Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 25-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BF Brembos

Hi Matt i am looking at upgrading my BF11 GTs brakes and i would value your advice. Would i be better putting 4 pot rears and rotors on (all up price?) or changing the fronts to 6 pots then i can sell the 4 potters. If you could let me know your thoughts and prices on any available options.
Cheers
GT450

GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450
Hi Matt i am looking at upgrading my BF11 GTs brakes and i would value your advice. Would i be better putting 4 pot rears and rotors on (all up price?) or changing the fronts to 6 pots then i can sell the 4 potters. If you could let me know your thoughts and prices on any available options.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 you haven't mentioned what you are going to use the car for but the 6pot front and 4 pot rear upgrade is the most beneficial for you and would cost about $5800 and you could then sell your complete current brake set up to recover some costs.The other alternative is to upgrade the rear to 4 piston which would start from $2500 and will be a cheaper option and still be a very effective brake kit for you.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Matt i am not going to use it for anything other than the odd bit of spirited driving and i just wanted to know which would be the best way to go to get really good brake feel and operation. I have driven the 6/4 set up and thought that was terrific but you will probably say it's a lot of overkill for my situation. I was thinking when the time comes i will put DBA 2 piece on the front but at the moment the pads and discs are fine as i am not particularly hard on them.So i guess you would say add 4 pot rears? If so i would like to keep the grooved and cross drilled appearance , do you agree or are the grooved only better. Anyway i really dont need 6/4s and the cost that goes with that whole package ( i would like them though just too dear) so if you let me know the options and cost i would appreciate your help.
Thank you again
GT450
Old 26-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks Matt i am not going to use it for anything other than the odd bit of spirited driving and i just wanted to know which would be the best way to go to get really good brake feel and operation. I have driven the 6/4 set up and thought that was terrific but you will probably say it's a lot of overkill for my situation. I was thinking when the time comes i will put DBA 2 piece on the front but at the moment the pads and discs are fine as i am not particularly hard on them.So i guess you would say add 4 pot rears? If so i would like to keep the grooved and cross drilled appearance , do you agree or are the grooved only better. Anyway i really dont need 6/4s and the cost that goes with that whole package ( i would like them though just too dear) so if you let me know the options and cost i would appreciate your help.
Thank you again
GT450
The rear Brembo kit starts from $2500 to $3000 and you can have the slotted/xdrilled or the slotted only rotor in DBA or RDA and the total price will be determined by the final rotor choice plus the option of braided lines.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok Matt dba slotted and drilled and braided lines plus a set of braided fronts ?
GT450
Old 26-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Ok Matt dba slotted and drilled and braided lines plus a set of braided fronts ?
GT450
I will confirm Monday for you thanks GT450.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 29-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matt got a price on the DBA rotors today so if you could give me a breakdown by price of the reaar conversion i would appreciate it.
Cheers
GT450
Old 29-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hi Matt got a price on the DBA rotors today so if you could give me a breakdown by price of the rear conversion i would appreciate it.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 i prefer to sell the Brembo upgrade's as complete units and i can do the rear set up for $2500 with the crossdrilled and slotted rotors.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 29-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Matt but i can source them separately and save at the moment and have exactly the same product unless there is someting i am not aware of.
Cheers
GT450