Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: do you have insurance
NO I cant afford it 82 7.63%
NO insurance wont touch me the driver 22 2.05%
NO insurance dont like my car too many mods etc 35 3.26%
NO i'd rather spend that money at the pub i'm too tight 37 3.44%
YES Id' never drive without some form of insurance 899 83.63%
Voters: 1075. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #601
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupdy do
Thats only if it is my fault if the van is still moving then he pays for the tram etc I am not liable for his loss of income thats stiff **** and his insurance problems not mine

Same for the Ba if a hit him and he is still moving and then crashes into a shop his fault not mine.

Hey i wish i could afford insurance then a could drive like the other victorians down here (with my head up my ***) doing my makeup or on the phone
Well, no you are still 100% liable. Insurance is so cheap, you can't afford not to have it!
Quote:
you need to know the law....
for example if your going down the road and someone parked on the side of the road puts there indicator on to pull out (in victoria they use it as a request not what you about to do _INDICATION) if you drive past and they pull out and sideswip you its partailly your fault (50:50) if you honk your horn before going past them its all there fault.

Your insurance can get out for many reasons and they will scamming MO FO's
I do know the law and I know it very well.
Your statement is wrong, the vehicle pulling out is 100% liable. Horn is irrelevant. I have no idea which kid told you that!

Oh and insurance companies run buy strict governing body, it is impossible for them to scam you.

I tend to think you are not being serious, I hadn't heard anything this funny ever!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #602
coupdy do

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
You will only get 'screwed' if you don't tell them everything. Otherwise you are in a dream world.
The problem is that some stupid things will make your car illegal in insurance eyes
Old 18-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #603
coupdy do

Quote:
Well, no you are still 100% liable. Insurance is so cheap, you can't afford not to have it!

I do know the law and I know it very well.
Your statement is wrong, the vehicle pulling out is 100% liable. Horn is irrelevant. I have no idea which kid told you that!

Oh and insurance companies run buy strict governing body, it is impossible for them to scam you.

I tend to think you are not being serious, I hadn't heard anything this funny ever!
This happened to my cousin so not bullshit and the other car was doing a u turn on a country highway when they got to court the judge asked her if she saw the indicator she said yes then asked why she did not stop avoid the driver who was indicating what they were going to do. She was told she had to warn the other driver they were there before going past and then it would have been 100% the other driver.

SO GO TELL THE JUDGE HE WAS WRONG
Old 18-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #604
coupdy do

You don't know anything do you? if your hit and your car is still moving and you hit someone in front of you YOU pay for what you hit your fault, they pay for the damage from the contact with your car but nothing else. If you have come to a stop and someone hits you then they pay for all of it.
Old 18-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #605
coupdy do

My court record is 6-0 my favour
Old 18-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #606
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You don't know anything do you? if your hit and your car is still moving and you hit someone in front of you YOU pay for what you hit your fault, they pay for the damage from the contact with your car but nothing else. If you have come to a stop and someone hits you then they pay for all of it.
I know that reasoning applies to most multiple rear enders at traffic lights, but if you get T boned at 100km/h you're hardly going to be in a position to stop yourself from hitting something else and you wouldn't of been in that position if the person who hit you hadn't hit you in the first place!
Old 18-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #607
coupdy do

If you drive a $40,000 car and pay $600-$900 a year for insurance then it is relatively cheap but not for a car thats worth only 6 or 7 times the premuim its not cheap at all.

p.s how many people are on there parents insurance? because they can get out of that if your not careful i.e " oh its my car its just on my parents insurance" bam now its not
Old 18-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #608
coupdy do

Yes if you piledrive some one into the shop you can argue that it was the other cars momentum that put you they not your bad driving (as cars don't drive sideways you would be correct )
Old 18-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #609
TFXR8.50L
EDDY_XR8220

i was on my perents insurence when i drove there car never had a clame though now with my car i pay $1800 a year thats the cheapest i could find with elders ins, just car wanted $3600 plus ex was $1000 if i am at fault what a rip off,
joys of being under 25 and having a v8 lol
Old 18-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #610
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
My court record is 6-0 my favour
You have been to court 6 times??

ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks for this conversation, it's been very funny. I loved it.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #611
coupdy do

funny considering im not a lawyer and they were represented by lawyers.
The last girl even brought in all the evidence for me! she photographed the area and submitted the photos to support her arguement they ended up support my arguement and the Judge agreed. she paid for it all sh'e just lucky i didn't get my personal costs in it. (she took me to court not the cops so it was a civil hearing)
Old 18-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #612
coupdy do

Also did you know that in a carpark if both cars are moving and they have a collision then they pay for there own damage - i might get a heap of **** and head for south yarra for some laughs.
Old 18-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #613
coupdy do

Quote:
You have been to court 6 times??

ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks for this conversation, it's been very funny. I loved it.
I always go to court for anything got one next month - parking fine and another coming up (speeding) i fight everything and i win them all so far... looking good for the parking fine but not the speeding.
Old 18-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #614
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just because it was ruled by the court doesn't neccessarily make it right. How many people have got off on crap that their nuts should of been nailed for?
Old 18-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #615
tyxr8ute

If you can't at least afford 3rd party insurance...catch the damn bus!!!!!
2007 F6 Tornado #0067 - Lightning Strike

Member: FPV & XR Owners Club Of Victoria
Old 18-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #616
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Just because it was ruled by the court doesn't neccessarily make it right. How many people have got off on crap that their nuts should of been nailed for?
Agree with that. Just like that P-plate girl who weighed 48kg and had a BAC of 0.08 in Bondi Junction last year and the courts ruled she was right in expecting the alcohol to be out of her system before she drove.

Personally, I still maintain that driving without insurance is just plain stupid. At least have third party property. I tell you what.. if anyone slammed into me without insurance I'd be taking them to court. Sure you might get away with only paying me 10 bucks a week for 30 years but your credit rating would be lower than the front bar on a rice burner. Without a credit rating, you wouldnt be able to have a credit card.. or a loan (home loan... car loan... etc.).

For 800 bucks a year, I think thats cheap compared to what you would have to pay for otherwise.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 19-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #617
coupdy do

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyxr8ute
If you can't at least afford 3rd party insurance...catch the damn bus!!!!!
Why don't you move to the states : : :
Old 19-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #618
coupdy do

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Agree with that. Just like that P-plate girl who weighed 48kg and had a BAC of 0.08 in Bondi Junction last year and the courts ruled she was right in expecting the alcohol to be out of her system before she drove.

Personally, I still maintain that driving without insurance is just plain stupid. At least have third party property. I tell you what.. if anyone slammed into me without insurance I'd be taking them to court. Sure you might get away with only paying me 10 bucks a week for 30 years but your credit rating would be lower than the front bar on a rice burner. Without a credit rating, you wouldnt be able to have a credit card.. or a loan (home loan... car loan... etc.).

For 800 bucks a year, I think thats cheap compared to what you would have to pay for otherwise.
So you would pay $800 for fire and theift on $6500 of cover?

You wouldn't be taking me to court - you have insurance remember! The insurance company would be.... i already have the credit cards and will never have a home loan (who can afford houses) plus owing $40k to some insurance company is hardly bad owning a $300k house at 15% will be
($45k /year)
Old 19-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #619
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'm going to close this thread now. Some of the logic is giving me a mental brain lock.

For those not insured out there... good luck. As for me, I'm covered. So if I punt a Rolls Royce into an electricity sub station... I'm covered. If you are confident you can cover the worst possible situation without insurance then I guess its all cool then.

As for owing $40K on a smashed up car rather than $300K on a house... try selling the smashed up car for a profit, not going to happen.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread