Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 15-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Default What a day at Heathcote (15/10/06)

RspecAU and I thought we'd head back to Heathcote again for a run and got more than we bargained for lol.

Firstly, as we got there I noticed Chris from Bluepower and Craig from ACE. Always nice to see Chris and what a pleasure it was to meet Craig.

Got scrutineered and then the fun began...

Before Mark even made it to staging, he managed to snap the CV joint. Not what we were hoping for when we planned the day out. What a disaster lol. He didn't even get to run (well he did later on, in my car)

I could not break out of 14.8's but I am stoked that I managed to bring my times down from 14.87 to 14.80. May not be a huge deal to some but for me it was something. I am just that bit closer to 14.7's.

After seeing the high that Chris was on after running a 12.58 in the ACE ute and a 10.93 in his own Black Bluepower Beast, I threw him the keys to mine and told him to give it his best shot. He was on such a high, you could see he was busting to get into something and break another time. Well he did it lol. He ran a 14.65 @ 92.57 and blew me away!! I knew it was capable of 14.6's - but I knew I'd never do it so to see it on the board and then in my hand on the slip was awesome. But I won't be taking credit for that run because A) it was just a fun run because he was a jumping bean LOL and B) I didn't run it.

So my new time is 14.80 @ 91.28
Mark's was ummmmm 0.00 @ 00.00 :thebirds:

Krissy.

2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Certainly a day of mixed emotions for you and Mark that's for sure Krissy. Congrats on the new killer times and your car is certainly a nice piece. Cars can always be fixed and raced again don't let it get you down.

Nice to meet you and Mark today for what turned out to be a day of PB's for all except Mark.

Cheers Craig

P.S. Did you take any photo's as i certainly didn't get time to do so.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

14.6 that's awesome Krissy, your AU has the potential. What did Chris do different to your runs ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Excellent Krissy, your car has a new PB now.
I always throw my keys to Mauz, if someone else can get the best out of a car... there's nothing wrong with that.
Chris had a ripper of a day out, and good steering..
Well done.
what was the temp at Heathcote today?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Got scrutineered and then the fun began...

Before Mark even made it to staging, he managed to snap the CV joint. Not what we were hoping for when we planned the day out. What a disaster lol. He didn't even get to run (well he did later on, in my car)

So my new time is 14.80 @ 91.28
Mark's was ummmmm 0.00 @ 00.00 :thebirds:

Krissy.
Yeah not what i had in mind when i got to Heathcote this morning but i guess somthing was going to break sooner or later.

Thanks again to Chris and Craig for there help thanks guys.

Thanks fot that babe i really need to be reminded i got 0.00 @ 00.00 : :
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph

Last edited by RspecAU; 16-10-2006 at 12:30 AM.
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #6
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Certainly a day of mixed emotions for you and Mark that's for sure Krissy. Congrats on the new killer times and your car is certainly a nice piece. Cars can always be fixed and raced again don't let it get you down.

Nice to meet you and Mark today for what turned out to be a day of PB's for all except Mark.

Cheers Craig

We did get some pics Craig but the camera is still in my car.
Old 16-10-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Congrats on the new PB, Krissy. I guessing it won't be long before you run it into 14.6's, now you know the car is capable of that time. Well done :1syellow1

That's bad luck Mark, how did you fix it up enough to get back home?

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well done Krissy, now you know what the car is capable of.
Chris is a gun driver though, i reckon if you put him in a civic and the person in the other lane has an xr8 he would still find a way to thrash them lol :eclipsee_ !!!
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
Congrats on the new PB, Krissy. I guessing it won't be long before you run it into 14.6's, now you know the car is capable of that time. Well done :1syellow1

That's bad luck Mark, how did you fix it up enough to get back home?
Not fixed yet it went home on the back of a truck :
Old 16-10-2006, 12:52 AM   #10
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Still it could be worse, it could still be up at Heathcote.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
14.6 that's awesome Krissy, your AU has the potential. What did Chris do different to your runs ?
I'll know the answer to that once I view the on-board footage from the secret spy camera that I fitted 2 seconds before throwing Chris the keys :P

