regardless.
Old 27-01-2021, 06:33 PM   #36
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unfortunately it hasnt helped, Focus gained a torque converter auto in 6sp guise with the 2015 LZ model and has continued to go backwards on the charts regardless.
If you saw a glass on the bench with 50% of it's internal volume filled with water, would you call it half full or half empty...
Old 27-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #37
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you saw a glass on the bench with 50% of it's internal volume filled with water, would you call it half full or half empty...
It’s not so much the fault that was the problem. The problem was paying top dollar for a car that didn’t work as it should have through no fault of the owners, only to have Ford screw them over slowly over years in some cases, then when they finally gave a half arsed settlement offer they gagged them and still didn’t admit fault.

All it would have taken was an admission they messed up, a decent trade in offer on a new Focus (or cash towards another make), and the problem would have been not even half as bad as it ended up being. We were lucky with the offer we got as we weren’t any worse off in the end but that was mostly due to the dealer coming to the party as well.

With regards to Focus, Ford are getting what they deserve right now.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Does it really matter when its filled with ****?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2021, 08:19 PM   #39
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
It’s not so much the fault that was the problem. The problem was paying top dollar for a car that didn’t work as it should have through no fault of the owners, only to have Ford screw them over slowly over years in some cases, then when they finally gave a half arsed settlement offer they gagged them and still didn’t admit fault.

All it would have taken was an admission they messed up, a decent trade in offer on a new Focus (or cash towards another make), and the problem would have been not even half as bad as it ended up being. We were lucky with the offer we got as we weren’t any worse off in the end but that was mostly due to the dealer coming to the party as well.

With regards to Focus, Ford are getting what they deserve right now.
My question has nothing to do with a car....
Old 27-01-2021, 08:21 PM   #40
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Does it really matter when its filled with ****?
Lol, nailed it
Old 27-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #41
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Chances are that glass would contain Adelaide water which has a bad rep, so id tip it out and pour a Coke.
The Coke is probably not much better than the water even though ive always enjoyed it, but thats not why i drink it, its because everyone else does.
Old 27-01-2021, 10:23 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Chances are that glass would contain Adelaide water which has a bad rep, so id tip it out and pour a Coke.
The Coke is probably not much better than the water even though ive always enjoyed it, but thats not why i drink it, its because everyone else does.
Whats a Coke cost over there? Here its around $300

Is the thing about Adelaide water really true? Every time I've stayed in a short stay apartment hotel thing there they've had that fancy water filter thing.
Old 28-01-2021, 12:06 AM   #43
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If I was in the market for one .... I'd at least try and stretch for the ST-line or the Titanium if you could.

Ford only sell Active and ST-line now new ... as the other models didn't really sell.
If if you can REALLY stretch it .... the ST.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #44
chris.j

Had our SA Titanium for about 4 months now. Missus loves it.
Managed to get a 3000km old demo with sunroof & HUD for just over 30k.
Drove all the competitors, Corolla, Cerato, 3, i30 etc and the Focus shone through.
Try and spring extra for an ST Line or Titanium, well work the extra $$.
chris.j is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: