Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

Default '06 duratec 2.0 - dealer ecu upgrade ruins idle?

Hey

I've just got my '06 focus back from the dealership yesterday where it was having its 75,000km service. The blokes there did an ecu reflash to upgrade its software, and now it has a particularly bad idle.

The car always used to run extremely smooth, and now whenever I pull up to the lights and put the clutch in, the revs drop and bounce between 1000rpm and 600rpm, and there has been a couple of times where its dropped to nearly 200rpm and shown the battery light, nearly stalling.

Has anyone else recently had this ecu upgrade and had similar issues? I've noticed that its slowly getting better as I drive it more, is the duratec ecu a 'learning' system and simply has to re-learn the way I drive? It is going back to the dealer Monday, however I would like to avoid the hassle if its a common thing.

Mad_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post