Nah I don't know lol. Let's see, he's an experienced track driver, I'm far from it lol. Doesn't matter anyway. It was just a fun run. Nothing more to it. Ofcourse I'd like to know his secrets but yeah, it was all just fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
Thanks fot that babe i really need to be reminded i got 0.00 @ 00.00
Finally, I was quicker than you :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
I guessing it won't be long before you run it into 14.6's
Not a chance in hell of me getting anywhere near that. I'm not that good lol. I'm happy that my car is atleast consistantly running 14.8's and to get a 14.8 flat made it even better for me. One notch from 14.7's. Good enough. Ofcourse I'd like to be the one that runs 14.6's in it mate but I didn't so I'll go by what I run - 14.80 and happy
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 16-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #12
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
I managed to snap 4 before the camera died on me. The rest are on Marks camera.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...&addtype=local
Old 16-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #13
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was wondering why Mark's car was in the driveway when i called in at Blue power this morning, i thought for a second that Mark had seen the light :
Anyway Chris and i carefully loaded it on to the trailer and last i saw it was on the ring road heading to A.C.E.
Don't worry Mark, you'll be up and running in no time.
P.S. did'nt you have problems with the left drive shaft not long ago?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Nice effort Krissy!

I guess that means I've dropped one spot on the Timeslip db :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #15
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
I was wondering why Mark's car was in the driveway when i called in at Blue power this morning, i thought for a second that Mark had seen the light
If G&D were open, it would most likely be sitting there which would have been first choice obviously but being Sunday, G&D were closed and Chris and Craig were kind enough to get us out of a jam. Since it couldn't be towed to G&D, we agreed to have it kept at Bluepower until it got to A.C.E this morning. And we're more than happy to have Craig work on it.

Just because it's been at Bluepower and now at A.C.E doesn't mean we've jumped ship from G&D. Chris and I have been mates for quite some time and this was simply mates helping mates. To be honest, we didn't want to bother the guys with our drama but we had no other choice since there was no-one at G&D that we could call. Actually, they could have quite easily left us stranded and not helped because we are on the G&D team, but then they're not childish are they - oh well, Chris maybe but not Craig :

Now, the car needs a wash Mark and a vacuum would be good too if you don't mind. And don't touch the camera! Don't think your ticker could handle the pictures that are on there _2:
Old 17-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #16
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
I was wondering why Mark's car was in the driveway when i called in at Blue power this morning, i thought for a second that Mark had seen the light :
Anyway Chris and i carefully loaded it on to the trailer and last i saw it was on the ring road heading to A.C.E.
Don't worry Mark, you'll be up and running in no time.
P.S. did'nt you have problems with the left drive shaft not long ago?
I hope u loaded it carefully cause that's $800 of fibreglass on the front
I did have some problems with that side but that was the wheel bearing that was no good which stuffed the hub aswell.
Old 17-10-2006, 06:05 AM   #17
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

well thanks for the call froogalspec : last I got was whinge whinge :
anyway congrats on the time now what was it is I said "TOLD YOU SO" any way do I get my tyers back now :Reverend:
Cheers ,Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #18
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I hope u loaded it carefully cause that's $800 of fibreglass on the front
I did have some problems with that side but that was the wheel bearing that was no good which stuffed the hub aswell.
Hey man,

I took one look at the front bar, and my dad came outside my shop and helped me position the car correctly so that it wouldn't scrape - we also put a towel over the cable.

The car when we unloaded it at craigs onto a steep section in his driveway, so the ramps were flat.

Your bumper is in top nick dude, we made sure of it!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #19
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Not a chance in hell of me getting anywhere near that. I'm not that good lol. I'm happy that my car is atleast consistantly running 14.8's and to get a 14.8 flat made it even better for me. One notch from 14.7's. Good enough. Ofcourse I'd like to be the one that runs 14.6's in it mate but I didn't so I'll go by what I run - 14.80 and happy
Krissy, that 14.6 is yours and don't let anyone tell you different.

I know the feeling of someone else running a quicker time in your own car, but it's still yours and I reckon it gives you more inspiration to go out and beat it.
Don't put yourself down in regards to ability, its just a matter of time before you get it all together and do that perfect run - especially now you know what your car is capable of.

