Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Weeping Power steering hose

I have a weeping power steering hose but I can't see how it comes off. There are two hoses on the back of the unit. One has a hose clamp. The one that is weeping seems to be crimped on or something. Is it a simple matter of pulling it off? I'm guessing the cause of the weeping is a dodgey o ring?

JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the crimped one is like a nut
you have to undo it with a spanner

goto repco and get them to order you a new HIGH PRESSURE line
then make sure it has a little o ring on the end (if not grab a pack of orings as mine didnt when i got a replacment

have fun
Old 17-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
STROPP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate the hose is $100 bucks and you need to order the nut with the o ring in it too $11, what I did at the suggestion of one of the guys on the forum was to get an die grinder with a small cutoff wheel and slice the nut on both sides (after undoing it from the pump) there is not a lot of room and being carefull not to score the pipe, it has a small bulge on it for the nut to lock onto and then crack it apart. When putting it back on screw the nut on first then push the hose in this will lower the chance of damaging the o ring. Stropp