Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Default Scratched car :'(

Hey guys

Walked out to my car this morning to go to work and first thing I notice? A scratch along the length of the tailgate. Thankfully doesn't look too deep so the detailer and my salesman (who is used to be a detailer) is going to have a look and see if they can get the scratch out. Don't have a picture of it as because of the color it doesn't show to well but the scratch is definately there. It's probably about 3mil wide. Probably some kids judging by how shallow the scratch is. Doesn't seem to have penetrated, just scratched the surface. Still pretty shattered but :/

Old 29-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Scratched car :'(

What is going on in this world, this is the second thread in as many weeks of new cars being scratched.
I feel for ya mate, id be feeling the same.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Mum's going to be getting the driveway fixed up so I can get my car under the house. I still live at home and mum owns 3 cars so there isn't a lot of room so I have been having to park on the nature strip. But after seeing my face she is getting the drive way fixed up so it won't happen out front of our house again.
Old 29-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
red_hotxr6
Banned

Why, why, why....dont people have any respect any more, what is happening to our society today??/
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sad to say but a lot of people are just assholes.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Turns me off buying a new car ever again.

Our Territory Titanium has heaps of scratches on it from people walking past it with bags etc, we try and be careful where we park it but sadly the mrs uses it for work.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Good news is it can be buffed out. Both the detailer and the salesman are pretty confident they can get it out and have it looking as beautiful as ever. Going to be parking it out the back of work where I can see it all day and parking it under the house where no one can get at it. Seems a bit of a shame to hide the car away but that is what it is coming to. Don't want to walk out to my car again and have a bigger, deeper scratch in it that needs a paint job to rectify.
Old 29-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I know the feeling, when I had my old car I had a someone outside a bank literally slam his door into my car door, look directly at me, smirked and high tailed it out of the carpark...

If it's a daily you just have to deal with it, I made the decision that mine was going to be driven as intended, not parked as an expensive display at home so I've just come to accept that you can't fight the carparks, keys and kids that eventually come near your precious paintwork.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
Good news is it can be buffed out. Both the detailer and the salesman are pretty confident they can get it out and have it looking as beautiful as ever. Going to be parking it out the back of work where I can see it all day and parking it under the house where no one can get at it. Seems a bit of a shame to hide the car away but that is what it is coming to. Don't want to walk out to my car again and have a bigger, deeper scratch in it that needs a paint job to rectify.
good to hear..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

It is my daily as it's my only car but it's also my toy and I take a lot of pride in my toy. I fully realise as a daily it will be subject to some jealous members of our community or those who just genuinely hate Ford. I still find it so hard to believe that someone will go so far out of their way to damage someones property whom they have never met nor have no respect for nice cars.
Old 29-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
It is my daily as it's my only car but it's also my toy and I take a lot of pride in my toy. I fully realise as a daily it will be subject to some jealous members of our community or those who just genuinely hate Ford. I still find it so hard to believe that someone will go so far out of their way to damage someones property whom they have never met nor have no respect for nice cars.
Agree about some people simply hating a brand that much that they do these things, Maybe it makes them feel good about themselves? Or a bet with another drug ****** tool for some grass.
These people are SCUM. Nothing more, nothing less.
I would love nothing more than to find them and run a very sharp key or some other utensil along them.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was a light scratch, I would say someone has walked past with something and accidently scratched the car.

End of the day, people that do this stuff, should be kicked between the legs.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It does feel like its happening more and more.

Luckily its not too deep so should be able to be dealt with easily enough (not that you should have to deal with it)

Oh yeah, and 3mil or 3mm?? you must be walking around with an eyeglass for 3mil
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post