Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Spilly
Starter Motor

Default whats a good exhaust for an ef fairmont 6

i looking to buy a nice sounding exhaust .. but all exhausts i have heard on a stock 6 sound really droning.... any chance someone can give me an idea of what a nice sounding exhaust would cost and where in vic to get one..... i been tryin to find lukey exhausts but nowhere around my area stocks lukey

Spilly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

2.5 insh mandrel bent from cat back, got for a redback one with a hotdog and a rear muffler....thatll put a nice note onto her for ya!
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
stevo351

i got my ef 6 system from car line mufflers.it's a cat back 21/2 system with a turbo muffler.it's a bolt on system $300 bucks fitted sounds great.....
stevo351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
Spilly
Starter Motor

whats the cost of the red back with hotdog and muffler.....u know how u get a sorta of gurgling bubbling noise ( great description ) as the revs come down.. thats what i want to achieve if ya dont know what the noise i am trying to describe then oh well .. just a really nice note is what i am after.. think the noise comes from not having a resignator
Old 27-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
EDXR6T

get a manual:P
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Spilly
Starter Motor

well tellin me to get a manuel is no help
Old 27-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a lukey 2.5" exhaust and lukey extractors, i love the sound of it. It has a nice deep note at idle and sounds nice when you open it up.

I think the noise your referring to is when your in a manual car and you let off the throttle and makes it that gurgling noise when the revs fall down, so manual would be a help becuase i dont think auto's work the same way
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I got a redback 2.5" with one muffler, sounds pretty good i'm pretty happy with it cost me $320 with a tip, and it's $280 without a tip.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

oh and a cam helps the exhaust note HEAPS, so i'd recommend getting a cam as well if you want a mint sounding exhaust.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
F6T
Has V8 envy

I know exactly the sound you are after. It's the sound I get when I'm in a low gear, no throttle, coming down hill engine breaking (or letting the momentum of the car push you along).

I have genie extractors with a mandrel bent 2 1/2" sytem from the cat back with a lumpy cam - but you gotta have a manual for it to work properly.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #11
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
I got a redback 2.5" with one muffler, sounds pretty good i'm pretty happy with it cost me $320 with a tip, and it's $280 without a tip.
i got the same on my wagon. a 2 1/2 inch with one highflow muffler and for some reason the centre of the cat fell out ;) when i put the exhaust on, but it sounds insane and the cars an auto but if you drop it to first at about 55km/h it back crackles and burbles and sounds insane. also at real low revs like 100rpm and under it almost sounds like a V8
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
fullisic
Starter Motor

done mine yesterday 2 1/2 from the cat single sports muffler and a 4inch tip sounds alright but it auto though it would sound a lot better as a manual
fullisic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post