Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Fez WQ

Smile WS wanting to stall when cold

Hi

Any help ..........

My WS Fiesta LX wants to stall only when it has a cold start, has anyone else had this problem, My car has done about 38,000kms

I always run it on 98 octane and have not had any other probs

Can you help me

Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: WS wanting to stall when cold

Yea common problem.

Try holding your key at the stage where all the dash lights up for about 5 seconds before starting it...then start it. Someone said this on another site and it seems to work, then just let the car settle for 10 seconds before moving off. Try that and report back, and keep using 98 or 5.

What causes it is something to do with not taking the car on highways and long drives...Something that is quite hard for most of us to do.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
south21

I have the same problem, mine has 149,000 ks on it, I go to newcastle 3 times a week from blue mountains, I not long ago put new plugs in did not make any difference mabe the injectors need a clean.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

The first PCM update of the WS was designed in response to this problem, apparently. However, considering the car is European and they have a far colder climate than here, one thinks this was usual Ford PR bull.

I suppose you could have it left at your Ford dealer o/night so they can experience the problem first hand, but no doubt they will describe it as a 'characteristic' of the car (that's what they did with the pinging issue, as well as other problems some members have had with dash lights and DSG transmissions).

Easiest fix - do what I had to do with my R32 GTR (which was tuned and letting it idle was necessary) - just let it idle for a few minutes before driving off in the morning. I know, a new car shouldn't need to; but considering the amount of problems associated with the WS Fiesta, what else can you really expect?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by south21
I have the same problem, mine has 149,000 ks on it, I go to newcastle 3 times a week from blue mountains, I not long ago put new plugs in did not make any difference mabe the injectors need a clean.
Wow, that's a lot! Have you had any issues with it?

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
Fez WQ

My car has only Hwy kms every day, plus I use 98-95 unleaded. The problem is only there on cold morning (Perth). The car takes off then.... holds back and wants to back fire and stall. I have had the new update but it seems not to help. The funny thing is if I wash under the bonnet it does not do it .... not sure why
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure of an answer, but let us know how long/much distance travelled it takes to get to warm up temperature (90C), and this might lead the discussion in the right direction.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post