Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Ozigoo

Default Transmission flush on AWF21 6 speed auto?

Looking at doing a transmission flush om my 08 Mondeo MA. Its the AWF21 6 speed auto box, not the "Powershift".

Found a few "how to" do's on the SAAB site, but they only do drain and fills.
They do it 3 times over a few days to get most of the crap out...

Thought it would be easier to just drain and fill once, then disconnect the "out" line from the oil cooler attach a hose to the oil cooler.
Then its just a matter of turning the car on and off to pump out, say 1 liter at a time while refiling the 1 liter back into the box via the top fill plug.
Doing this until the fluid coming out is the same color as the stuff going in...

My question is..... which one is the line coming out of the oil cooler back into the box? is it the one at the top of the cooler or the one at the bottom?
Im guessing the top one?

I might try a wreckers for the exact hose fitting of an old Mondeo cooler so I can click on the extension hose for no leaks...

Done hours of research on the bloody trans oil... the OEM stuff is $40/ liter

There is a hugh debate on the web over whether the Ford AW-1 fluid is the same as the Toyota Js3309 fluid or similar...
There is no definitive answer, so I bought some AW-1 Ford Motorcraft fluid from the USA. with postage still came out cheaper...

Anyone done this job?

cheers
Ozigoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post