Go get 'em girl! :jab:
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #20
Matt_J
www.hp-f.com.au

Glad to here you are being looked after Mark, im sure you will be on the road again real soon, thanks Chris and Craig.

Krissy, take the time...!! Im sure Chris wont mind!!

Congrats on your 10 second pass to Chris, i was only a matter of time before it did it, well done.
Matt_J is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #21
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
well thanks for the call froogalspec : last I got was whinge whinge :
anyway congrats on the time now what was it is I said "TOLD YOU SO" any way do I get my tyers back now :Reverend:
Cheers ,Whoosha
I tried to call you from Heathcote but I had no reception. I tried to send you a "whinge" message after one of my runs, but it went straight to outbox to try later. Then I plain forgot about you which is nothing new LOL.

So Whoosh, I ran a 14.8 flat :P Which is surprising after the tantrum I had at your place on Saturday about certain things LOL. Nah I'm stoked with how I did. Chris pulling a 14.6 gives me something to chase. I'll be going to the AWMN drag training day in March so hopefully I'll learn a few things and walk away with some knowledge to help me with my times (especially my 60ft's)

Anyway, yes, you told me so and NO you do not get any tyres back coz I ummmmm, lost them. Yeah that's right, lost them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Power 289
I know the feeling of someone else running a quicker time in your own car, but it's still yours and I reckon it gives you more inspiration to go out and beat it.
Don't put yourself down in regards to ability, its just a matter of time before you get it all together and do that perfect run - especially now you know what your car is capable of.

Go get 'em girl! :jab:
Thanks Terry. Your comments are highly appreciated. I've been out there twice in the last month all in the name of breaking away from that 14.8 and I'll keep going until I do it, no matter how long it takes, or until something breaks lol. But I'd like to walk into G&D with some better numbers than what I've been giving them. Chris has shown that it has 14.6's in it. I've been saying for a long time (infact I just said it on Saturday to Whoosh) that it should be capable of a 14.6 but I'm not the driver to get it. Oh well, it's gonna be a slow process but fun trying lol.

Krissy
Old 17-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #22
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Just from an old timers view, thats not real shabby, considering a GTHOs best times in the early 70s was 14.8
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #23
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ G&D
Glad to here you are being looked after Mark, im sure you will be on the road again real soon, thanks Chris and Craig.

Krissy, take the time...!! Im sure Chris wont mind!!

Congrats on your 10 second pass to Chris, i was only a matter of time before it did it, well done.
It will be soon back on the road it's only a broken half shaft. It broke as soon as i got out of the water and hit the rubber that the LS1 boys left behind the day before.
Old 18-10-2006, 01:45 AM   #24
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Just from an old timers view, thats not real shabby, considering a GTHOs best times in the early 70s was 14.8
With today's tecnology thses cars should be a lot faster than somthing that was made in the 70's.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #25
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:

But I'd like to walk into G&D with some better numbers than what I've been giving them. Chris has shown that it has 14.6's in it. I've been saying for a long time (infact I just said it on Saturday to Whoosh) that it should be capable of a 14.6 but I'm not the driver to get it. Oh well, it's gonna be a slow process but fun trying lol.

Krissy
Krissy,

Advice as a friend, is to not feel pressure and keep it fun. Im sure Matt and crew know what the cars are capable of, as they come off the rollers, deep down they would have known a 14.6 or better isn't far off. Im sure that it would mean more to G and D that you are happy with your car. I have known you for a lot longer than when you were a G and D customer, and whenever we have a coffee, you always tell me how rapt you are with the day to day performance of the car.

Now, it has been confirmed for you. Thanks for the drive, it is a totally different car to drive compared to terry's, both very different beasts. Im sure that in your continued development, you will see more out of the car.

Turning a huge wheel and tyre combo like that is more than likely costing you MPH. try the SP3000a's with a small burnout, I reckon there is a .50 in it, no fear.

Its a funny thing, normally im giving advice and then flashing a tune in, this one is a little more relaxing, one less thing i have to worry about!!

Full credit to Matt and crew for this car, and full credit to you Krissy for being a hardcore race chick!!

peace out
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #26
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Well done Krissy....

Chris definatly know how's to get the Auto's down the track.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT