Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #931
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
If you can't see the end game Trump and his mates are playing you need to take your blinkers off.

His is good mates with Putin, that will give you a hint
The same Putin who he put economic sanctions on?
4 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 01:04 PM   #932
MustangStevo63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Trump lost, get over it.
brave comment
Old 24-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #933
MustangStevo63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
To clarify, I couldn't give a **** who leads America, I just want them to support us, be fair and not drag us into another war.

For the record I thought Hillary was every bit a shonky as Trump is
Now that's a fair comment and i applaud it.

Trump stopped wars brings troops home! keeps sweet with Oz, record unemployment (pre covid) for all races, reins in China, peace in the middle east, operation warp speed fastest vaccine ever for any virus including this Chinese one, my perception is as crazy as he is, he has done a lot of good.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #934
superyob
Banned

Hillary is infinitely worse...
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #935
Trevor 57
is now there

Interestingly Trump is allowing 'some' transition activities to take place, not really a declaration of a win is it
Old 24-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #936
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The same Putin who he put economic sanctions on?
send people off the scent
Old 24-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #937
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangStevo63 View Post

Trump stopped wars brings troops home! keeps sweet with Oz, record unemployment (pre covid) for all races, reins in China, peace in the middle east, operation warp speed fastest vaccine ever for any virus including this Chinese one, my perception is as crazy as he is, he has done a lot of good.
umm Trump has done little to support us, in fact he put tariffs on us, not much better than the Chinese.

Just digressing a bit, the Democrats seem to have got America involved in most of their wars whereas here it is the opposite side of politics that get us involved in wars and Labor brings them home
Old 24-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #938
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Trump stopped wars brings troops home! - they were tired and done by the time he got there, lucky timing but props for not inflaming

Keeps sweet with Oz - not entirely, but hardly a challenge

Record unemployment (pre covid) - again the hard yards were done

peace in the middle east - seriously going to give Trump that?

operation warp speed fastest vaccine ever - not here yet and he had nothing to do with it, its a global effort

But yeah, Trump would claim it was all him.

Do we want to start on what his stuffed up? Most of it he inherited but he hasnt made anything worth while any better, the country is the worst its ever been. He may of not instigated it all, but his opened the wounds and thrown salt in. It takes diplomacy to control chaos.

Oh let me guess, he will also claim record economic growth rates post covid too?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 24-11-2020 at 02:20 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 02:42 PM   #939
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
send people off the scent
Yeah right

Now who's wearing the tin foil hat?
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #940
Sonny_Jim

Quote:
so ok they stopped the count at the same time and the court decision came in at 4 in the morning
I think you are getting yourself confused here. Please bear in mind that mail in ballots weren't instantly counted the moment the Judge made the decision.

Trump petitions court -> Mail in ballots are put to one side whilst the rest of the votes are counted

Trump cases get thrown out (during the day)-> Mail in ballots are counted, finishing at 4AM.

Quote:
try harder next time
I'm as critical as the next guy and I have no horse in this race, but it's very important you realize that what the Trump campaign is saying in the press is completely different to what they are actually putting before the courts.

For example, here's the ruling a Republican Judge made in Pennsylvania:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...5174406541.pdf

No mention of voting machines being rigged, voter fraud, 'dead' people voting or anything like that. That case revolves around *2* mail in votes that were declared invalid because they didn't follow the correct procedure. From there, the Trump team is trying to extrapolate that ALL mail in votes should be declared invalid because *2* people didn't get the chance to amend their faulty ballots.

The Judge points out that he's not in a position to disenfranchise nearly 7M voters because 2 people didn't fill out a form correctly. Also any court case has to prove jurisdiction first, that this is the right court for this case to be tried. The judge points out that he literally doesn't have the power to remove 7M votes, hence it was dismissed.

It's not a conspiracy, just read the court documents. That's where the 'facts' are. It's the same reason why they've distanced themselves from Sidney Powell. There was no way they could prove *in court* what she was saying was true.

Last edited by Sonny_Jim; 24-11-2020 at 02:49 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #941
superyob
Banned

Obama (by your inference) did the 'hard yards'? Yeah, maybe with his husband Big Mike.

Trump's employment/economic victories are Trump's alone, not the groundwork of Obama, the worst president ever...
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #942
MustangStevo63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Trump stopped wars brings troops home! - they were tired and done by the time he got there, lucky timing but props for not inflaming - only pres in a long time didnt start a war....

Keeps sweet with Oz - not entirely, but hardly a challenge pathetic answer

Record unemployment (pre covid) - again the hard yards were done says you lol?

peace in the middle east - seriously going to give Trump that? how was good old barry + slow joe going with it?

operation warp speed fastest vaccine ever - not here yet and he had nothing to do with it, its a global effort - started in January - he was on it very early - slow joe argued he shouldnt stop flights from china when he did

But yeah, Trump would claim it was all him. - yeah mostly

Do we want to start on what his stuffed up? Most of it he inherited but he hasnt made anything worth while any better, the country is the worst its ever been. He may of not instigated it all, but his opened the wounds and thrown salt in. It takes diplomacy to control chaos. - the country like EVERY country is in a pandemic - derrr

Oh let me guess, he will also claim record economic growth rates post covid too?

Wait for the great reset coming , Pres Harris with AOC etc want to control all you do in the USA - my answers are contained within the above quote
This user likes this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #943
Trevor 57
is now there

did you miss the bit where Trump is allowing the transition to start taking place - this is hot news of lunch time today
Old 24-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #944
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Wait for the great reset coming , Pres Harris with AOC etc want to control all you do in the USA - my answers are contained within the above quote
You may want to sharpen your quoting skills, I feel dirty your comments and reply are within mine.

Reset is way over due (if we are talking about a proper recession), and why would I care about how someone wants to control me in a country I dont live in.

If only Trump supporters were so passionate about their local councils and governments...actually no, best to keep yelling at the TV and educating your mates in the union so you can all stick it to the man.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #945
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 24-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #946
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The Biden-Harris transition team celebrate Emily Murphy’s call.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #947
MustangStevo63

Quote:
You may want to sharpen your quoting skills, I feel dirty your comments and reply are within mine.

Reset is way over due (if we are talking about a proper recession), and why would I care about how someone wants to control me in a country I dont live in.

If only Trump supporters were so passionate about their local councils and governments...actually no, best to keep yelling at the TV and educating your mates in the union so you can all stick it to the man.
Union lol biggest exporter in Aussie History (jobs) as they want more more more...the big reset is controlling you do and say , think cancel culture x 1000 , usa the start tomorrow the world
Old 24-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #948
MustangStevo63

Quote:
did you miss the bit where Trump is allowing the transition to start taking place - this is hot news of lunch time today
nope didnt miss it, did you see the whole quote where he is still fighting?
Disgusting threats made against the lady in charge of it all....looney left specialty...do you condone this?
Old 24-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #949
MustangStevo63

Trump stopped wars brings troops home! - they were tired and done by the time he got there, lucky timing but props for not inflaming
- only pres in a long time didnt start a war....

-pathetic answer

-says you lol?

-how was good old barry + slow joe going with it?

operation warp speed fastest vaccine ever - not here yet and he had nothing to do with it, its a global effort
- yes he did, started in January - he was on it very early - slow joe argued he shouldnt stop flights from china when he did

- yeah mostly

Do we want to start on what his stuffed up? Most of it he inherited but he hasnt made anything worth while any better, the country is the worst its ever been. He may of not instigated it all, but his opened the wounds and thrown salt in. It takes diplomacy to control chaos.
- the country like EVERY country is in a pandemic - derrr

Old 24-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #950
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXY9TuuwyL8

Trump and the election not being lost

But to have to go through all this again in 4 years time

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 24-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #951
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
- only pres in a long time didnt start a war....And? Why is that an achievement? Its been done before and plenty of other prime ministers and presidents all around the world also seem to manage.

-pathetic answer. How so, Australia and US relations have never really been an issue and good to see ScoMo finally distance himself, ScoMo shoudl have done it ages ago.

-says you lol? And you?

-how was good old barry + slow joe going with it? No idea what you are going on about, Trump is not a diplomat

- yes he did, started in January - he was on it very early - slow joe argued he shouldnt stop flights from china when he did - started what? Border closures, is that your vaccine? FFS...every country closed borders once it was generally understood what was going on, the US just happened to be one of the first to cop it...still not sure what that has to do with the vaccine. Of those claiming they are near a release what does Trump have to do with them?

- yeah mostly

- the country like EVERY country is in a pandemic - derrr - again what? Does everyone forget the other 3 years he was in office? Naturally Trump is not to blame for CV19, but he did nothing to help his country and unite it...how is that detergent going? Remember it was all going to just float away ina month or so? masks? frickening anything and it is still a shambles..but his all over it yeah?

Quote button still a challenge, ok I'm done from here its like talking to a door knob. But see red text, thought you may like red.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #952
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I just wish the majority of people showed this much passion and interest in the running of our own country.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
7 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #953
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
That's a hoot!

Should keep a scorecard on the "sure things" that these guys are going to expose.

Trouble is coming AOCs way, I can assure you of that!!!

Anyways, looks like he's going to bring the house down... or he won't
Old 24-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #954
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
nope didnt miss it, did you see the whole quote where he is still fighting?
Disgusting threats made against the lady in charge of it all....looney left specialty...do you condone this?
Don't ask stupid questions
Old 24-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #955
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Here's another one for you. He's a little bit upset that Sidney was rolled.. but it's all great stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvBTfn2aus

I particularly like that he is donating to Sidney even though he's on social security... wait... I thought that social security was socialist? It's kind of in the name isn't it?
Old 24-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #956
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I just wish the majority of people showed this much passion and interest in the running of our own country.
as a long term member you know that it is against the sites T&C's to talk about Australian politics - so that is why people are getting into the yankee election

Nothing would give me greater enjoyment than to talk about Aussie politics here but I fear the hand of god (aka RussellW)
Old 24-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #957
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
How so, Australia and US relations have never really been an issue and good to see ScoMo finally distance himself, ScoMo shoudl have done it ages ago..
have you forgotten that infamous phone call between the Trump-miester and Turnbull

relationships between Aussie and USA have never been better hahahahahaha

I see SCoMo has told USA and China to settle down, which is interesting coz he inflamed the relationship at the start of the serious COVID
Old 24-11-2020, 05:35 PM   #958
MustangStevo63

Quote:
Quote button still a challenge, ok I'm done from here its like talking to a door knob. But see red text, thought you may like red.
oh dear.....touched a nerve i see......red is ultimately your colour comrade, you know it all....carry on
Old 24-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #959
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
as a long term member you know that it is against the sites T&C's to talk about Australian politics - so that is why people are getting into the yankee election

Nothing would give me greater enjoyment than to talk about Aussie politics here but I fear the hand of god (aka RussellW)
Nothing to fear Trev, you created a safespace for yourself from that villain superyob.

So, go for it!
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #960
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
oh dear.....touched a nerve i see......red is ultimately your colour comrade, you know it all....carry on
oh if only you knew the truth, dems were red reps were blue!!
Closed Thread