Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 13-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
FGXR6TUTE

Default To machine or grind rotors?

Hi Matt,

My 6 pot Brembo equipped FG ute is suffering mild brake pedal pulsating, it seems my 30,000km old Brembo rotor(s) have for some reason got a slight warp, odd as they haven't done any serious work.

I've heard that some places don't like machining drilled rotors as it's hard on their machine, and that I should get them ground at a machine shop instead?

Any comments as to which process is better, or why they have warped?

Thanks.

Old 13-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: To machine or grind rotors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGXR6TUTE
Hi Matt,

My 6 pot Brembo equipped FG ute is suffering mild brake pedal pulsating, it seems my 30,000km old Brembo rotor(s) have for some reason got a slight warp, odd as they haven't done any serious work.

I've heard that some places don't like machining drilled rotors as it's hard on their machine, and that I should get them ground at a machine shop instead?

Any comments as to which process is better, or why they have warped?

Thanks.
A machine is what i would recommend as i have not done any grinding on rotors myself. New tips is all you need to get a good machine on the rotors and also have a look at front end bushes because there were some issues early on with the 6 piston brembo's fitted to FG utes as there was a shuddering in the front like the ABS banging on. It is in the forums if you do a search.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
FGXR6TUTE

Thanks Matt.

Yes I know about the upper inner bushes and these have already been addressed, it's definitely a rotor issue. :-(
Old 13-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks Matt.

Yes I know about the upper inner bushes and these have already been addressed, it's definitely a rotor issue. :-(
Then machining will be fine. Have you replaced brake pads at any stage and if so what type?

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 13-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
FGXR6TUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Then machining will be fine. Have you replaced brake pads at any stage and if so what type?
Nope, stock pads supplied with the calipers. What would you recommend, I like the RB74 compound I run in another vehicle (Landcruiser) as it doesn't make dust and the rotors still look like new!
Old 14-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Nope, stock pads supplied with the calipers. What would you recommend, I like the RB74 compound I run in another vehicle (Landcruiser) as it doesn't make dust and the rotors still look like new!
I think the RB74 is a bit inconsistent as you may find them different from one car to another but they are popular and some people swear by them.There are other pads like project Mu and Ferodo that offer better pads but these cost between $300 and $400 for that type of quality.

Phone 02 9609 1101